• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Problem: Something Like Mist Appears

S. Perera

Question

hi,

i'm getting something like a oil/mist in the 'outside/exterior' of the windscreen.

(so during rain these days it's extremely difficult to drive :ninja: )

problem with the windscreen?

should i use special liquid?

problem with the wiper?

where can i get wipers for the nissan fb15 2004 model?

pls help

reg.

sam

5 answers to this question

chances are your AC is cooling too effectively under rainy conditions. Its the outside humidity that causes the thin 'mist' that seems to reappear as soon as its wiped off.

You might need to raise the temperature a little so that its a little closer to the outside temperature.

Also, Rain X or a good Glass polish may help.

hi,

i'm getting something like a oil/mist in the 'outside/exterior' of the windscreen.

(so during rain these days it's extremely difficult to drive :ninja: )

problem with the windscreen?

should i use special liquid?

problem with the wiper?

where can i get wipers for the nissan fb15 2004 model?

pls help

reg.

sam

on wiper blades...wurth seems to be a decent brand and you can get them from wurth agents and distributors... most large scale service stations also tend to stock these.

If your blades are doing a good job in wiping the windscreen there's no need to replace them...

Like Gunat says...it's main due to colder temp inside the cabin...so reducing the AC will help keep out the mist formation

i think its the wippers...had a similar problem sometime back, it only happens when you have the wipers on right? i tried various options including upgraging the window washer liquid..didnt work, replaced wipers and all mist and oilyness dissapeared...

Could be wrong though...

i think its the wippers...had a similar problem sometime back, it only happens when you have the wipers on right? i tried various options including upgraging the window washer liquid..didnt work, replaced wipers and all mist and oilyness dissapeared...

Could be wrong though...

Very strange, I've experienced exactly the same thing on a friends Hiace after it had its Windscreen replaced after an accident. He never got to the bottom of what was causing it and assumed it must be some chemicals or something on the outside surface of the windscreen. This happened even when we had no AC on !!.

Very strange, I've experienced exactly the same thing on a friends Hiace after it had its Windscreen replaced after an accident. He never got to the bottom of what was causing it and assumed it must be some chemicals or something on the outside surface of the windscreen. This happened even when we had no AC on !!.

funny enough this was the same story one of my friends was saying... he had replaced his stock winscreen with an aftermarket one after an accident and the glass was getting fuzzy in rain... he had changed back to an OEM one and saying now it's far better...

sorta difficult to understand how this happen though :blink: