• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Note Book

Hi guys,

I'm new to using note books. Wanna buy 1 . it should be 1GB ram Core duo, with 120 GB hard drive.

What do you guys vote for?

ACER

TOSHIBA

LENOVO

HP

DELL

Hpe you guys will help me to choose with ya ideas.

Cheers :alc::food-smiley-004:

Hi guys,

I'm new to using note books. Wanna buy 1 . it should be 1GB ram Core duo, with 120 GB hard drive.

ACER

TOSHIBA

LENOVO

HP

DELL

well if it was me...it'll be defa the newest Mac Book PRO... much much pricier against the PC's but leagues ahead...

But then again apple is also not for everyone :)

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

out of your selections i'd go for Dell :) Have previous experience with them and seems to hold up pretty well.

the HP i used sometime ago gave trouble with it's HDD and an ACER dveloped MB problems and sound card stopped working.

Hi guys,

ACER

TOSHIBA

LENOVO

HP

DELL

1- DELL (Dell Inspiron 1525 110,000/=)

2- HP

3- Toshiba

4-ACER

Never used - Lenovo

1- DELL (Dell Inspiron 1525 110,000/=)

2- HP

3- Toshiba

4-ACER

Never used - Lenovo

he he :)... no offense mate by when i saw your reply...rushed back to view this thread again thinking whether TOYOTA has started making notebooks :lol:

well if it was me...it'll be defa the newest Mac Book PRO... much much pricier against the PC's but leagues ahead...

But then again apple is also not for everyone :)

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

out of your selections i'd go for Dell :) Have previous experience with them and seems to hold up pretty well.

the HP i used sometime ago gave trouble with it's HDD and an ACER dveloped MB problems and sound card stopped working.

I have a MacBook pro and I must admit I do not find the hard ware built quality that impressive !. The key board is not what I'm used to and the special power supply adapter which is supposed to come off if the cord gets tangled didn't work the only time it needed to !!

But I find the Mac Os refreshingly different from Windows and the performance is outstanding, but I would expect similar performance from a similarly speced Windows machine. But I do think the OS and some of the aesthetics are the biggest selling points for macs.

Acer used to have shoddy build quality but it seems to have improved quite a lot and the newest Acers feel very well put together.

HP, well I've never had a problem with the brand so I'm quite sad to hear you had problems with the HDD. Sometimes HDD failures have more to do with the climate than build quality. I bought a Samsung HDD from the UK back home once which lasted a grand total of 3 weeks !.

I use a Dell myself and I think its good value for money though I do think HP's are much better put together and use more quality components.

But I do think IBM inspired Lenovos are the best Laptops if you are looking for functional performance and outstanding build quality which were the hall marks of the IBM brand and I must say nobody makes laptops like IBM. They look like ugly black boxes but they are build from concrete, can take abuse like no other and delivers solid performance and as a bonus has more innovations in them than any other manufacturer. Of course I am talking about IBM inspired Lenovos (the T series the Z series and the R series). the only down side is they tend to be very pricy, in the MacBook pro range.

Toshiba is only a little bit behind IBM in all the above and is a bit cheaper too.

Try to get a laptop with a core 2 duo processor (cos the price difference from Celeron is minimal) and at least 1GB of Ram cos anything else will get outdated very soon.

me ado Don umba apple walata gahala me paththe ehema enda epa harida :lol: :lol:

actually you're the first guy i heard a bad review about the new mac book. I've been on macs since the days of the old 7220's and man i the only reason i like pc's is that you get lotsa games and a huge variety of softwares over the macs

And performance wise...a similar specked mac will spank a pc anyday :angry-smiley-048: and the OS is much more stable over windows...

Microsoft would've designed their software to work best with windows so those run on macs might not feel a huge performance boost.

I work with lotsa editing softwares and those give you better performance on apple's :P

ok ok... admittedly i'm a huge apple fan :) sorry to go OT :lol:

nothing beats Dell on value for money.... and customer service here in S'pore is awesome too... they come and do the repairs at YOUR HOME at your convenience.

my DVD burner was slowing down and due to carrying it wrong the lid bracket had come loose, both were replaced (though lid wasn't even covered under warrenty) within 2 days of calling them.

Acer over has a pretty bad reputation for MB crashes and burnouts...

If you have someone coming to S'pore anytime soon, get a Dell here, you get a bigger savings.

nothing beats Dell on value for money.... and customer service here in S'pore is awesome too... they come and do the repairs at YOUR HOME at your convenience.

my DVD burner was slowing down and due to carrying it wrong the lid bracket had come loose, both were replaced (though lid wasn't even covered under warrenty) within 2 days of calling them.

Acer over has a pretty bad reputation for MB crashes and burnouts...

If you have someone coming to S'pore anytime soon, get a Dell here, you get a bigger savings.

I prefer DELL Latitude D630 i have one and work perfectly. then again I gotta Macbook C2D its standout.

me ado Don umba apple walata gahala me paththe ehema enda epa harida :lol: :lol:

actually you're the first guy i heard a bad review about the new mac book. I've been on macs since the days of the old 7220's and man i the only reason i like pc's is that you get lotsa games and a huge variety of softwares over the macs

And performance wise...a similar specked mac will spank a pc anyday :angry-smiley-048: and the OS is much more stable over windows...

Microsoft would've designed their software to work best with windows so those run on macs might not feel a huge performance boost.

I work with lotsa editing softwares and those give you better performance on apple's :P

ok ok... admittedly i'm a huge apple fan :) sorry to go OT :lol:

Ha ha,

No ripper I have nothing against Macs, as I said my own Laptop is a Mac Book Pro and quite an expensive one (needless to say I didn't pay for it)

I just expected better build quality from such an expensive machine. I mean I just cannot type fast in that key board, it just lacks feel, and same can be said about the previous generation I-Mac key board. I do not know where Apple gets these from.

I'm not a fan of Windows myself hence my choice for a MacBook pro. And I do feel its the OS (Windows) which lets most PC's down not the underlying hard ware which is more or less the same since Apple switched to Intel processors, so in theory there would be no performance difference between a new Intel Mac and a similarly speced PC but the OS makes all the difference. Technically you can run Mac OS:X on a PC (if not for hard ware based protection).

Not bashing Macs here, just felt a bit underwhelmed after receiving my own machine to the point I still haven't ported completely from my old Dell.

Hi guys,

ACER

TOSHIBA

LENOVO

HP

DELL

HP offered the best value for money taking into consideration the specs they offer

If your buying the laptop in Sri Lanka you'll notice that aside from Acer is the only other comes close in terms of value for money

I don't doubt for an instant the quality of the other machines such as the Dell's & the like, but as a satisfied HP user for well over 6 years i'm prone to sing the virtues of the brand :)

adequate support is available through a wide range of dealers and partners for HP

an HP DV series notebook would make a good choice

Ha ha,

No ripper I have nothing against Macs, as I said my own Laptop is a Mac Book Pro and quite an expensive one (needless to say I didn't pay for it)

I just expected better build quality from such an expensive machine. I mean I just cannot type fast in that key board, it just lacks feel, and same can be said about the previous generation I-Mac key board. I do not know where Apple gets these from.

I'm not a fan of Windows myself hence my choice for a MacBook pro. And I do feel its the OS (Windows) which lets most PC's down not the underlying hard ware which is more or less the same since Apple switched to Intel processors, so in theory there would be no performance difference between a new Intel Mac and a similarly speced PC but the OS makes all the difference. Technically you can run Mac OS:X on a PC (if not for hard ware based protection).

Not bashing Macs here, just felt a bit underwhelmed after receiving my own machine to the point I still haven't ported completely from my old Dell.

he he...was pulling your fancy magnetic cable mate :)