• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Better Tyre Size For Fb14

Poobhathy Kannan

I have an FB14 (year 98). I need to change my car tires (not alloy wheels). I’m very sorry to say that I don know the current tyre size. It looks like the normal size for FB14s as I checked other FB14s too. The current tyre size looks small. I need to go for a bit bigger one which may give a steady look for the car. What would be the better choice for my car?

I have an FB14 (year 98). I need to change my car tires (not alloy wheels). I’m very sorry to say that I don know the current tyre size. It looks like the normal size for FB14s as I checked other FB14s too. The current tyre size looks small. I need to go for a bit bigger one which may give a steady look for the car. What would be the better choice for my car?

You can find the current tyre size from the tyre, just look at the tyre there will be combination of three numbers...

ie: 175/65R14

175 is the width of the tyre. (175mm)

65 is the aspect ratio aka tyre profile

14 is the rim size (14 inch Diameter)

Also find the stock size from the sticker located right under the door lock as Devinda said. I think your car is on stock size. By saying 'Bigger' do you mean the width of the tyre? It's not advisable to increase the profile with the same size of the rim.

Edited by Bharath

but it will affect the fuel consumption right? bigger the tyre, the more the area, so more the friction........i think..... :unsure:

yep...you'll burn bit more gas but i take better stopping power over a lil bit of fuel savings anyday :)

Thanks guys. Can i increase the width of the tyre?

Yep. But it will burn some more gas but better grip on the road specially when it comes to braking. Will look nice too...thats what our people say 'Baloon tyre'...lol...

Edited by Bharath