• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sludge Formation

jaga

Dear friends,

One of my friends has gone to TOYOTA Lanka to service his car and one of technisian has found some sludge has been formed just inside of oil filling hole near over head cam. Now he advised to clean the engine completly other wise engine could be ceased. The cost is 140000/=Rs

I understand this is a new trend found in sri lanka forming sludge in the engine due to some varieties of lubricants. I don't know how far it is true that A*W is not using one brand due to this problem from recently.

If some body is having same type of experience or any clue please advise.

Dear friends,

One of my friends has gone to TOYOTA Lanka to service his car and one of technisian has found some sludge has been formed just inside of oil filling hole near over head cam. Now he advised to clean the engine completly other wise engine could be ceased. The cost is 140000/=Rs

I understand this is a new trend found in sri lanka forming sludge in the engine due to some varieties of lubricants. I don't know how far it is true that A*W is not using one brand due to this problem from recently.

check the 95 octane thread... i think this was discussed there pretty extensively

Had Same experience with dads car. The engine is a 1GFe. I have the same car with the same engine. I use 95Oct with Minaral engine oil. He uses 90Oct and Synthatic oil. Dont know if there is a connection or not.Toyota wanted 250,000.00 for his cleanup. But heres what we did. Took it to a Garage at palawattha, Battaramulla a well known personality. He did an oil change and another in one month and another in three months its now fine and did not cost anywhere near what Toyota wanted to charge. Hope this was helpfull.

Had Same experience with dads car. The engine is a 1GFe. I have the same car with the same engine. I use 95Oct with Minaral engine oil. He uses 90Oct and Synthatic oil. Dont know if there is a connection or not.Toyota wanted 250,000.00 for his cleanup. But heres what we did. Took it to a Garage at palawattha, Battaramulla a well known personality. He did an oil change and another in one month and another in three months its now fine and did not cost anywhere near what Toyota wanted to charge. Hope this was helpfull.

if i may ask, what the oil your mechanic used for those short interval oil changes?

Standard procedure for Cleaning out sludge is flushing with Engine Oil. Sometimes they may replace the PCV Valve if blocked.

Dear friends,

Can clean by flushing with engine oil and there are Engine Flush oils too for flushing the engine. And have couple of oil changes in one month interval should be fine. But depends on how bad is the sludge...

Can you find out what oil your friend has been using all these days? And which brand oil A*W is not using?

Edited by Bharath

Don’t blame Nissan for a Vios sludge problem. :action-smiley-060: (Your topic is in Nissan thread)

Anyway I would suggest doing a simple machine sludge removal first and see whether it could solve the problem. This uses hot oil with pulse pumping and heard that that this could take out formation of sludge in the initial stage. Doing this periodically will prevent further sludge formation.

Don’t blame Nissan for a Vios sludge problem. :action-smiley-060: (Your topic is in Nissan thread)

Anyway I would suggest doing a simple machine sludge removal first and see whether it could solve the problem. This uses hot oil with pulse pumping and heard that that this could take out formation of sludge in the initial stage. Doing this periodically will prevent further sludge formation.

We had the same problem on a few of our VVTi engined company vehicles (Corolla 121/ Mark II) but cropping up after 100k in all the cases (Running standard Lanka/ Caltex oils and pumping whatever the users decide on 90/95).

Our technicians pulled out the head/s and did thorough manual clean up on each of the engines.

No such problems on the Efi engines Corolla 120 (1300cc Bnew Version)

Thank you very much for all and this has been discussed in "Remember not to use octane 95" extansivly as RIPPER told. Acutually I haven't gone through that topic till today morning. Thanks again Ripper.

My friends car (Toyota Vios) engine was flushed with some chemical+engine oil and problem is sorted out it seems. This has to be repeated after 2000 km according to the expert at Koswatta.

Dear friends,

140000 rupees…….. oh crazy……. Only about 50,000/= you have to spend to replace the second hand engine also.

There are special chemicals to remove engine sludge. But that can be harmful to engine also. Remember this should have to do by an experience technical guy.

Edited by Nilantha

Thank you very much for all and this has been discussed in "Remember not to use octane 95" extansivly as RIPPER told. Acutually I haven't gone through that topic till today morning. Thanks again Ripper.

My friends car (Toyota Vios) engine was flushed with some chemical+engine oil and problem is sorted out it seems. This has to be repeated after 2000 km according to the expert at Koswatta.

Every 2000kms or the next repetition in 2000kms? What I know abt this treatment is if you get sludge formation you’ll have to repeat the treatment after 1000kms and the next repetition at 2000kms for the best effect. But don’t expect miracles with this treatment. Always check for any further indication of sludge.

And what's the brand of oil that A*W advised not to use?

140000 rupees…….. oh crazy……. Only about 50,000/= you have to spend to replace the second hand engine also.

Sorry for my ignorance. Where can you get a Vios engine for 50k? This might be helpful to anybody in the future.

Edited by ash

Deas ash,

acutually I don't like to disclose the name of the brand because I realy don't know how far the information is true.

I have found a good link with regards to this and link is below.

www.oilgelsettlement.com

i dont think u could find a vios engine for that price....

Agreed. 50k is way cheaper for an engine.

Machan Jaga....Can you tell us what was the oil your friend was using which made sludge? It will be helpfull.

Edited by Bharath

Dear Bharath,

he has done only two oil changes in sri lanka and used MOBIL multigrade (mineral) oil. I don't think that this has happened due to MOBIL. The car was imported from Singapore and we don't know which type of oil was used in there.

As far as I know MOBIL is a good brand. isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Dear Bharath,

he has done only two oil changes in sri lanka and used MOBIL multigrade (mineral) oil. I don't think that this has happened due to MOBIL. The car was imported from Singapore and we don't know which type of oil was used in there.

As far as I know MOBIL is a good brand. isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply machan, Mobil is good any way. I am using Mobil Super XHP Plus 15W-40. As you said the oil which had been used in Singapore was the reason for the sludge.