• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carina Ed..!!

protege

Question

hey everybody.. this is the second time im writing but ive been reading up on all the news on the forum.. right now im in desperate need of help..

planning on buying a 92 model 1.8L toyota carina ED which has been parked for years(about 2) for unknown reason.. planning on going and checking the details tom but can anybody help me as to

1. how much a good running would cost (so i know its not a loss on my investment after making the car)

2. did this ED model come with a diesel engine or will i be able to change another type of diesel engine with out any problems

3. what should i be specially looking for as for problems? specially since it has been parked for long

4. is it worth even investing a little amount money on a car like this ( specially of this model )

5. can anyone suggest a garage who will do a good job on this model who is also considerably cheap as i do not plan on wasting too much of money

further- the car looked really nice from the out and the interior looked good.. scared of the corrosion situation as i saw a tree coming out of the door.. all the parts are supposed to be there but not sure.. planning on first retrieving the 1.8L petrol engine it already has....

i know the list is long hope someone can help ..

thnx..

5 answers to this question

tree coming OUT the door???? you mean its growing inside!?!??!?!

In this case i think If you could post a picture of the car it might be much easier for someone to answer question 3 and 4.... and i think at this moment those 2 are the MOST important..

hehe not like a big tree but there were alot of green around .. but it did look good .. as in it doesnt look like a rusted old thing and original paint job looks as if after a wash it look pretty good.. there werent any holes or anything that i noticed. planning on going tom but it seems as if i might end up buying it.. plz i need all the help i can get on about the topic.. specially since it aint a very popular car.. but ya i guess it looks like a bargain for me getting it for round 3 n half... it looks like a better investment than a maruti... would appreciate any sort of help before buying and the repairing process afterwards.. thx

Edited by protege

hey everybody.. this is the second time im writing but ive been reading up on all the news on the forum.. right now im in desperate need of help..

planning on buying a 92 model 1.8L toyota carina ED which has been parked for years(about 2) for unknown reason.. planning on going and checking the details tom but can anybody help me as to

1. how much a good running would cost (so i know its not a loss on my investment after making the car)

2. did this ED model come with a diesel engine or will i be able to change another type of diesel engine with out any problems

3. what should i be specially looking for as for problems? specially since it has been parked for long

4. is it worth even investing a little amount money on a car like this ( specially of this model )

5. can anyone suggest a garage who will do a good job on this model who is also considerably cheap as i do not plan on wasting too much of money

further- the car looked really nice from the out and the interior looked good.. scared of the corrosion situation as i saw a tree coming out of the door.. all the parts are supposed to be there but not sure.. planning on first retrieving the 1.8L petrol engine it already has....

i know the list is long hope someone can help ..

thnx..

machang, I live in Malabe. Today morning I saw a GD **** numbered purple/maroon ED for in a car sale near Koswatte Junction. When you are driving towards Malabe from Koswatte junction it's on the left hand side. Not more than a 1Km from Koswatte. Keep looking for a board that said Kamal Engineering or something. UIts before Laugfs supermarket. It seemed Ok from the outside, though there was no tree growing from it...!! Good luck.