• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dubai Autodrome Knockout Challenge (drag Event)

albertho

Hi guys,

after months of silence im back again ! Last few months have been real hectic preparing my Civic EK for next season after my engine blew and preparing an Integra DC2 for the track. Civic is completed, Integra is about 90% still.

The EK got a B18C SiR2 engine as always (due to the price factor ... Rs120,000 for the B18C Si series engines while rs400,000+ for the Type R engines). After purchasing the engine it received ITR pistons, Supertech titanium valve springs and retainers, and Skunk2 pro series stage 1 cams along with other OEM rebuild parts (water pump, oil pump, gaskets, etc).

Ran in the engine for around 1000km and Zaki came down to tune her, amazing ... just plain amazing how the car performs. Thanks Zaki for your magic work !!!

Thursday night was Dubai Autodrome's drag event called Knockout Challenge, i came 2nd in my category !! I have only the timings for the qualification round (below) and this is a 350m drag.

1st place Zlatco - Civic EK with Brian Crower's 2160cc B18C stroker (12.8 seconds)

2nd place Me - Civic EK with Zaki's magic (13.4 seconds)

3rd place Umair - Quickest NA S2000 in Dubai (13.6 seconds)

4th place Abdul Hameed's civic driven by his younger bro - Civic EG6 fully-prepared and stripped to the metal. (14+ seconds, not sure though but i had about 2 car lengths gap).

3rd round my clutch hose punctured and i was stuck in 3rd gear, continued on 3rd gear at around 9100rpm and managed to beat the S2000. 4th round i started the car (on 2nd gear) at the green light and completed the race as i was anyway 2nd and i know i havent a chance against Zlatco's civic even if i had my clutch !!

Will post up some pics once i receive them !!

Pictures courtesy Sam of Uaeboost.net

knockout08013rs8.th.jpg

knockout08001um1.th.jpg

knockout08001bom0.th.jpg

knockout08004mi3.th.jpg

knockout08005dy0.th.jpg

knockout08007gk6.th.jpg

knockout08010jw9.th.jpg

knockout08011lm1.th.jpg

knockout08017mv6.th.jpg

Edited by albertho

hey mate cool work good driveing bro and by the way u had great help from ZAKI congadz keep it up may Srilankan flag fly in dubai in the podium .....

and by the way QUS can outsiders like people outside from dubai who are living in gulf can come down and race .... and test their metel ....

and by the way QUS can outsiders like people outside from dubai who are living in gulf can come down and race .... and test their metel ....

You guys can come down,& race but arrange a competiton licence through your local FIA agent.

I'll assume that not all the cars pictured are racing, coz that looks a lot like an Ariel Atom. :blink:

Ariel atom was racing :-) Owned by a hardcore Honda enthusiast here. Came 2nd in its category. Categories were NA, modified (turbos and superchargers were put in this class) and the outlaws.

Teg, well its been stripped to the metal. Zaki saw it happening and he was in tears :P Rebuilt engine and all other requirements for me to enter the Saloon Car Championship that is FIA approved equipment like extinguishers, roll cage, tow eyes, kill switches, etc etc.

All equipment is installed, just trying to figure out tyres. Tough selecting a size, its a very high speed track where the main straight can take a honda to 200kmph. At the moment the honda guys are running Advan A048's 205/50R15 and complaining they need something more grippier. next size is 225/50R15's but im worried that'll be too wide? body rubbing isnt an issue as we can roll the fenders ... but any other contact?

Mabrook bro!

I didn't know that there are SL guys in the racing scene here in Dubai

I and some of my mates will surely come around and support next time you race at Autodrome if you post it here beforehand

do you do UAQ as well?

UAQ drag strip's VHT Trackbite is what scares me to drag there :-) Plus, my car allignment is setup for autoX .... i just entered this event to see how the car performed after the rebuild and tune.

This experience has sort of given me the bug to build a drag civic too ;)