• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unlocking The Trip Computer In Mazda 3

Dinu

hi guys,

i found a way to unlock the trip computer. it was given in another forum. it worked for me. according to the manual im not supposed to hve the trip computer. :action-smiley-060:

Only for 06+ Models

1. Get in car and close door.

2. Put key into ignition (DO NOT TURN YET!)

3. Hold down the AM/FM button AND the CD button.

4. With your other hand (while still holding the buttons) turn your key to the ACC position. The Hello message will appear on your display, and as soon as it goes away it will be replaced by DIS ON.

5. You may now let go of the AM/FM button and CD button.

6. Turn ignition off.

7. Turn your car on and drive away!

hi guys,

i found a way to unlock the trip computer. it was given in another forum. it worked for me. according to the manual im not supposed to hve the trip computer. :action-smiley-060:

Only for 06+ Models

4. With your other hand (while still holding the buttons) turn your key to the ACC position. The Hello message will appear on your display, and as soon as it goes away it will be replaced by DIS ON.

6. Turn ignition off.

Eelangata car eka ganna minihata deyyangema pihitai!

hi guys,

Only for 06+ Models

6. Turn ignition off.

This is not a good habit.

This is not a good habit.

I am surprised by the criticism on Dinu by Nilantha and Priya.

Why is this a problem or a bad habit at all. What he has done is unlock a feature thats already present on his car and locked purely for marketing purposes in the hope of convincing customers to pay more for a model with the above feature. This is just BS marketing policies by the manufacturer. It costs them nothing to provide us with extended features but disable them to make more money out of us.

And since he has NOT done it using an intrusive method it should not cause problems for the car in any way and might not even void the factory warranty.

Thanks for sharing this information with us Dinu.

Why is this a problem or a bad habit at all. What he has done is unlock a feature thats already present on his car and locked purely for marketing purposes in the hope of convincing customers to pay more for a model with the above feature. This is just BS marketing policies by the manufacturer. It costs them nothing to provide us with extended features but disable them to make more money out of us.

And since he has NOT done it using an intrusive method it should not cause problems for the car in any way and might not even void the factory warranty.

right on Don!

of course, it COULD be that priya and nilantha have misunderstood what Dinu meant when he said "unlocked the trip computer"... based on the usual actions of one of the individuals involved, i'd say this is a very real possibility don't you think? ;)

hi guys,

Only for 06+ Models

6. Turn ignition off.

is it possible to disable this in case?

Ok, what are the benefits you get from unlocking the trip computer?

http://www.mazda3club.com/showthread.php?p=400012

- CONSUM CUR: Current fuel economy (calculated every 2 seconds)

- CONSUM AV: Average fuel economy (since battery was connected or resetting the trip computer, displayed every minute, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until the display clears)

- REMNG: Distance you can travel on remaining fuel (must add more than 5.3 gallons to reset it)

- AV: Average vehicle speed (displayed every 10 seconds, to clear: hold SET for 1+ seconds until display clears)

this is copied from a European or US site, so it could be that you don't get exact options in locally available Maz3s.

I was suprised too when i read Nilantha & Piyal's posts. They must hve thought you hve to do the procedure everytime u want to use the trip computer, which is not the case. u hve to do it only once.

its definitely a marketing ploy by the manufacturers. when i unlocked it, it already had values for avg cons and avg speed. that means the trip comp was working, only the display was disabled.