• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Buy Various Types Of Engine Hoses ?

MAS

A place other than the agents.

Anyone ?

Thanks

:)

In my personal opinion if you are replacing a busted hose you probably should replace it brand new.

This all depends on the type of hose you are after and for which vehicle, but most spare parts dealers carry them.

If its a radiator horse try a place like radiator house or D*MO

The most difficult hoses to find usually are hot air horses (made out of foil) but all rubber hoses are freely available

In my personal opinion if you are replacing a busted hose you probably should replace it brand new.

This all depends on the type of hose you are after and for which vehicle, but most spare parts dealers carry them.

If its a radiator horse try a place like radiator house or D*MO

The most difficult hoses to find usually are hot air horses (made out of foil) but all rubber hoses are freely available

You can find good used house like brand new. Its better than Taiwan and Malaysian brand houses.

You can find good used house like brand new. Its better than Taiwan and Malaysian brand houses.

Nilantha, rubber tends to deteriorate with age, and a horse which looks brand new might not be the same in actual use.

You can always get a genuine Japanese replacement hose in Panchikawatte

Nilantha, rubber tends to deteriorate with age, and a horse which looks brand new might not be the same in actual use.

You can always get a genuine Japanese replacement hose in Panchikawatte

Sorry brother, I have much experience with used parts. I can guarantee used rubber houses better than brand new Malaysian, Indian and Taiwan horses.

Remember you can’t compare with panchikawaththa genuine parts and agent’s genuine parts. Those are deference. If I have a time I will show u a compression about panchikawaththa genuine and agent’s genuine oil filters. (I did little research about punchikawaththa genuine and company genuine. I will show u later.)

if you are looking for such a hose like water hose its better to chose recondition one never use new one as both are having diffrent qualities but if you need to buy new one ,buy it via agent,but price will be little bit high but when you buying recondition one you must cheak it well for damages and if it feel oily dont buy that also B)

Various small types like - vacuum hoses, breather hoses etc.

Cos for older cars, you cannot get them from the agents.

Thats why my interest to find a one stop shop.

Thanks for all the feedback.

a walk along panchikawatta should would find you a near match take the sample and compare the physical attributes and see if its the right fit.

But i gotta agree with Don on the rubber issue, rubber does decay and fail (which is why we're talking about it right now :D) So the rubber may look nice on the outside but you can never tell what kind of history it had had. maybe it was lying under a huge stack of hoses or even an engine block, thus permamanty disfigured for a while with the rubber forming to the new size. it can be straightened up but you can never tell if its right on the inside.. i'm sudre you've all noticed a thread mesh between the rubber, no-one can tell if its in tact on the inside..

The savings you make on things that are perishable might not be that much of a savings cos the problem is bound to come around faster.

Dont know about hoses, but there are SOME parts that are genuine on the outside too... example say toyota outsources its radiator hose making to Seiken. Saiken says sure we'll make the million hoses toyota want and make another million for 3d party sellers. So its the same hose you get except you buy it at a different place, and a different price. i'm not saying that this is true to all parts but it is to quite a few. Example th front boots for the G.Vitara vody 5100 each at A*W couple of years back. Same was made for the Toyota ae110. and price at Tas? Rs.700. It fit like a glove (or boot :D ) and has been running for some time. Though I dont think i could have made the same comment on a pair of used boots, cos i'm sure that though i would have been able to find a pair for about 500 each, it might not have lasted as long. So, sometimes it helps to go on the HOSE rather than the ecaxt vehicle model. Cos the Gemini uses some hoses that are still used in ELF trucks... So best solution, take the sample, and take a walk :)