• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sex And Motoring

Duncan

Hello everyone

What do you think of this......lately more and more motoring mags (what ever media it may be) seems to use sex to attract buyers.

As a true enthusiast I am quite disgusted by this (not that I don't like chicks in skimpy outfits - don't get me wrong), but when I am looking through great cars and related stuff, I sure don't want to see some chick showing her assets off.

Cheers

Hello everyone

What do you think of this......lately more and more motoring mags (what ever media it may be) seems to use sex to attract buyers.

As a true enthusiast I am quite disgusted by this (not that I don't like chicks in skimpy outfits - don't get me wrong), but when I am looking through great cars and related stuff, I sure don't want to see some chick showing her assets off.

Cheers

:angry-smiley-048: yep u r right ... but what happen to others who used to see only chicks in moto mags. LOL

no offense duncan or the rest but i was expecting people to have some sort of comment to support their line of thinking considering they agree with you.i do too.

but anyway i assume you're referring to magazines like max power and the likes?in my opinion the sexual references don't make the product in question any more attractive.like a normal straight man i love the barely clad women too but i don't relate it to advertising in those magazines.

honestly people use this tactic even on ebay.i read somewhere how an individual sells golf tees planted inbetween a woman's breasts.now how's that for sex related marketing?

au revoir

no offense duncan or the rest but i was expecting people to have some sort of comment to support their line of thinking considering they agree with you.i do too.

but anyway i assume you're referring to magazines like max power and the likes?in my opinion the sexual references don't make the product in question any more attractive.like a normal straight man i love the barely clad women too but i don't relate it to advertising in those magazines.

honestly people use this tactic even on ebay.i read somewhere how an individual sells golf tees planted inbetween a woman's breasts.now how's that for sex related marketing?

au revoir

Sex sells. Oldest truth of marketing. I guess they use it to give ppl a reason to pick their product over all the others in a very competitive market place. Say u get super-street, import tuner and max power. They are all great on their technical stuff. I know that at least import tuner uses import-models to try to gain the edge.Its a job for the girls and its something else to attract the guys... Other than the common interest in cars.

Diversification. Strategies for survival in todays marketplace :D

Sex sells. Oldest truth of marketing. I guess they use it to give ppl a reason to pick their product over all the others in a very competitive market place. Say u get super-street, import tuner and max power. They are all great on their technical stuff. I know that at least import tuner uses import-models to try to gain the edge.Its a job for the girls and its something else to attract the guys... Other than the common interest in cars.

Ha ha ... Well said mate :D My thoughts are on the same lines.

I dnt care How but for Guys Like me its very hard I got down a wcc Video cd and they show the Bmw 745 pimped ride..audio system bouncing on the asses of some chinese sluts..

Fewww ..i hate That attitude...People by the magazine and look more at the chick other than the car

true pericles.sex does sell.but i forgot to mention in my post that it doesn't make things more attractive to some.in an automotive perspective either you like the product for what it's capable of or not.irrespective of whether it is being marketed by some scantily clad dame.to me the women on those magazines are a bonus but would not necessarily make you want the product more.they'd just make you want the magazine more :D

edit: i was referring to women endorsing an automotive accessory by the way in case anyone misunderstood

true pericles.sex does sell.but i forgot to mention in my post that it doesn't make things more attractive to some.in an automotive perspective either you like the product for what it's capable of or not.irrespective of whether it is being marketed by some scantily clad dame.to me the women on those magazines are a bonus but would not necessarily make you want the product more.they'd just make you want the magazine more :D

edit: i was referring to women endorsing an automotive accessory by the way in case anyone misunderstood

well u misunderstood the thread...it was meant to state how sex sells the media itself (in this case magazines) and not an automotiv accessory as u state...

yeah, and that bonus is where magazines find their edge.

But there is also the concept of association, in relation to the car adds. Ppl associate the car with something attractive and desirable. Look, even if it was a Mercedes S class, if it looked ugly and the adverts featured it being in a garbage pile with pigs, then subconsiously u don't want it.

It works on me. One of the reasons I picked my Canon over the Sony H1 was because Maria Sharapova is endorsing the Powershot range. And I have a definite weakness for her :D . Of course, it also helped that I like Canon. madmax is still after the Sony, so Maria Magic don't work on him.

well u misunderstood the thread...it was meant to state how sex sells the media itself (in this case magazines) and not an automotiv accessory as u state...

forgive my ignorance chap.i realised my mistake when i read duncan's post again.

yeah, and that bonus is where magazines find their edge.

But there is also the concept of association, in relation to the car adds. Ppl associate the car with something attractive and desirable. Look, even if it was a Mercedes S class, if it looked ugly and the adverts featured it being in a garbage pile with pigs, then subconsiously u don't want it.

It works on me. One of the reasons I picked my Canon over the Sony H1 was because Maria Sharapova is endorsing the Powershot range. And I have a definite weakness for her :D . Of course, it also helped that I like Canon. madmax is still after the Sony, so Maria Magic don't work on him.

haha we all are members of celebrity fanclubs so it's only normal to fancy an item just because of its brand ambassador.but then you have the occasional ambassador who doesn't appeal yet the product he/she endorses does.the yamaha R1 for example.hint hint :D

Diversification. Strategies for survival in todays marketplace :P

Sex does sell..and one of da most commenly used strategies for market promotions..but sum tends to over do it resulting in damaging da brand image sumtimes.

Hey Praveen pls gv me ur e mail ad..i hv sum nice pics of Anarkali's. :D

Sex does sell..and one of da most commenly used strategies for market promotions..but sum tends to over do it resulting in damaging da brand image sumtimes.

Hey Praveen pls gv me ur e mail ad..i hv sum nice pics of Anarkali's. :D

My email at the bottom of every post ;) exlusive autolanka address :D

Man I am getting a kick outta that :P