• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

After An Engine Tune Up

I recently (one week back) got an engine tune up done by a very famous person. He was able to solve most of the issues I had (earlier there was a noticeable difference in acceleration when I switch off the AC, now not there anymore) car is accelerating well and happy with performance. But today I went Galle and came back (Colombo) with full tank, I noticed that my car had consumed more fuel than before. (Quarter of a tank has vanished). I checked with the tune up guy and he told me that I must have accelerated more (high speed). Any comments guys? As an amateur I highly appreciate ur comments. :unsure:

you need to define 'more' better.. This should not be a problem you've probably just driven the car harder at higher revs as its now more nippier. Average Km/lt will vary depending on different conditions, therefore maybe you should continue to observe your figures over a longer period.

my average rpm was 2000. sometimes from first to second and to third went up to 3000 rpm during the trip. because i noticed that my fuel meeter had fallen down than it should be. I know that it's not the way to know whether its doing well or not. I'll be able to get more accurate figures on next wesak holidays.

Have you done a ECU reset along with the tune-up? I had the same problem. The guy who tuned my car had done a manual ECU reset and asked me to keep the engine start for 10-15 min before running, to get in to the normal heat and let the ECU set its default data.

I did what he asked, but we felt that it was nothing to deal with Injectors, coils, sensors etc...in my case, so did a total ECU reset again using the Consult II scanner (mine is a Nissan ExSaloon). after that, everything start working smoothly. now I go 400KM per 40ltrs in city limits. (it is a 2001 FB15 manual ExSaloon)

so based on my experience, you better do a ECU scan and see for errors, or do a total reset. it worked for me.

Edited by Rastima

I think this is a standard issue of performance coming at a price.

Its possible your engine was in a retard state prior to the tune up, which probably meant it consumed less fuel and produced less power.

Its possible the tune up person has found a nice balance or has slightly advanced the engine at the cost of fuel efficiency to make the whole car more "nippy"

As others have posted your seem to be getting excellent fuel efficiency from your car from what you have posted !

You went to Galle and back on a quarter tank of juice? What are you complaining about? I'd probably finish more than 3/4 of a 50l tank going to Galle and back.

well... he can be in a Maruti & you in a Montero.... :rolleyes:

My car is a FORD Laser, 2001, manual, 1.5L

Assuming u'd have done a round of 230-240km, that'll come to about 18-19/l ..... that's the best I've heard for a laser.... though must admit I'm not an expert on the subject....

If the pickup is great & mileage fantastic.... well.... don't sell that car for the next five years... :D

Assuming u'd have done a round of 230-240km, that'll come to about 18-19/l ..... that's the best I've heard for a laser.... though must admit I'm not an expert on the subject....

If the pickup is great & mileage fantastic.... well.... don't sell that car for the next five years... :D

hell my sprinter doesn't do this good :) last time around i went to galle with a bunch of friends i burnt half a tank of gas...

but then again my average RPM's were lot more higher than thunderbolt's thanks to this yellow 19- ferrari we were trying to keep up with :lol:

not to jack this thread but doyou know who the new owner of the 19- yellow ferrari is?

The kit car you mean?

no clue - haven't seen it in ages

:unsure:

last time was a few years back when it was parked near a house down the lane which leads onto Layards Rd from Duplication Rd (Near P&A ~ Hindu College)

any idea what the running gear on that car is from??

The kit car you mean?

no clue - haven't seen it in ages

:unsure:

last time was a few years back when it was parked near a house down the lane which leads onto Layards Rd from Duplication Rd (Near P&A ~ Hindu College)

any idea what the running gear on that car is from??

shiites so it wasn't an original :action-smiley-060:

I kept up with the fella for sometime thanks to some traffic but he managed to hammer off in nice windy roads i had lotsa trouble maintaining speed in...having 5 folks in the car didn't help either...

but that car looked to be in good nick

• 1 month later...
not to jack this thread but doyou know who the new owner of the 19- yellow ferrari is?

out of all the places for that thing to resurface from...

:lol:

just a few hours back i was staring at the idiot box when lo & behold the Yellow Ferrari Kit car is seen being driven by some woman in an Advertisment for Harischandra Soap! :blink: