• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vic Of A Vehical When Transfer

Kasuncp

I Have misplace my VIC, But the Original Book of the car is their. can i transfer the vehicle to anyone without the VIC or how im going to Transfer it. By Buyer want the VIC. He is telling without it He cant Transfer. What can i do? Please help Me.

Regards,

Kasun

I Have misplace my VIC, But the Original Book of the car is their. can i transfer the vehicle to anyone without the VIC or how im going to Transfer it. By Buyer want the VIC. He is telling without it He cant Transfer. What can i do? Please help Me.

Regards,

Kasun

you can call GIC on 1919 and ask them of the procedure... they are the government information center and are shockingly good at what they do...

or else you can go to RMV and pick up a set of transfer forms and see for yourself the requirements...

when i bought my car and did the transfer all i needed was the registration "book" and nothing else...

not too sure whether it's different for newer vehicles...

Thanks, Is it a English No Car? The way my buyer said, he need the VIC to transfer the vehicle. Without this i cant sell the vehicle (As he say). Any idea?

Regards,

Kasun

As far as I know you need original VIC of english number registered cars. If you have misplaced the VIC lodge a complaint at your local Police Station and keep the entry with you. When you go to transfer the car you need to give it along with the rest of the docs and they will process with that.

if you are having original book you can transfer your vehical all you need is orininal book and MT6 form set,to get MT6 fourm set no need to go to RMB just go to AG office near you,you can colecte it from there anyhow better way is you just do as i do, but i kasun i dont know that you like it or not, normally When i need to get some RMB service im going to agents(officeal RMB agents who are working at RMB not crows in out side) and handover all documents to them,they are doing it for me ,they charge little but i think its ok as no westting time no delay

so if you need just give me your email ill give their contact number :rolleyes:

Hi Bro,

Yes you must have the VIC to transfer the car, if it is english number. If you have lost it, go and lodge a complaint in the police station, get the entry copy, go to the RMV, they have a set of papers, fill it & handover with the entry copy. You will be given a new VIC. It not a difficult procedure.

Yep! It's a must to have the VIC to transfer a vehicle with english numbers. I faced with the same issue, but I was the buyer and not the seller. Unfortunately, I didn't know that, the VIC is necessary for the transfer and I bought the vehicle without the VIC (my first vehicle and hence didn't know much of these sort of stuff). :action-smiley-060:

However, I talked back to the seller of my vehicle (who is a retired teacher) and he was so kind (luckily) and took the necessary actions to provide me a new VIC within a 1 month of time. :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by sudheeras

Hi guys,

Sorry if I'm going bit out of the Topic but i think it's better to ask it here rather than starting a new thread.

just want to know what is the procedure of getting a Revenue Licence for a brand new vehicle?(meant imported brand new & just registerd), Do I have to go to the Maligawattha place for this? :blink: if so who to contact ?

Rgds,

DCL

Hi guys,

Sorry if I'm going bit out of the Topic but i think it's better to ask it here rather than starting a new thread.

just want to know what is the procedure of getting a Revenue Licence for a brand new vehicle?(meant imported brand new & just registerd), Do I have to go to the Maligawattha place for this? :blink: if so who to contact ?

Rgds,

DCL

yep. you need to go to maligawaththa. it's straightforward, just go to a counter, if i remember correctly all you need is the regsitration book and VIC and some money. 5 minute job.

yep. you need to go to maligawaththa. it's straightforward, just go to a counter, if i remember correctly all you need is the regsitration book and VIC and some money. 5 minute job.

You also need insurance. The revenue license used to be a pain before but nowadays it very easy and cool. You don't even need to fill the form. Go to the counter straightaway and the job done in 5 mins. Don't go the 'brokers', not worth it.

You also need insurance. The revenue license used to be a pain before but nowadays it very easy and cool. You don't even need to fill the form. Go to the counter straightaway and the job done in 5 mins. Don't go the 'brokers', not worth it.

ah yes, you need insurance, forgot that....actually i got mine with the freaking covering letter given by the insurance company, hadn't even paid....

You need the registration book?? what about for leased vehicles?

You need the registration book?? what about for leased vehicles?

A copy of the log book will do.

I went to the place today to get the revenue license for my car and the bike. I couldn't believe they even offer drive thru service now called 'on the wheel'. I didn't even get out of the car, got the licenses done in 2 mins. They charge 10 bugs for 'on the wheel' service. It cost me Rs2200 for FB15 and Rs300 for the bike. I remember how everyone used to hate this place couple of years back. It was really a pain getting revenue license those days.

Edited by Bharath