• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Mini With Led Rear Light Clusters

GMI

Today I did a small project to see how cool my MINI with rear LED light clusters, as I already have dragon eye like parking lamps in front. I used 320 high bright LEDs for both the clusters. When braking all the 320 LEDs should light up (not wired though). Seems like MINI light clusters are good for LED projects – hoping to continue the project to fill up the entire light cluster and to control the lighting with a micro controller.

-GMI

Today I did a small project to see how cool my MINI with rear LED light clusters, as I already have dragon eye like parking lamps in front. I used 320 high bright LEDs for both the clusters. When braking all the 320 LEDs should light up (not wired though). Seems like MINI light clusters are good for LED projects – hoping to continue the project to fill up the entire light cluster and to control the lighting with a micro controller.

-GMI

No doubt bro. Your new LED concept looks good for the mini :jumping-smiley-013: (Its way better than the stock bulbs). But in my opinion (Just a suggestion machan), whether this modification destroys the standard original condition of your mini or doesn't destroy, is questionable. :unsure: Anyway its upto you to decide bro. Its your ride!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

-GMI

GIM Where do u buy all the stuff? Pettah?

Nice work machan.........

luk v nice :rolleyes: keep it up

proud to be a MINI owner rite?

like to c some more snap's of u r mini,

cheers,

JC

Thanks guys.

Sha7: I bought the LEDs from Maharagama - these high bright LEDs are available in any electronic shop.

Miniace: Machan simultaneous flashing is easier than this - I thought running + 2 level flashing would be nice for the car as it gives kind of strobe lighting effect.

Machan I fixed black reflector projection beams for headlights with neon strobe lights in them - will post a video during the weekend. I used Xenons for low beam and Halogens for high beam.

- GMI