• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb13 Alternator

sira

Hi all

Don't try to repair your alternator(fb 13 pertrol) if it fails.my alternator broken and the technician try to repair and cost me 1500/=. finally he said cannot repair and fix a new one wich is cost me 6K.

this hapens me 2 times .my advice is if your alternator fails just fixed a new one. don't go for repair

sira

Edited by sira

Hi all

Don't try to repair your alternator(fb 13 pertrol) if it fails.my alternator broken and the technician try to repair and cost me 1500/=. finally he said cannot repair and fix a new one wich is cost me 6K.

this hapens me 2 times .my advice is if your alternator fails just fixed a new one. don't go for repair

sira

well in general...alternators are rather easy piece of equipment to fix if it was burnt out... But if the initial re-coil job wasn't done properly the second guy also will use similar length and gauge of coil to rewind making the 2nd attempt also rather futile...

If the alternator had other issue with brsuhes, armatures or what not it might be a different scene...

But usually they are pretty easy to fix if it's only a re-coil job :)

Hi all

sira

You have paid more for the alternator. You could buy second hand alternator for 3000/= maximum from delkanda

Hi all

sira

You have paid more for the alternator. You could buy second hand alternator for 3000/= maximum from delkanda

well in general...alternators are rather easy piece of equipment to fix if it was burnt out... But if the initial re-coil job wasn't done properly the second guy also will use similar length and gauge of coil to rewind making the 2nd attempt also rather futile...

If the alternator had other issue with brsuhes, armatures or what not it might be a different scene...

But usually they are pretty easy to fix if it's only a re-coil job :)

If the problem with a coil then re-winding is the solution.but mean time the diodes can be burnt off and the regulator IC too.the guys who repairs the Altanators first teh replaced the Diodes. but the ampirage will be different than the earlier diodes and total effort will be unsucesfull.

the diode plates cannot be found here.

from where ? i tried all delkanda,nugegoda. couldent find FB13 model. if you have a place then please let me know. i'm really appriciate your help

I might be wrong here and i'm actually not familiar with the exact model...but normally "diodes" are part of the built in rectifier and all they do is make AC current generated by the alternator coils into DC current... this should be a fairly simple thing to do. all it takes is 4 diodes wire correctly and mos of the times this unit comes as one piece with in-built 4 diodes...

Regulator built into the system is slightly more complicated but all that does is also discharge additional current onto the body and generate heat as a result and maintain the voltage within a range...

Experts do correct me if i'm wrong here :)

So since we have fellas fixing ECU's these days... it's a little strange that folks can't fix a much more simpler alternator...

Quite strange but since you've explored that root and failed maybe our fellas find it much easier to replace the thing than attempt to fix it

from where ? i tried all delkanda,nugegoda. couldent find FB13 model. if you have a place then please let me know. i'm really appriciate your help

u have GA15 engine right?. ok i will find and let u know place and price.

u have GA15 engine right?. ok i will find and let u know place and price.

ok. u go to Vikasitha Enterprice No334 A Highlevel Rd, Pannipitiya. 0112838875 they have B13 stuf also, US autoparts Hil Street dehiwala 2734952, Autobase Mirihana Nugegoda. 2769573

they will tel u price 4000-5000 but u ask it to 3000-3750 you can buy within 3250-3750

good luck.

Nissan items are fast moving, because Nissan giving lot of problems. So difficult to find everywhere.

Also u on the way to pannipitiya u try small shops near wijerama also.

Edited by Nilantha

ok. u go to Vikasitha Enterprice No334 A Highlevel Rd, Pannipitiya. 0112838875 they have B13 stuf also, US autoparts Hil Street dehiwala 2734952, Autobase Mirihana Nugegoda. 2769573

they will tel u price 4000-5000 but u ask it to 3000-3750 you can buy within 3250-3750

good luck.

Nissan items are fast moving, because Nissan giving lot of problems. So difficult to find everywhere.

many thanks Nilantha.

I might be wrong here and i'm actually not familiar with the exact model...but normally "diodes" are part of the built in rectifier and all they do is make AC current generated by the alternator coils into DC current... this should be a fairly simple thing to do. all it takes is 4 diodes wire correctly and mos of the times this unit comes as one piece with in-built 4 diodes...

Regulator built into the system is slightly more complicated but all that does is also discharge additional current onto the body and generate heat as a result and maintain the voltage within a range...

Experts do correct me if i'm wrong here :)

So since we have fellas fixing ECU's these days... it's a little strange that folks can't fix a much more simpler alternator...

Quite strange but since you've explored that root and failed maybe our fellas find it much easier to replace the thing than attempt to fix it

that is bit a different rectifiration method. it got 3 phase sin wave technology. also it has 6 diodes and charging controll IC with Smoothing condensor.Peoples programe ECU and other electronic unit. but altenator Diodes are different than other diods.

good luck.

many thanks nilantha

i managed to get altenator for a 3500 from vikasitha. that guy is very helpfull and gave me good price. also they recomended if you can you can fix FB 15 altenator .

thanks nilantha. just let me know who is the best person of angine tune up and other mechnical issue for nissan