• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Buy For 1.3m

Jayathu

Hai all,

I am looking to buy my first car and thanks to all who replied to my earlier thread. With the recent hikes in fuel my scenario has changed a bit.

I am looking for a car around 1.3M and there are two main parameters that I look for.

1) Good fuel economy - Have to drive about 1400kms per month according my calculations

2) Good value retention - I dont plan to use this car for more than two years and I expect the car to hold its value

I was considering Primera P11 and B14 but dropped the idea of buying a Primera due to the fuel hike and the expected low fuel efficiency. I would like my car to do at least 10kms/L in Colombo and transmission is not an issue. ( I prefer auto though, due to the driving conditions in heavy traffic ). If the car fits my requirements I am ready to increase my budget to 1.4M. What do you think about the B14, or is there any other car that fits my bill. Less repairs and more driving is another need.

Also I dont like Indian or Chinese cars and hate driving any vehicle that is less than 1000CC.

I would really appreciate all your expertise as this is my first car and I plan to buy it at the end of this month.

Thanks in advance..

PS:- Sorry about laying down so many specifications...

Hai all,

I am looking to buy my first car and thanks to all who replied to my earlier thread. With the recent hikes in fuel my scenario has changed a bit.

I am looking for a car around 1.3M and there are two main parameters that I look for.

1) Good fuel economy - Have to drive about 1400kms per month according my calculations

2) Good value retention - I dont plan to use this car for more than two years and I expect the car to hold its value

I was considering Primera P11 and B14 but dropped the idea of buying a Primera due to the fuel hike and the expected low fuel efficiency. I would like my car to do at least 10kms/L in Colombo and transmission is not an issue. ( I prefer auto though, due to the driving conditions in heavy traffic ). If the car fits my requirements I am ready to increase my budget to 1.4M. What do you think about the B14, or is there any other car that fits my bill. Less repairs and more driving is another need.

Also I dont like Indian or Chinese cars and hate driving any vehicle that is less than 1000CC.

I would really appreciate all your expertise as this is my first car and I plan to buy it at the end of this month.

Thanks in advance..

PS:- Sorry about laying down so many specifications...

EP 82 and EP91 manual are superb economy also you could go for MAZDA 1997-98 models which come with FO and manual transmission. There are many cars milage below 100,000km driven. I had an 1.3auto-3gears(even this did 9-10kmpl).So the manuals generally did more than 10kmpl.

Thanks for the replies guys...

The starlet seems a good choice but I am not all that into hatch backs.. that would be a second option..

Also I heard that MAzdas dont have much of a value retention capability.... So I am really interested in either a Nissan or a Toyota. Hope you would keep your ideas coming..

Thanks again

Thanks for the replies guys...

The starlet seems a good choice but I am not all that into hatch backs.. that would be a second option..

Also I heard that MAzdas dont have much of a value retention capability.... So I am really interested in either a Nissan or a Toyota. Hope you would keep your ideas coming..

Thanks again

how about an FB15 or an AE110. One of my office mates just sold his FB15 V*P model for 15.5 or summin..

you might be able to hunt down something like that for less...

how about an FB15 or an AE110. One of my office mates just sold his FB15 V*P model for 15.5 or summin..

you might be able to hunt down something like that for less...

Yeah...both of them are excellent cars. But it would need some hunting to find one for less than 1.5M and in good condition. It is worth the try though..

In what ways are the FB15 or the AE110 better than the B14...? I mean fuel consumption or the driving experience.. Heard that the FB15 is not that great when it comes to fuel consumption..

Just saw a 1997 Lancer CK2 MX auto, for sale in auto lanka..any idea about the fuel consumption of that..

Cheers...

Yeah...both of them are excellent cars. But it would need some hunting to find one for less than 1.5M and in good condition. It is worth the try though..

In what ways are the FB15 or the AE110 better than the B14...? I mean fuel consumption or the driving experience.. Heard that the FB15 is not that great when it comes to fuel consumption..

Just saw a 1997 Lancer CK2 MX auto, for sale in auto lanka..any idea about the fuel consumption of that..

Cheers...

If its a tiptronic then it sucks on petrol. My friends MX does'nt do even 8kmpl!!!!!!!!!!! :action-smiley-060: A manual would be a good choice nowadays.