• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gps Navigation System

thusithasam

http://www.dailynews.lk/2008/05/02/bus02.asp

zpidialoglu7.jpg

zpidialoglu7.b583d1c15e.jpg

Dialog Telekom PLC in partnership with IWS Geographical Information Systems (Private) Limited (IWS GIS) launched the country's first ever Mobile Navigation System. Dialog SatNav a fully featured GPS based mobile navigation system incorporates a digital street directory of Colombo which includes Class A, B, C and D roads in the Colombo Municipal Council area and suburbs.

Dialog SatNav also covers Class A and B roads across Sri Lanka. The Dialog SatNav device enables users to navigate Sri Lanka's road network using satellite positioning.

Sri Lanka’s first ever voice prompted navigational tool is an exciting venture

especially for the Geographical Information Systems

The digital maps which form the heart of the navigation system support a range of advanced features such as the identification of "places of interest" and "optimum routes".

Dialog SatNav supports an advanced user interface complete with audio and visual prompts which serve to guide the user to a predefined destination. Dialog SatNav also enables customers to view maps in 2D (Dimension) or 3D (Dimension) format and to pre-configure frequently used routes.

"We are proud to partner IWS GIS in bringing Dialog SatNav to Sri Lankan consumers", said Group Chief Executive Officer of Dialog Telekom PLC Dr. Hans Wijayasuriya said.

"We are committed to connecting Sri Lankan consumers to the very latest in mobile technology. Dialog SatNav brings together the power of Satellite Global Positioning (GPS) technology and digital mapping by IWS GIS to empower users with a premium navigation experience".

Chief Executive Officer of IWS GIS Annika Senanayake said, "this initial launch of Sri Lanka's first ever voice prompted navigational tool is an exciting venture especially for the Geographical Information Systems Industry, and is quite literally putting Sri Lanka on the Global Map.

The continued development of our databases strives to provide even more comprehensive and value added information for the consumer."

Dialog SatNav Street Navigator is available at Dialog Future Centre, Future World, Modern Arcade, Anuradhapura, Kandy, Galle, Kurunegala and the World Trade Centre.

Hi friends,

Can we use GPS Navigation system in Sri Lanka for Find the roads ???????????????

i doubt you can use the facotry fitted or Japanese Sat Nav systems found on most vehicles for this purpose

but there is the option of getting this new device

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=4875

sorry should have put this up before...

:lol: now theres an excuse to be seen driving up in the wrong direction on a one way street!

imagine explaining that to the cops?! :D

"aney raalahaami, mage sithiyame hatiyata nang paara hari! habai mamath baluwa ai anith aya okkoma wrong side elawanne kiyala"

:lol: now theres an excuse to be seen driving up in the wrong direction on a one way street!

imagine explaining that to the cops?! :D

aah now it's clear then :)

when i was on my way home after work last night saw a black toyota yaris or summin getting a ticket for coming on the wrong track just passing trans asia :)

not too sure , but i thought i saw someone mentioning a Rs. 110,000 figure in the other thread... :unsure:

isn't the price tag tad too high for the average individual?

anyway how do you actually enter the details of the destination since there's no post or zip code concept in SL? i remember many moons ago they did allocate a unique id number to every major post office which is quite similar to the above mentioned concept

isn't the price tag tad too high for the average individual?

I've seen on a Dialog advert saying it's Rs120,000. You know machan, when something new is being launched for the first time it will always be expensive. I hope the price will come down a lot after soemtime.

I've seen on a Dialog advert saying it's Rs120,000. You know machan, when something new is being launched for the first time it will always be expensive. I hope the price will come down a lot after soemtime.

theres some typical Market Skimming and Premium Pricing for ya :)