• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top 20 Movie Car Chase Scenes?

gunat

I have to agree with the list. It is widely acclaimed that Bullitt is THE greatest car-chase movie of all time, and I have to agree. Just the thought of Steve McQueen in the old fastback Mustang catching air over the hilly streets of San Francisco gives me the chills. Its definitely better than Ronin.

I have an original C'etait un Rendezvous DVD if anybody wants to borrow it. There is a major mystery behind this 9-minute video but legend has it that a prominent F1 driver of the era (this must have been the late '70s) drove the Ferrari road-car in the video flat-out through early-morning Paris. It is still absolutely amazing to watch because every second of it is real. Modern movie analysts have studied it and have confirmed it as being the real deal.

I have to agree with the list. It is widely acclaimed that Bullitt is THE greatest car-chase movie of all time, and I have to agree. Just the thought of Steve McQueen in the old fastback Mustang catching air over the hilly streets of San Francisco gives me the chills. Its definitely better than Ronin.

I have an original C'etait un Rendezvous DVD if anybody wants to borrow it. There is a major mystery behind this 9-minute video but legend has it that a prominent F1 driver of the era (this must have been the late '70s) drove the Ferrari road-car in the video flat-out through early-morning Paris. It is still absolutely amazing to watch because every second of it is real. Modern movie analysts have studied it and have confirmed it as being the real deal.

I guess i must watch that movie again....

I've got rendevous on my PC too...and there's always been a lot of discussion on this clip...mainly because its a one angle, single shot, single run video....how it could have been done without breaking several laws...

Imagery is amzing and you can hear the beautiful sounds the ferrari engine makes through the streets of paris...

On the following website http://www.rendezvousdvd.com/

"C'était un Rendezvous - The Legend

You'd be hard-pressed to find a film as steeped in myth as "C'était un Rendezvous". Filmed in 1976 by seminal French director Claude Lelouch it is regarded as the ultimate in cinema verité.

For many years it has been enjoyed as an almost Masonic secret among car enthusiasts. Whisper the words "Have you seen Rendezvous?" and you'll receive either a knowing, "No, but I've heard it's unbelievable" or a smug, "It is un-be-lieve-able".

Lack of distribution has only fuelled the myths surrounding the film.

Was Lelouch really arrested when it was first shown?

Who drove the car? Was it Lelouch or a hired Formula One driver?

What was the car? Was it really a Ferrari 275 GTB?

How did he do it?

A composite version of the rumours/myths (garnered verbally and from the web) would read something like this ;

Lelouch had made enough money from his classic "Un Homme et une Femme" to buy himself a Ferrari, which he proceeded to drive with "enthusiasm" in his native Paris.

Whilst shooting another film, a new bit of equipment was being used - a gyro stabilised camera mount. Lelouch then came up with the idea for "C'était un Rendezvous". The camera used only had a ten minute film magazine - hence the mad dash to the steps of the Basilique du Sacre Couér in Montmatre.

On first showing, Lelouch was supposedly arrested. In his defence, he proclaimed he had taken all possible precautions. This included convincing a Formula One driver to helm the car (he refused to name him).

Subsequently the film went underground - occasionally shown in front of a Lelouch full-length feature on theatrical release. Outside of this, only poor quality pirate copies on VHS or a badly worn print were available. These would be played at car club meetings and slowly the film attained its mythical status with the arrival of the internet helping to spread the word.

What we do know is that there are no special effects or speeding up the film - Lelouch simply mounted the camera on the front of the car and shot it.

This is what separates "C'était un Rendezvous" from all other films - it's "verité".

Today, the audience walks into a movie, safe in the knowledge of computer-generated special effects or a production where there's enough money to block off streets and control the traffic. Lelouch had none of this.

Richard Symons, a documentary film maker, with more than a passing interest in fast cars came to hear of it and managed to acquire a very poor 2nd generation VHS copy. He wasn't disappointed....

"I'd never seen anything like it, 9 minutes of adrenalin that simply leaves your jaw on the floor. To cut a long story short, we got in touch with the director, dusted down the 35mm negative, restored and re-mastered it for re-release - we've brought out all the details and colours and it looks stunning."

"C'était un Rendezvous" has come to represent something more than an adrenalin rush. It uniquely captures a time and a spirit that seems a long way away from today. Lelouchs' brilliant ending only adds to this - making a beautiful sense out of the preceding nine minutes."

machan i'd like to borrow this if its no trouble.. please tell me how i can collect this

thanks!

:(