• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Passat B5.5

protege

for the last 6-7 weeks ive been trying to find a vw passat the later facelift version(late 2000) n i couldnt find any except for the one which came on here (the blue one).. well it got me thinking how the owners of these cars are different to all the others in the same category.. as in i saw ads of merc E class and 5series from the time they were launched, even alot of audi's.. but there werent much of the passat's even after such a long time.. either there is only handfull of cars which cant be true cos ive seen alot.. or my other theory is ppl who bought passat were actually buying the car planning on keeping it for a long time than try to make it business like buying a bmw or a merc... what does everyone think.. i might be wrong.. plz comment .. overall im guessing the cars are pretty reliable and worth running cos nobody is selling .. they look gorgeous and i think running one of them is pretty unique compared to alot of vehicles..

http://www.passatworld.com/month/2005_06/index.shtml

hmmm they aren't that rare...

you do occassionally see them coming up on the market , but your right in saying that they weren't bought was investments - in the way Merc's & Toyota's are! :D

...i noticed the silver V6 4Motion (not sure if its just a badge job.. :unsure:) on a G_ plate at a sale in Mount, but that was just for a few days & i've seen it in n around town since...

there's another at a sale in colombo -Blue unreg - i'd be crossing the line if i were to say where..

Generally solid and the fit and finish is quite good

haven't heard of any major issues...but being european they're bound to have the odd niggle.. suspension wear was high on the odd car,but quite possibly an isloated case..

the 1.8T is

keep an eye out for notices of vehicles being sold by companies and leasing co. repo auctions... i recall seeing a Passat being up for tender at a tea co. i belive :unsure: this was quite sometime back though...