• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engin Oil Light Blinking Time 2 Time

Danasa

Question

hi guys,

i know you all can help me on this.

on my car the oil light blinks time to time when i do a run for a about 2-3 hours but the confustion is the oil level inn the engine is perfect and der is no signe of leak form any wear,

this is a Starlet GT Turbo and i have resently done the oil change and coz my intercooler oil tube was split and i have replace with the greddy intercooler oil tube from greddy as the buyer told me to the motor. i also done the Greddy clutch and 3 piece clutch cover change and the gear box oil change.

:excl: i cant understand is it the clutch oil or engine oil problem :action-smiley-060: as i cant check the gear oil level OR else problem on the engine

so please guys help needed on this

Thankz

6 answers to this question

The problem might be with your oil pressure sensor. Check and replace if necessary.

thanks for info but wear can i buy oil pressure sensor as i have to order things from japan coz der is non to buy (i meen parts in SL) not even in Toyota Lanka

and how can i find out if ts sensor gone bad

thnk

yes...first check the basics like the sensor itself or a lose wire connecting the sensor could give such intermittent issues. If it is the case when the engine is hot, then your in trouble as it could be that you're losing oil pressure.

thanks for info but wear can i buy oil pressure sensor as i have to order things from japan coz der is non to buy (i meen parts in SL) not even in Toyota Lanka

and how can i find out if ts sensor gone bad

thnk

Danasa, the sensor should not be as difficult to find as you say it is, as it should be standard across many Toyota models. Take the car to a competent technician and they will help you sort this problem out.

yes...first check the basics like the sensor itself or a lose wire connecting the sensor could give such intermittent issues. If it is the case when the engine is hot, then your in trouble as it could be that you're losing oil pressure.

i have bought the sensor and gona replace it 2marrow and yea it seemes to glow the oil light after running the car for a while and also when the motor in idel as soon as the gas is or throtel given the oil light goes off

so im gona replace the sensor in the morning and see what happends i have talen out the clutch and clutch cover as i need to fix the current problem aslo

so in case it the oil pressure what is the solution for it

u can drop me a mail on my mail if possible that will be help full and ur help on this

thankz

i have bought the sensor and gona replace it 2marrow and yea it seemes to glow the oil light after running the car for a while and also when the motor in idel as soon as the gas is or throtel given the oil light goes off

so im gona replace the sensor in the morning and see what happends i have talen out the clutch and clutch cover as i need to fix the current problem aslo

so in case it the oil pressure what is the solution for it

u can drop me a mail on my mail if possible that will be help full and ur help on this

thankz

If you are actually losing oil pressure I guess the most obvious reasons for it might be,

1. Blockages in the oil lines like sludge

2. Oil leak or your car is burning oil (look out for blue smoke)

3. Problems with the oil pump

4. Head gasket failure (check for oil in water or water in oil)

But most of the time its the sensor

Good luck !