• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Most Expensive Car In Sri Lanka?

Stingray

Hi guys.. just wanted to know this out of curiousity( and out of utter boredom in office today!!)

What the most expensive car in Sri Lanka irrespective of year of manufacture? what come to the top of the mind is the new S class(must be around 50M now?) apart from this any highly valued classics?

Hope to have some responses!

As i know the Aston was the most expensive with a 92million price tag..

the Black S class was i think 50 million (though if you bring down the same vehicle again it might probably be much more)

The Merc Limos were local conversions as i know, so i doubt it that they are that much more expensive than the non-limo models.

The above are all privately owned vehicles...

I'm guessing the newly ordered B.proof S-classes would probably be the most expensive value wise...

hmmm..interesting..thanks guys

Ya i guess the civilian S class nowadays is worth a superluxury house. Apart from the modern ones any valuable classics?

ferrari f50, as dilesh said the white stretch limo was a local conversion( i think it was done by a guy in negombo if my memory is correct).

The bulletproof vehicles slipped my mind, probably the most costliest in SL.

guess ferarri's r the most expencive in SL .. cos i guess no one still had the privilege to bring down a Roles Royce or a maybach to SL and surely after modifing bullet proof cars are way much more expencive than it's original value .. i guess we r talking about the original market price right :unsure:

Apart from the modern ones any valuable classics?

quite a few...

off the top of my head the SS 100 owned my Mr. Clive De Silva

hmmm that Lotus Esprit JPS must have accumulated some value given that its a special edition...

a there are a few vintage cars that would fetch a good price

about classics, i think we have the world's oldest lorry or bus in here, correct me if im wrong ...

but i dont think anyone can price those. even if its historic value would be says a couple of million, i doubt it anyone would be prepared to pay such a price for one.

quite a few...

off the top of my head the SS 100 owned my Mr. Clive De Silva

hmmm that Lotus Esprit JPS must have accumulated some value given that its a special edition...

a there are a few vintage cars that would fetch a good price

pardon my ignorance dev, whats a SS100?

but like i said do you think someone in SL would actually pay the extra premium for a classic's historic value rather than buy a newer flashier vehicle?

There are few Rolls Royce cars here in SL but not the latest ones though. There is a diesel converted one in Negombo :)

Think the Aston Martin is the most expensive car in SL at the moment.

I checked a Cadilac which was on sale few weeks ago, supposed to be previously owned by one of our x-presidents.

There are few Rolls Royce cars here in SL but not the latest ones though. There is a diesel converted one in Negombo :)

I checked a Cadilac which was on sale few weeks ago, supposed to be previously owned by one of our x-presidents.

which?? there aren't that many are there?? :huh:

The white convertible Caddi EY6000 was owned by the Bandaranayake's back in the day if i recall correctly...

someone put a diesel lump in a Roller?????? :o

who the hell woud do such a thing??!!! :blink:

pardon my ignorance dev, whats a SS100?

but like i said do you think someone in SL would actually pay the extra premium for a classic's historic value rather than buy a newer flashier vehicle?

....never underestimate our local collectors... :)

http://images5.fotopic.net/?iid=yjrt5h&amp...&quality=80

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_SS100

which?? there aren't that many are there?? :huh:

The white convertible Caddi EY6000 was owned by the Bandaranayake's back in the day if i recall correctly...

The black 80s/90s limo used by President Premadasa?

Not sure about the number but there's a white Caddi converti in the Classic car club I think it s EY.

Have seen a few old Rolls Royces around colombo(not sure of the model and make but beleive 70's or 80's model) the gangaramaya podi hamaduru has one!, plus i guess that politican,businessman samson silva too ownes one, saw a dark green one two weeks ago, well kept and the badge said"silver spirit" if i am not mistaken.

guess ferarri's r the most expencive in SL .. cos i guess no one still had the privilege to bring down a Roles Royce or a maybach to SL and surely after modifing bullet proof cars are way much more expencive than it's original value .. i guess we r talking about the original market price right :unsure:

If I'm not mistaken, there were two RR owned by a proffesor attached to Kalubowala hospital.:unsure:

There are a few pre-war Rollers around too.

Yep, count the one owned by Mr Rajinda De Silva.The car never shown to public since late 80s.Presently under very tight security and in ideal storage conditions.

MINIACE

Yep, count the one owned by Mr Rajinda De Silva.The car never shown to public since late 80s.Presently under very tight security and in ideal storage conditions.

MINIACE

Is that the one down Cambridge place?

MINIACE

Is that the one down Cambridge place?