• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Emission Restrictions

sanjeev

mine falls due in June :lol:

they've been saying this for sometime now - seeing is believing

search the forums - and check the dates of the threads - you'll realize that we've worried our heads and debated over this many time over when ever we've been reminded by the media :mellow:

mine falls due in June :lol:

they've been saying this for sometime now - seeing is believing

search the forums - and check the dates of the threads - you'll realize that we've worried our heads and debated over this many time over when ever we've been reminded by the media :mellow:

have you taken your cat out?

Environment Minister Champika Ranawaka said that revenue licence would not be issued to vehicles which do not comply with the environmental standards on vehicle emissions, with effect from July 15. :unsure:

Daily mirror.

HOPEFULLY I AM SURE THE Environmental Standards Certificate can be brought for MONEY in Sri Lanka.

it better not be a problem.. i dont have the CAT or anything else running. underneath. :P

but either way i have renewed my license thank god.

Wuts the car machan ? cus if its a WRX or STI (1992 - 1998 Modle) i have an Extrat Cat with the downpipe

Just as an FYI folks- having a cat does not guarantee you'll pass the emissions test...as its based on CO2 emissions. The older the car, the less likely its got a clean system. Cats also deteriorate and lose effectiveness over time.

Add the fact that our petrol is full of impurities, and i doubt we'll actually have many cars passing.

I suppose the litmus test will be when the first set of vehicles go for inspection next month.

Just as an FYI folks- having a cat does not guarantee you'll pass the emissions test...as its based on CO2 emissions. The older the car, the less likely its got a clean system. Cats also deteriorate and lose effectiveness over time.

Add the fact that our petrol is full of impurities, and i doubt we'll actually have many cars passing.

I suppose the litmus test will be when the first set of vehicles go for inspection next month.

...yeah we'll just have to wait n see...

and besides , if only the worst 5% or there about are said to be likely to fail,i'm guessing the stardards are pretty low to begin with...

anyways lets see how things go..&if they ever actually get down to testing in reality..

as they say "Talk is cheap" :lol:

Wuts the car machan ? cus if its a WRX or STI (1992 - 1998 Modle) i have an Extrat Cat with the downpipe

thanks for the offer man... but i have an astina.. just done the engine up with new pistons and the works... :blink: so i doubt ur 3 inch pipe will fit my 1500,,.. it has now got a straight 2 inch pipe with an HKS backbox... so there goes all the nasty fumes right out.... :violent-smiley-030:

Edited by charitha19