• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jeep Commander

viking

just to put a cap on the enthusiasm I'd like to point out that when we were SUV hunting last year, the commander cost 13.5 million, while the Disco 3 was just north of 18... and the RR at somewhere north of 22... with THAT kind of gulf, I wouldnt say the commander is an automatic write off...

You're right. But the the thing is the Disco feels that extra 4.5mill while the Commander felt like it was overpriced IMHO. Actually the Jap SUV interiors, like the current Montero feel a lot better than the Jeeps. As for the panel gaps....... in the gulf there you can hide the 4.5mill ;) .......Well maybe not but you know what I mean....

When I sat in the Range I really felt that the price can be justified. Well you can't justify any car's price in SL but when your mind adjusts......................You know the Range Rover/Sport and the Disco are really quality objects. They look good from every angle and the whole vehicle oozes quality. I'm not an SUV or Offroader fan but the LR products have desirability that Jeep seems to lack. And that's a shame as Jeep has a fantastic image, as good as if not better than LR.

It's sad that American manufacturers have a history of building some great cars but they seem to be lacking it now as they fall deeper and deeper into trouble. Chrysler have a few great products the latest of which is the Dodge Challenger which was developed under Daimler. But I'm afraid it's their more mainstream cars that really need to improve.

Been looking at this thread and keeping quiet, so thought of putting my two cents worth.

Look at the figures of the sales achieved by the vehicles in this range. The Commander is nowhere near what the others have achieved, only the Merc ML and the BMW X5 as achieved lesser sales. This is using all the trades in the market to sell their stuff.

Machang the Jeep stock has been there for a long time so they can still give at the same old prices even now. Thus the massive margin with the Disco3.

Its for you guys to decide

just out of curiousity guys. How much will a brand new LR 110 TD5 (if dats correct. I'm reffring to the long wheel 110 lol) will cost? Final price tag here in SL after taxation and all dat crap.

Td5 not available anymore. There were some recon Td5 Single Cabs which were going for abt 4.5 - 5.0mil. A new version with all duties will be in the 25mil range (because its diesel)

Td5 not available anymore. There were some recon Td5 Single Cabs which were going for abt 4.5 - 5.0mil. A new version with all duties will be in the 25mil range (because its diesel)

Gummy aren't those cheaper - are these new prices??

cuz when i checked a few months ago i was quoted 3.2 for a TD5 reconditioned 110 single cab

& anyway Agents never imported Brand New TD5's ne?

Gummy aren't those cheaper - are these new prices??

cuz when i checked a few months ago i was quoted 3.2 for a TD5 reconditioned 110 single cab

& anyway Agents never imported Brand New TD5's ne?

Well you need to keep a little space dont you?? Yes you can get them cheaper but I doubt whether they've stuck to their prices.

Nope agents never imported B/New Td5 SIngle Cabs, but I remember 2 Td5's one used by a director at a leading Garment Factory (very much into racing cars) and the other was for David Peiris.

And I meant the 2.4TdP when I said new version.