• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Personal Experince

S III upul

If You dnt mind telling me how much it costs u? & how many days.............

I'm still jumping with my Bj 43

It depends on your vehicle mods and condition. For my job engine & gear box coupling nearly 2 weeks. Chassis repairing takes one month. denting & repairing panels, converting doors (Defender type)etc, took nearly 3months. painting job got 3 months. Made complete new wiring harness, for 2 weeks. assembling job takes nearly a month. :(

Edited by S III upul

Great pics! always nice to see a project from start to finish.

Can't claim any experience in restoring a LR (although i'm currently suffering another car restoration).

But I must share an amusing anecdote told to me by one of the team members of our Malaysian Rain Forest Challenge team (big time LR/defender nutters for those who don't know)...

Conversation went something like this:

Me: so I've started restoring my old wheels- hoping it'll be painless

RF guy: You've starting restoring THAT car? How old is it?

Me: clocking 40 years next year

RF: And you're doing a full restoration?

Me: Yep. Its a small car, shouldn't be so bad...(before i could finish that sentence)

RF: Machan, speaking for most buggers who've gone through rebuilds/restorations....you're better off snorting cocaine, its cheaper!

Me: err....

RF: Serious. Cocaine.

Me: <quiet contemplation>

Needless to say it was a damned good laugh, especially to those who have <been there, done it>.

But i think with most restoration projects, even if you tell yourself you're not going to spend more the X amount...always go well over! There are just too many 'goodies' you'll want to add/do. Just be ready for that!

But in the end, the money spent, blood spilt(!!!), and time taken is worth it...especially if you love the car to bits!

Good luck!

Edited by gunat

Mates , if any body want to see a fully restoration process look at this link.

http://dhost.info/ax1/index.html

this is not a vehical restoration..it's a bike(honda ax1)..look how seriously he has planned his mission and deliver the goods..

good lesson for any vehical/motorbike restoration maniacs.. :mellow::mellow:

thanks for the link :)

must get my XR and MTX sorted out like that...

Great pics! always nice to see a project from start to finish.

Can't claim any experience in restoring a LR (although i'm currently suffering another car restoration).

But I must share an amusing anecdote told to me by one of the team members of our Malaysian Rain Forest Challenge team (big time LR/defender nutters for those who don't know)...

Conversation went something like this:

Me: so I've started restoring my old wheels- hoping it'll be painless

RF guy: You've starting restoring THAT car? How old is it?

Me: clocking 40 years next year

RF: And you're doing a full restoration?

Me: Yep. Its a small car, shouldn't be so bad...(before i could finish that sentence)

RF: Machan, speaking for most buggers who've gone through rebuilds/restorations....you're better off snorting cocaine, its cheaper!

Me: err....

RF: Serious. Cocaine.

Me: <quiet contemplation>

Needless to say it was a damned good laugh, especially to those who have <been there, done it>.

But i think with most restoration projects, even if you tell yourself you're not going to spend more the X amount...always go well over! There are just too many 'goodies' you'll want to add/do. Just be ready for that!

But in the end, the money spent, blood spilt(!!!), and time taken is worth it...especially if you love the car to bits!

Good luck!

ROTFL !

:lol:

did you call the R.R small??! :o

or is this the Nazi's automobile of choice? :D

Dev- the RR was a pipe dream. I lost the bid for it by 1 week!! It was sold just a few days after I found a buyer for my car. Guess it was meant to be....

Yep, the small car is Hitler's famed car for the masses...its a restoration, but with a few personal touches of course. Clearly you haven't been on the social networking tool lately...

Dev- the RR was a pipe dream. I lost the bid for it by 1 week!! It was sold just a few days after I found a buyer for my car. Guess it was meant to be....

Yep, the small car is Hitler's famed car for the masses...its a restoration, but with a few personal touches of course. Clearly you haven't been on the social networking tool lately...

aiyo :(

right - went n checked! thats a LOT of work going on! :o

• 7 months later...