• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Fuel System Cleaner

Kasuncp

Hi Guys, What is the best Fuel Injector Cleaning Oil? I went through some topics already hear in the forum. I want to full my petrol tank and then add the cleaning oil to that and then drive the car. can you guys recamend me a good product and its price. S*P price is only 450/= is it a good product?

Hi Guys, What is the best Fuel Injector Cleaning Oil? I went through some topics already hear in the forum. I want to full my petrol tank and then add the cleaning oil to that and then drive the car. can you guys recamend me a good product and its price. S*P price is only 450/= is it a good product?

3M is good. ABRO also OK. But if you want to get best result you have to do manual cleanup

i use wurth and it seems to work fine... I was recommended to use it twice a year and that's what i've been doing and so far no issues

effective manual injector cleanup is not as easy as some folks think it is... at least that's not the case if you want to do it right. Personally i wont get into that unless it has come to a point where you absolutely have to go that route... Otherwise IMO these fuel system cleaners and intake cleaner sprays works very well...

Thanks, How much is the wurth cleaner and where can i buy it? isn't STP a good one. I checked in the fuel station, its only 450/= please advice.

Kasun

That seems like a deal. STP is a well recognised US brand. So I think it should do what it says on the tin.

That seems like a deal. STP is a well recognised US brand. So I think it should do what it says on the tin.

From the cleaners that are just put into the tank with a full tank of Gas.. Valvoline had the best result for me.

However, running the car using the 3M injector cleaner(Any authorized garage can do this) had a far better result although it was quire a bit more expensive.

Good luck

From the cleaners that are just put into the tank with a full tank of Gas.. Valvoline had the best result for me.

However, running the car using the 3M injector cleaner(Any authorized garage can do this) had a far better result although it was quire a bit more expensive.

Good luck

Hi Yohann, what was the price you paid and from where you got it done if you don't mind sharing.

Hi Yohann, what was the price you paid and from where you got it done if you don't mind sharing.

Dunno about where Yohan got it done, but PitStop has it for certain. You also see quite a few service centers with the 3M boards for the FSC. Tho I can't comment on those I haven't been to.

Dunno about where Yohan got it done, but PitStop has it for certain. You also see quite a few service centers with the 3M boards for the FSC. Tho I can't comment on those I haven't been to.

Hi ,

Pit stop uses Wurth which is also good. They now combine a throttle body cleaner with this treatement which is said to enhance the effect of the treatement.

Cost for a 1.5L is around Rs.4600. If you do go there speak to the manager and tell him that Yohann sent you. There are no discounts on this but can arrange some special treatement.

Let me know the result if you try it

i use wurth and it seems to work fine... I was recommended to use it twice a year and that's what i've been doing and so far no issues

effective manual injector cleanup is not as easy as some folks think it is... at least that's not the case if you want to do it right. Personally i wont get into that unless it has come to a point where you absolutely have to go that route... Otherwise IMO these fuel system cleaners and intake cleaner sprays works very well...

Machan, will this improve the fuel consumption?

(just trying to understand whether its worth of paying 4500/-)

Will this fuel system cleaning job increase the fuel consumption?

I mean, can we feel a big improvement?

I admit that this should be done atleast once in a year or 6 months, but, from which can we make a big fuel consumption improvement between manual injector cleaning and total fuel system clean?

Edited by Rastima

I admit that this should be done atleast once in a year or 6 months, but, from which can we make a big fuel consumption improvement between manual injector cleaning and total fuel system clean?

i don't think so.

well unless you're injectors were clogged badly and giving you bad efficiency and low fuel figures...after a cleanup you might not notice that much of a difference...

• 1 year later...

Can any one tell me that is there any injector cleaner additive for diesel engine? What ia the good brand? and any first hand experience. Its for a Toyota Hiace.

Thanks is advance.

Can any one tell me that is there any injector cleaner additive for diesel engine? What ia the good brand? and any first hand experience. Its for a Toyota Hiace.

Thanks is advance.

I've tried W*rth way back in 2003 I guess. Then my garage fellow gave me to try out as he got a load of cans as a promotion, so I became the guinea-pig :D. But results were superb and when I was reaching mid tank (you have to pump a tank full depending on tank capacity and unload the stuff in the can to the tank) I felt the injector sound was difference and improved pulling power.

I've tried W*rth way back in 2003 I guess. Then my garage fellow gave me to try out as he got a load of cans as a promotion, so I became the guinea-pig :D. But results were superb and when I was reaching mid tank (you have to pump a tank full depending on tank capacity and unload the stuff in the can to the tank) I felt the injector sound was difference and improved pulling power.

Thanks for the advice machan. I think I will give it a try next time as I have already been to D*MO this afternoon and checked the nozzles and replaced with new ones as they were bad. I wanted to check the nozzles as we didn't know the history of the vehicle. Thanks machan.

Thanks for the advice machan. I think I will give it a try next time as I have already been to D*MO this afternoon and checked the nozzles and replaced with new ones as they were bad. I wanted to check the nozzles as we didn't know the history of the vehicle. Thanks machan.

better stay away from cleaning products for sometime and actually for mechanical fuel injection nozzles you don't require a cleaning adhesive as cleaning up or replacing nozzles not that expensive compared to EFI injectors. However those who has EFI fuel injected cars and esp when an injector cost around 20K, best solution is cleaning adhesives

better stay away from cleaning products for sometime and actually for mechanical fuel injection nozzles you don't require a cleaning adhesive as cleaning up or replacing nozzles not that expensive compared to EFI injectors. However those who has EFI fuel injected cars and esp when an injector cost around 20K, best solution is cleaning adhesives

OMG :wacko: 20K for a injector? is this same for diesel EFI engines ?