• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Mis/vibrations

roadhog

Question

19 answers to this question

The car 1999 Impreza 1.5 JDM with auto transmission

There is a engine mis/ vibration after engaging D in the morning and goes away after a kilometer or so.

again between 2000 4000 RPM this comes on again.

Any ideas.

Is there anyway you could clarify if it is a miss OR just vibrations? Cos the two would have seperate causes..

If it is a miss then it could be plug or distributor cap related... Vibrations could be caused by faulty mounts... (just a few of the possible reasons) Lets wait for fellow Sub drivers to give their comments.

This is an engine mis that causes the vibration.

The mis is abvious after engaging D (under load) and goes away when the engine has heated up.

even when the engine is hot if i try to overtake suddenly going more than 2500 RPM then there is a vibration (which I belive the mis is causing).

Fuel pump or fuel related issue. Check your injectors. Sub's are sensitive to fuel as they need premium unleaded which we dont have.

I dont think so! Premium gasoline is factory recommended only for WRX and STI not for 1.5 models according to specs, like the one he is having..normal regular gasoline would do. :rolleyes:

Don't have a Subi but had a similar problem when I bought my Honda. Spark plug wires were bad - worth checking them out before changing anything. Good luck!

Suggest checking Plugs/Wires(leads) first and then going toward fuel.

The car 1999 Impreza 1.5 JDM with auto transmission

There is a engine mis/ vibration after engaging D in the morning and goes away after a kilometer or so.

again between 2000 4000 RPM this comes on again.

Any ideas.

Check the Coil Pack, Plugs or the fuel Pump, btw if u intrested in a MT Gear box i have one :rolleyes::action-smiley-060:

Check the Coil Pack, Plugs or the fuel Pump, btw if u intrested in a MT Gear box i have one :rolleyes::action-smiley-060:

Hi,

I had the same problem with my vehicle and I took my vehicle to Pala Auto. They figured out that it's coming from loosy Air Cleaner. Then it's removed at refitted.Then it reduced a bit but didn't fade away all.

Then they figured out some metal part in remote sensor box is touching with vibrating parts in vehicle and the vibration coming from it. Then it was removed and refitted and vibration fade away fully.

Darshana

Thanks guys,

I took it to senok, they first checked the coil(which is at the top with a new one)

Then they went down do the plug wires and they were broken (the metal ends that connect the plug)

So the problem was solved but the leads were 4000 each !!!!!.

And on the fuel the 1.5 is going fine with what we have in this county and it does 9+ KMPL no ignition noise eaither

Thanks guys,

I took it to senok, they first checked the coil(which is at the top with a new one)

Then they went down do the plug wires and they were broken (the metal ends that connect the plug)

So the problem was solved but the leads were 4000 each !!!!!.

And on the fuel the 1.5 is going fine with what we have in this county and it does 9+ KMPL no ignition noise eaither

So the leads! This is the usual case with Agents. Over expensive!

So the leads! This is the usual case with Agents. Over expensive!

Actually subaru parts are very Expensive and im planing to advert all the subaru stuff i have in AL :D , then can earn something

Edited by GihanFX

Actually subaru parts are very Expensive and im planing to advert all the subaru stuff i have in AL :D , then can earn something

sourcing online is the cheapest IMHO :) I think folks like Sharkster are doing that already if i'm not wrong