• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evaluate Rx8

MX Killer

m intrstd n buyin a rx8. bt da rotary engine of the rx8 and da second hand mrkt mke sme douts n ma mind. pls tel me da + and - of dis car and is it worth to buy a rx8 for that price. o is dere any oder car that i can buy for that price? Cheers for mazda. M Rox H sux :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

m intrstd n buyin a rx8. bt da rotary engine of the rx8 and da second hand mrkt mke sme douts n ma mind. pls tel me da + and - of dis car and is it worth to buy a rx8 for that price. o is dere any oder car that i can buy for that price? Cheers for mazda. M Rox H sux :D

OT and b4 you ask i'm not a Honda fan but isn't it rather stupid to pitch brand against brand illogically like that and say "x" brand sucks.

I'm sure you know that there are quite good hondas that can take so many different models of mazdas to cleaners anyday :action-smiley-060:

Surely! Its a unique engine..and expertise as I know is hard to come by and hope you know it. So you got to exactly know for sure that the Renesis 2 is in good condition! Unless you are a billionaire and keeping 1 million as pocket money for a repair. Try the one for sale in our forums! Ask velocity about the car. :rolleyes:

PROS

1 ) Awesome Design and you can always drive it with Pride

2 ) Interior Egonomics are 1+ and keeps you happy Day and Night

3 ) Leather Seast are not the best for our Weather though the Electric Position Comes very Handy

4 ) Awesome Dash Lay Out

5 ) 4 doors and Rear Boot

6 ) Rev happy Rotary

7 ) Make Sure you buy the Type S with 6 Speed Gear Box and check if it has Stability Control ( DSC)

CONS

1 ) Drinks Fuel. Mine used to Max 6 and when idle you even burn more

2 ) Have to check oil Level Every 1000km. Thats if you buy a Brand New. Once its older It settles at around 1500-2000 km check up

3 ) You cannot use any Mineral or Synthetic Oil. You can use only ROTARY oil recomended for our Temperature. Only place for Sale is in Singapore.

4 ) Its too low and very Impractical.

5 ) Long Drives make your body ache

6 ) Cant sell Easily

7 ) You feel heat of Center Diff on to your Left Leg. In long drivers its uncomfortable.

8 ) NO SPARE WHEEL

If you get it for around 3.7 - 4.5 buy depending on condition. If you feel the owner does not jack shit about rotary just forget it, Also never buy Cars before 2004 AUG. It has Flooding problem. Its stalls your car its difficult to start it back.

My View is I really enjoyed the Civic 1600 SIR more than the Rx8. Just that Rx 8 Has good looks but it lacks power.

Rx8 are good for roads which does not have traffic.

The Honda Civic SIR 1600 might be 1/3 cheaper but f**k its gives some serious fun.

Edited by Velocity

Surely! Its a unique engine..and expertise as I know is hard to come by and hope you know it. So you got to exactly know for sure that the Renesis 2 is in good condition! Unless you are a billionaire and keeping 1 million as pocket money for a repair. Try the one for sale in our forums! Ask velocity about the car. :rolleyes:

He he he. just only saw it after posting.

As i said i would any day go for a VTEC than a RENESIS.

:)

Edited by Velocity

dude,

honestly, it may sound cool to you but to the greater majority using 'gangster' slang or 'street' language its is not cool or hip, and its actually annoying and kinda turns people off from reading your post let alone help.

'n', 'bt da', 'hand mrkt mke sme douts n ma mind', 'o is dere any oder'... jeez! come on man!

dude,

honestly, it may sound cool to you but to the greater majority using 'gangster' slang or 'street' language its is not cool or hip, and its actually annoying and kinda turns people off from reading your post let alone help.

'n', 'bt da', 'hand mrkt mke sme douts n ma mind', 'o is dere any oder'... jeez! come on man!

<_< Very true.

Im a big Fan of DC5, DC2, NSX-R, Prelude, Anyway i think MX killer dnt know much abt Hondas, trust me dude some Hondas are fast as EVO's and STI's, (where is Rupesh ? ) weel see how our H22A - EK3 perform

Edited by GihanFX

wow.. didn't know you could post via SMS to autolanka ;)

I have a Stage one RX8 which i honestly love... its a 2004 Ti Gray GT 6SP with 294 bhp on dyno...i must say that this car is a lovely machine to drive if u enjoy driving period. The way to counter the flooding problem is simply to start ur car and let it idle until it reaches normal oil temp and then giv it a good rev to 9000 rpm and switch off...takes no less than 5 mins but saves u the hassle of flooding...yes oil is needed on a constant basis as it drinks oil due to the nature of the rotary...petrol is another issue as it does drink but i feel the drive and handling of the car outweighs all the little problems here and there... yes the DSC and TS system is a big plus on the car as it tends to swing its rear if ur not careful enough...all in all i love this car and feel that it is waaaay underated...trust me i know from driving other cars that the RX8 honestly gives me the most pleasure on a day to day basis!

I have a Stage one RX8 which i honestly love... its a 2004 Ti Gray GT 6SP with 294 bhp on dyno...i must say that this car is a lovely machine to drive if u enjoy driving period. The way to counter the flooding problem is simply to start ur car and let it idle until it reaches normal oil temp and then giv it a good rev to 9000 rpm and switch off...takes no less than 5 mins but saves u the hassle of flooding...yes oil is needed on a constant basis as it drinks oil due to the nature of the rotary...petrol is another issue as it does drink but i feel the drive and handling of the car outweighs all the little problems here and there... yes the DSC and TS system is a big plus on the car as it tends to swing its rear if ur not careful enough...all in all i love this car and feel that it is waaaay underated...trust me i know from driving other cars that the RX8 honestly gives me the most pleasure on a day to day basis!

Infact Andy Drive is a Big +++ for me too, I drove so many times to Matara. But only problem which found out was that because our roads are not devided like US highways which means busses and trucks come on the wrong side. This is bit of issue when you are reving all the way up to 9000 rpm on the bends and you suddenly see a Leyland Bus on your Face. Its bit tough to handle corners when you are unsure if something is coming from the wrong side. But if you know bends give a awesome adrenalin rush.

Infact Andy Drive is a Big +++ for me too, I drove so many times to Matara. But only problem which found out was that because our roads are not devided like US highways which means busses and trucks come on the wrong side. This is bit of issue when you are reving all the way up to 9000 rpm on the bends and you suddenly see a Leyland Bus on your Face. Its bit tough to handle corners when you are unsure if something is coming from the wrong side. But if you know bends give a awesome adrenalin rush.

This I think is a very practical point. You can hardly maneuver any small car in a situation like this.

Watch out mate Hondas tryin to lure you away from Mazda :P . Be aware of :action-smiley-015:"Honda Brainwashing" :action-smiley-015:

Looks like we have some RX8 owners here !! There is one more but he doesnt log on, his name is Chet from texas (Chatura Perera). He told me that he really enjoys the car and there is no words to describe that feeling ... so i guess its a good car.

But owning one in SL is a different case i guess, you will definately need more $$$ to maintain it and im sure there are other cars that can give you equal or better performance for 1/2 the price of maintaining or buying an RX8?

All comes down to personal prefference i guess.

C'mon guys, pls don't get into another brand war. Never ending once it gets started. Besides, the way this guy communicates makes it look like hes about 12 years old, so really, its kinda pointless getting into it.

Besides, as everyone should know by now, its useless putting general comparisons across brands. Manufacturers make models with compete with models, and debating that is of some use, but brands is useless.

Looks like we have some RX8 owners here !! There is one more but he doesnt log on, his name is Chet from texas (Chatura Perera). He told me that he really enjoys the car and there is no words to describe that feeling ... so i guess its a good car.

But owning one in SL is a different case i guess, you will definately need more $$$ to maintain it and im sure there are other cars that can give you equal or better performance for 1/2 the price of maintaining or buying an RX8?

All comes down to personal prefference i guess.

Thnx for ur comments. ya true honda hs performance bt i dout abt its luks. (personal believe). when it cmes to mazzies specially RX7, RX8 they hav luks + performance. isnt it? and ppl say dat rotary engines can do only 100000km wit 95 octane. is dat true?

C'mon guys, pls don't get into another brand war. Never ending once it gets started. Besides, the way this guy communicates makes it look like hes about 12 years old, so really, its kinda pointless getting into it.

Besides, as everyone should know by now, its useless putting general comparisons across brands. Manufacturers make models with compete with models, and debating that is of some use, but brands is useless.

I agree with u mate but as a moderator show sum lil respect(which u r good @). Cus he's still new to AL n hav no idea what so ever that, such small set of words could start a war at AL. So rather than "this guy communicates makes it look like hes about 12 years old" u should hv posted sumthin better. After all "this guy" is a part of AL family. Pls correct me if I'm wrong..... :rolleyes:

I agree with u mate but as a moderator show sum lil respect(which u r good @). Cus he's still new to AL n hav no idea what so ever that, such small set of words could start a war at AL. So rather than "this guy communicates makes it look like hes about 12 years old" u should hv posted sumthin better. After all "this guy" is a part of AL family. Pls correct me if I'm wrong..... :rolleyes:

by saying "communicates like a 12 year old", I believe peri was referring to his style of posting, which appears to have stemmed from text messaging, and as dilesh pointed out, is more than a little bit irritating...

Guys!

After seeing this I couldn’t stop posting my personal views on this.Pleasae don’t get me wrong or offended but this brand war here is nothing but a window to show how idiotic some of our members are.

Currently I own and drive a Honda, a Nissan a Mitsubishi and each vehicle has its own uniqueness of its class. Finally its not easy to say whats good and bad or in some people’s language what “sucks”. I owned few numbers of Mazdas and I have my list of advantages of disadvantages of that.

Friends please don’t illustrate your immaturity and form superfluous arguments here. Some even gone to the scope of showing graphics of it. That confirms the bareness of their world of motoring.

MINIACE

Guys!

After seeing this I couldn’t stop posting my personal views on this.Pleasae don’t get me wrong or offended but this brand war here is nothing but a window to show how idiotic some of our members are.

Currently I own and drive a Honda, a Nissan a Mitsubishi and each vehicle has its own uniqueness of its class. Finally its not easy to say whats good and bad or in some people’s language what “sucks”. I owned few numbers of Mazdas and I have my list of advantages of disadvantages of that.

Friends please don’t illustrate your immaturity and form superfluous arguments here. Some even gone to the scope of showing graphics of it. That confirms the bareness of their world of motoring.

MINIACE

well said sir :)

sorry mate... saw this guy bashing hondas and upping mazda's on another thread too.. I don't own either but it's irritating to see folks trying to destroy peace here :) we have one toyota freak and defa don't need another...

sorry mate... saw this guy bashing hondas and upping mazda's on another thread too.. I don't own either but it's irritating to see folks trying to destroy peace here :) we have one toyota freak and defa don't need another...

wo wo wo u guys took that thing very seriously. i jst post that part for fun. k k i take it back. every brand has its own unique qualities. as m using a mazda i just said that. sorry for that bros. i only want to know about the RX8. (Please forgive this 12 yrs old boy) :D. Cheers for all brands. V r car freaks. M, H, M, T rox