• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Info

Le Sabre

I was looking to buy a hyundai Elantra car and would like to get some info on the Hyundai Elantra 2000-2002 model.

I would like to know if spare parts are easy to get and also if the spares are expensive.

Anybody using this please do comment on it handling and its performance and comfort.

Also what would be the best price to pay for one of these models.

Hope someone would help me out.

I was looking to buy a hyundai Elantra car and would like to get some info on the Hyundai Elantra 2000-2002 model.

I would like to know if spare parts are easy to get and also if the spares are expensive.

Anybody using this please do comment on it handling and its performance and comfort.

Also what would be the best price to pay for one of these models.

Hope someone would help me out.

dunno much about the model but sonata's and accent's have had quite a few reliability issues... at least the few my friends have had were prone to such things.

maybe others with more hand on info can chime in

I am looking for something in the price range of 1-1.5mil.

Any insight about the Dahatsui Terios or the suzuki swift , Nissan FB15 or the N16 cars.

Will i be able to get any of these models in my price range.

How are they in performance. Whats the market price for these cars.

Any insight please do let me know.

Edited by Le Sabre

Any insight about the Dahatsui Terios or the suzuki swift , Nissan FB15 or the N16 cars.

Iam afraid you cant. Look for a mazda 99-00 model there the 1.3 manual which is very echonomical. And full option.

If you patiently look around...you can easily get a FB15, manual, 1.5l with all the trimmings for 1.5mil.

One of my buddies @work sold his HJ plated FB15 manual for 1.55 mil and it was a V*P model with leather seats, full oprion with speed lock, aftermarket cd loader etc etc...

He was getting 10 in colombo and about 12-13 out in terms of fuel economy.

These are not "performance" cars but family sedans so you can't even place the word "performance" in there :)

but these are easy to re-sel and hold value decently.... overall great daily driver cars with very little complaints...

N16 is beyond your budget as it stands

@Priya... check facts before posting and saying an FB15 is off his budget cos it's not.

If you patiently look around...you can easily get a FB15, manual, 1.5l with all the trimmings for 1.5mil.

One of my buddies @work sold his HJ plated FB15 manual for 1.55 mil and it was a V*P model with leather seats, full oprion with speed lock, aftermarket cd loader etc etc...

He was getting 10 in colombo and about 12-13 out in terms of fuel economy.

These are not "performance" cars but family sedans so you can't even place the word "performance" in there :)

but these are easy to re-sel and hold value decently.... overall great daily driver cars with very little complaints...

N16 is beyond your budget as it stands

@Priya... check facts before posting and saying an FB15 is off his budget cos it's not.

Looks like you need to check on facts more closley..check your self the facts found in AL..Then after that the newspapers. No FB 15's(manuals) found for less than 1.5mil..As you can clearly see "1-1.5" is what he has mentioned, not 1-1.5 odd! The only one which I found in AL is asking 1,590,000 which is close to 1.6mark. Or if this is not the case you meant "Stop! Autolanka is full of overpriced cars! so why dont you start checking the observer classifieds patiently! You might find one. Obviously the car you were referring must have most definitely had a big big probs in it, thats why your good friend wanted to get rid of it! :D otherwise why would anybody undervalue his own car!

Of course autoLanka is full of over priced cars. So is the papers! This is Sri Lanka, people leave room to bargain when quoting a price! How often are cars sold at the original quoting price?

Priya

as peri pointed out... quoted prices are almost always not the selling price. And unlike you i have checked that before replying.

If you don't know the true picture... do all of us a favor and stop posting rubbish and misguiding users. It's ok not to reply when you don't know the facts which is quite obvious in this instance.

and FYI the FB15 i'm referring to was only serviced and repaired at the agents and was in very good nick except for some scrapes on the paintwork, and the guy sold it since he wanted to upgrade and go for an SUV.

And also it was advertised in AL and was sold in about 3 days after that...

Acutually you may find good looking vehicles at reasonable prices at AUTO LANKA except few cases. This is my own indipendent idea only.

Also please let me know any body has any idea about HONDA LOGO cars.

Acutually you may find good looking vehicles at reasonable prices at AUTO LANKA except few cases. This is my own indipendent idea only.

Also please let me know any body has any idea about HONDA LOGO cars.

talking about "good looking" i checked out this ride once that "looked" damn neat on AL but in reality the paintwork was awful... Probably it was Photoshopped for the ad :lol:

Priya

as peri pointed out... quoted prices are almost always not the selling price. And unlike you i have checked that before replying.

If you don't know the true picture... do all of us a favor and stop posting rubbish and misguiding users. It's ok not to reply when you don't know the facts which is quite obvious in this instance.

and FYI the FB15 i'm referring to was only serviced and repaired at the agents and was in very good nick except for some scrapes on the paintwork, and the guy sold it since he wanted to upgrade and go for an SUV.

And also it was advertised in AL and was sold in about 3 days after that...

Agree 100% with peri.

But Dude! Watch your way with words! Dont act like a "Siyalla dath in here ". I made that comment simply why because I could not find a FB15 for that price! Not for 1.5. And I am sure this person who inquired did not come here and ask for opinion without checking with the market also our AL classifieds. Never mind that. But have a way with words man.. and I am sure we all have made a wrong comment sometime or another. Even if I wanted to personally and purposely misguide him with rubbish I am sure he has the brains to inquire, look and find out for himself what is true. isnt it!

Agree 100% with peri.

But Dude! Watch your way with words! Dont act like a "Siyalla dath in here ". I made that comment simply why because I could not find a FB15 for that price! Not for 1.5. And I am sure this person who inquired did not come here and ask for opinion without checking with the market also our AL classifieds. Never mind that. But have a way with words man.. and I am sure we all have made a wrong comment sometime or another. Even if I wanted to personally and purposely misguide him with rubbish I am sure he has the brains to inquire, look and find out for himself what is true. isnt it!

mate... i will watch my words when i want to...and end of the day it's not me whose talking without checking up on the topic properly. And i never said or acted like i know everything which also not true cos i don't. But i do know for a FACT is that there are good FB15's for 1.5 and you shouldn't post "advice" without exploring the market other than reading up ads...

"Iam afraid you cant." is "all knowing" mentality from you and not me mate...

clean up your own house before pointing fingers at others...

If you don't know or not sure...just say like that and it's cool...

Obviously the poster hasn't checked the market properly and that's why he's popping the question in an automotive forum asking for help...

and the forum is there to help such folks by giving accurate information and not ones that certain folks conjure up just by looking at quoted prices on adverts...

you were wrong...end of story.

mate... i will watch my words when i want to...and end of the day it's not me whose talking without checking up on the topic properly. And i never said or acted like i know everything which also not true cos i don't. But i do know for a FACT is that there are good FB15's for 1.5 and you shouldn't post "advice" without exploring the market other than reading up ads...

"Iam afraid you cant." is "all knowing" mentality from you and not me mate...

clean up your own house before pointing fingers at others...

If you don't know or not sure...just say like that and it's cool...

Obviously the poster hasn't checked the market properly and that's why he's popping the question in an automotive forum asking for help...

and the forum is there to help such folks by giving accurate information and not ones that certain folks conjure up just by looking at quoted prices on adverts...

you were wrong...end of story.

Mate judge and be judged! Thats upto god. I am right by any means till you point out and give me a contact of a person who's selling his FB15(manual or auto) for 1.5mil.

Now take that for a challenge! Lets decide the who's wrong part later in the program! :D:D

Till this is justified I am afraid you are very very wrong! End of story! :D :D :P

Mate judge and be judged! Thats upto god. I am right by any means till you point out and give me a contact of a person who's selling his FB15(manual or auto) for 1.5mil.

Now take that for a challenge! Lets decide the who's wrong part later in the program! :D:D

Till this is justified I am afraid you are very very wrong! End of story! :D :D :P

well like i don't have anything else to do eh? :angry-smiley-048:

I don't want to be wasting my time trying to educate someone like you who's obviously happy with figures they've stumbled upon in adverts :P

if you want to believe your childish estimates going by quoted prices by over confident sellers...that's fine with me mate :angry-smiley-048:

I don't want Sabre here to think that he can't get himself such a car just because one ill-informed poster like you think he can't.

whose right or wrong is quite obvious aint it...

Read Peri's post for starters... read it slow and take ya time if you find it tough to understand what the man is saying :P

well like i don't have anything else to do eh? :angry-smiley-048:

I don't want to be wasting my time trying to educate someone like you who's obviously happy with figures they've stumbled upon in adverts :P

if you want to believe your childish estimates going by quoted prices by over confident sellers...that's fine with me mate :angry-smiley-048:

I don't want Sabre here to think that he can't get himself such a car just because one ill-informed poster like you think he can't.

whose right or wrong is quite obvious aint it...

Read Peri's post for starters... read it slow and take ya time if you find it tough to understand what the man is saying :P

You loose! End of story :P

You loose! End of story :P

loosing is ok mate. can't imagine how you go through by being a "looser" :P

all hail...Priya....cos Priya's on the opinion that adverts on AL and Papers gives you Car Prices somewhat accurately and tells Sabre here that he can't get an FB15 for 1.5 cos the all superior adverts Priya have seen thus far are only selling FB15's in 1.59 area.

You must be really proud with that sorta logic and thinking power. Wow...what an achievement :)

Of course i loose cos i can never match upto that sorta level.... :lol:

Tru dat boys. Lets stop that argument on that note.

Think Mad max's in laws had an Elantra. But he, being on the other side of the world, won't be online for some time.

You should def be able to get the older Swift too.

Can you guys please stop fighting and give the answers to the questions? So far no comment about the Elantra? You can find a reasonably good FB15 for 1.5m and that is for sure! No need to fight about that.

well with his budget... I'd say a Jap might be better than an Elantra for multitude of reasons.

Depending on what he expects out of the car he can decide what to go for... for economy, resale, etc... and FB15 is a good choice IMO...

Or maybe something like a p11 if he wants some kick out of owning a "driver's car"...

If i was in his position...i'd stay away from the Elantra, Sonata and Accent...but that' just me :)

Tru dat boys. Lets stop that argument on that note.

Think Mad max's in laws had an Elantra. But he, being on the other side of the world, won't be online for some time.

You should def be able to get the older Swift too.

Done deal :) I lost anyway so what the heck :lol:

i dont know about Nissans. but my brother's using a Hyundai its very economical in fuel (it's a Manual though) but needless to say about reliability. rattling all around pretty badly. you can hear tire noise, glove compartment rattling, Noisy door panels.. etc etc.. guess this is a common problem among earlier Hyundais. :angry-smiley-024: for 1.5 Mil you can get a 301- Corolla 110 (Vintage Model) or Premio 1.8L for power (Year 2000 manufatcured) or else Pick a Mazda 323. :rolleyes:

Edited by Ruslan

Just some general observations about Korean cars of that genre which may or may not apply specifically to the genre

The Pros

Hyundai split off from the partnership they had with Mitsubishi some time ago but the technology they borrowed from them is still being used and being improved upon so the technology in these vehicles are quite sound.

The quality of metal used etc is also quite good and they fare well against rust etc.

They come with comparably more goodies as standard for the price you pay for them which is quite nice.

I guess depending on the angle you look at it they seem good value for money !

Cons

Note the mileage is completely untrustworthy !!! especially on cars imported from Singapore. If possible try to get your hands on a brand new imported Elantra with Hyundai Lanka service records !

The Elantra is not as popular as the Accent so while engine parts are probably not a issue you might have difficulties finding body parts

The trim level and the quality of plastics used will not be up to the standard of Japanese & European equivalents. They will discolour, fall apart and wear out faster and sometimes even have a cheap feel to them (particularly true in the accent) and feel basic !

The ride quality is very dependent on the vehicle, and I cannot comment on the Elantra as I've never been in one, but have been in a few accents and not the best I must admit !

Things like shock absorbers, suspension bushes, etc will wear out faster than Japanese equivalents and you need to be careful with the belts as well particularly the Timing belts which would have shorter replacement intervals (irrespective of what the manufacturer says !).

Just some general observations about Korean cars of that genre which may or may not apply specifically to the genre

The Pros

Hyundai split off from the partnership they had with Mitsubishi some time ago but the technology they borrowed from them is still being used and being improved upon so the technology in these vehicles are quite sound.

The quality of metal used etc is also quite good and they fare well against rust etc.

They come with comparably more goodies as standard for the price you pay for them which is quite nice.

I guess depending on the angle you look at it they seem good value for money !

Cons

Note the mileage is completely untrustworthy !!! especially on cars imported from Singapore. If possible try to get your hands on a brand new imported Elantra with Hyundai Lanka service records !

The Elantra is not as popular as the Accent so while engine parts are probably not a issue you might have difficulties finding body parts

The trim level and the quality of plastics used will not be up to the standard of Japanese & European equivalents. They will discolour, fall apart and wear out faster and sometimes even have a cheap feel to them (particularly true in the accent) and feel basic !

The ride quality is very dependent on the vehicle, and I cannot comment on the Elantra as I've never been in one, but have been in a few accents and not the best I must admit !

Things like shock absorbers, suspension bushes, etc will wear out faster than Japanese equivalents and you need to be careful with the belts as well particularly the Timing belts which would have shorter replacement intervals (irrespective of what the manufacturer says !).

come to think of it... there are actually very few elantra's when compared to accent and sonata.

come to think of it... there are actually very few elantra's when compared to accent and sonata.

I think a lot of those Elantra's were imported brand new cos I notice a lot of them have "Hyundai Lanka" on their number plate brackets !