• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Big Jump

Gummybr

From a local assembly project in Minuwangoda. Its completely legal.

Bro, Can you please explain me bit more about this process of assembling vehicles. Is there a factory and are the vehicles brought to Sri Lanka in 2 parts and assembled here or is it small small parts? Im very eager to know about this because thats strange, so far I didn't know about this project though I live just one kilometre away from Minuwangoda. Hope you would explain me how this project works and what models of cars are manufactured there. Thanks in advance.

congrats gummy, hope you've seen the project and how the cars being assembled. This is completely from a safety point of view and its the only worry or fear factor some ppl have on assembled cars. Do they assure the air bags functionality 'n all? however this is a nice machine and nice buy. BTW what will happen to the old lancer? any pics ?

Ok here you go some pics of the old ride.

dsc00573lx6.th.jpgthpix.gif

dsc00667kj8.th.jpgthpix.gif

dsc00673uh0.th.jpgthpix.gif

dsc00022ql2.th.jpgthpix.gif

dsc00023rx0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Drove the 110 to Ratnapura and back and it was so boring so I was flinging it hard into bends, handled well but nothing like driving the old girl, which I did after coming home drove the Lancer to a friends place and the difference in performance was apparent (I mean to say its far more enjoying and pulls well for a 30 year old)

Drove the 110 to Ratnapura and back and it was so boring so I was flinging it hard into bends, handled well but nothing like driving the old girl, which I did after coming home drove the Lancer to a friends place and the difference in performance was apparent (I mean to say its far more enjoying and pulls well for a 30 year old)

May I say this is MMC Unique selling point :)

Bro, It seems like you have a RPM meter or some kind of meter on your lancer's dashboard. If its a RPM meter, please can you tell me from where you bought it and how much it was? Thats because Im also searching to buy a RPM meter for my car. Thank you very much. Its a great help if you can let me know.

Man your tube light Lancer is awesome,we have the same model in our family for nearly 10 years and still going strong (12 sri) went all over the country including the north when the ceasefire was on,very hardy and reliable too

btw,how much are you planning to sell your Lancer for ? how much are they worth now?

Our one has the A/C working well after so many years too

Bro, It seems like you have a RPM meter or some kind of meter on your lancer's dashboard. If its a RPM meter, please can you tell me from where you bought it and how much it was? Thats because Im also searching to buy a RPM meter for my car. Thank you very much. Its a great help if you can let me know.

Its a RPM meter alrite, auto gauge rpm meter. Bought from m*t*r C*de, cost me about 2000 bucks inclusive of discount for cash purchase.

Well rman2000, I'm planning to sell it for nothing less than 250,000. Have a few buyers already but havent confirmed yet. Mine doesnt have A/C, its a brand new import in 1979. Yours is 5 speed or 4 speed?

[

Machang Gummy.....on the subject of the lancer, here are some pics of die cast replicas you might enjoy.

Green 2 door

http://jdmikediecast.blogspot.com/2008/06/...ancer-1600.html

a collection of lancers

http://jdmikediecast.blogspot.com/2008/06/...43-lancers.html

This one has the L light rally version like the one on your profile - towards the bottom of the page.

http://jdmikediecast.blogspot.com/2008/09/...-164-scale.html

Enjoy...... :)