• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car Within 14 Lakhs

Question

Hi all..

Just wanted to know a few details abt the following auto geared cars.

Mitsubishi Lancer CK1 or 2 ..an english number, probably models between 97 and 2000. Could i find it in the range of 14

What is the best car i could find within 14 lakhs?

There are some 97 Corolla models AE111 and AE 110 and Mazda 323 English numbers some 99 model or so

In terms of fuel efficiency which is the best? How much does it do within Colombo?

Pl do let me know..and anyone who had the above cars..pl do share ur experience with it

thanks all

• Answers 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm no expert on cars, but i've been recently looking around and fo rthat price range I think the most fuel efficient and reliable car you could get would be a Toyota Soluna. However, it doesn't look all that great and my second best option would be a mazda 323 or Mazda Familia. If your able to spend a bit more you might be able to find a Suzuki swift also for just a bit more.

Hi all..

Mitsubishi Lancer CK1 or 2 ..an english number, probably models between 97 and 2000. Could i find it in the range of 14

There are some 97 Corolla models AE111 and AE 110 and Mazda 323 English numbers some 99 model or so

In terms of fuel efficiency which is the best? How much does it do within Colombo?

Pl do let me know..and anyone who had the above cars..pl do share ur experience with it

thanks all

Fuel efficiency wise its hard to beat the Corolla AE 110 in that price range

you might also be able to get a Honda EK3, Mazda familia or 323 (99-2004 if I remember correctly) Familia Butterfly model (96-99 I think) and the list goes on.

What is best for you depends on your personal requirement, as in seating capacity/ size of your family , your annual mileage, where you live, and the purpose of purchase !

Fuel efficiency wise its hard to beat the Corolla AE 110 in that price range

you might also be able to get a Honda EK3, Mazda familia or 323 (99-2004 if I remember correctly) Familia Butterfly model (96-99 I think) and the list goes on.

What is best for you depends on your personal requirement, as in seating capacity/ size of your family , your annual mileage, where you live, and the purpose of purchase !

Thanks alot...but lemme know How much does a Corolla AE11o do?wat abt the AE111?..

my most important feature should be the looks and the fuel efficiency?

What abt the familia 323 model? how much does it do and approximate value would be good and the lancer how abt the mitsubishi lancer?..a sporty lookin car is kind of top on the list and lancer can be modified..how much does it do?

pl do lemme know

I'm no expert on cars, but i've been recently looking around and fo rthat price range I think the most fuel efficient and reliable car you could get would be a Toyota Soluna. However, it doesn't look all that great and my second best option would be a mazda 323 or Mazda Familia. If your able to spend a bit more you might be able to find a Suzuki swift also for just a bit more.

ya true soluna looks pretty bad..but how much does it do..considering the fuel prices..a good fuel efficient car will out do the little defects in the looks

ya true soluna looks pretty bad..but how much does it do..considering the fuel prices..a good fuel efficient car will out do the little defects in the looks

Good looking, Performance, fuel efficent and modareatable, Most advisable to go for EK3 Honda Civic.

If you are really concerned on fuel the Corolla 110 will be the best among the sedan's for your price. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get a 1500cc for your price range. If your budget can be extended to about 1.5mil you'll be able to get a Corona Premio 1800cc which offers decent fuel consumption with a balance of power & comfort.

Yup the lancer looks good, will be even better if you can get an MX grade & also is more fun to drive. In terms of fuel economy it will not match the Corolla 110.

Hi all..

thanks all

Dud try to buy AE110 1.5 manual model. U can run 11-12kml Colombo city.

AE110 1.5 automatic model will give you 10kmpl i think. never used auto model

Well in that case, your choices are between a Maruti or one of those dinky little 3 wheel cars. Or you could try something electric like the Reva.

Thanks alot...but lemme know How much does a Corolla AE11o do?wat abt the AE111?..

my most important feature should be the looks and the fuel efficiency?

What abt the familia 323 model? how much does it do and approximate value would be good and the lancer how abt the mitsubishi lancer?..a sporty lookin car is kind of top on the list and lancer can be modified..how much does it do?

pl do lemme know

AE110 and AE111 are the same car with slightly different bodies (with the AE110 being the more popular and more expensive I think) so performance wise they should be the same. The rumored fuel efficiency figures are 10-12 km/L in the city and up to 17 km/L outstation !

The lancer should do 9-10 KM/L in the city and about 12-13 outstation but you will need to be very light with your right foot !

AE110 and AE111 are the same car with slightly different bodies (with the AE110 being the more popular and more expensive I think) so performance wise they should be the same. The rumored fuel efficiency figures are 10-12 km/L in the city and up to 17 km/L outstation !

The lancer should do 9-10 KM/L in the city and about 12-13 outstation but you will need to be very light with your right foot !

AE110 = 1500CC

AE111 = 1300CC

i think so!

Edited by Nilantha

Why isnt anyone talking about the B14..... :blink: I am not going to start that Nissan Vs Toyota again...But I feel that is also a very good option..at least in my view. A decent B14 is well within his range and also delivers the looks and the fuel economy.. and above all the comfort in driving.

Also I noted that there are three versions. Ex saloon, Super saloon and FE...Any one who knows the differences in these three...

If there is anyone who has used or uses a B14, please comment...thanks.

Roughly how much does it do per litre within colombo?

Brother that depends how you drive and the extend of the traffic congestion but ave. 10 km in town and 13 km out station manual gear EK3.

I have used a EK3 for more than 03 years with out any major problems and performence wise it is excellent. Also it is more comfotable than ES1 or ES8. :)

Why isnt anyone talking about the B14..... :blink: I am not going to start that Nissan Vs Toyota again...But I feel that is also a very good option..at least in my view. A decent B14 is well within his range and also delivers the looks and the fuel economy.. and above all the comfort in driving.

Also I noted that there are three versions. Ex saloon, Super saloon and FE...Any one who knows the differences in these three...

how much an auto F14 does around colombo? i remember some of my friends claiming it does only 7kmpl in colombo, rather city running. why this famous Nissan Vs Toyota controversial is because new nissans are generally does bad in fuel, specially automatics. For an example March K11 is very popular for not being a fuel efficient car despite its size and the engine capacity, but a Starlet of that age does way better than March. This is just from what I heard and know, open for debate..

Hmmm good suggestion. I have not driven a FB14 to comment on the driving conditions but its a decent car.

Super Saloon is a higher grade (full option) & FE is the basic grade (very basic options), the EX saloon sits in-between. There is a version named 'Super Touring' which is the highest grade, never seen this version in SL roads.

Yeah FB14 does very well with fuel but i dont fancy the look that much..i have a friend who sez it does 14 within the city.

Just wanted to know, what abt honda city?i saw a car within that range..in terms of looks mitsubishi suited my choice best..and mazda, any ideas abt the figures for mazda?

is it true that mitsubishi has expensive parts?

Any idea abt spare parts for mazda?

and howz nissan presea..in terms of looks its great..howz the petrol consumption?

and what abt toyota sprinter?how is that..english numbers of that too can be found within 14 may b 15 max..i think..howz that?

By the way i too read that AE111 has a 1300 engine

FB14 1.5 maximum 14kmpl

Yeah FB14 does very well with fuel but i dont fancy the look that much..i have a friend who sez it does 14 within the city.

Just wanted to know, what abt honda city?i saw a car within that range..in terms of looks mitsubishi suited my choice best..and mazda, any ideas abt the figures for mazda?

and howz nissan presea..in terms of looks its great..howz the petrol consumption?

and what abt toyota sprinter?how is that..english numbers of that too can be found within 14 may b 15 max..i think..howz that?

AE110 corolla and sprinter are same. Only body parts are difference (lights, shell, doors, bonnet, dicki lid. Performance also same. But it has not good second hand demand than corolla.

Edited by Nilantha

14 within the city.....that is pretty good.. Is it a manual or an auto? Manual is my guess.

I would not recommend Mazda's that much as it does not have much of a value retention capability and the ride is not that comfortable I heard. (at least compared to a saloon type car)

About the Nissan presea, I am also interested. Anyone with any comments about the presesa???? Fuel economy and comfort level..

14 within the city.....that is pretty good.. Is it a manual or an auto? Manual is my guess.

I would not recommend Mazda's that much as it does not have much of a value retention capability and the ride is not that comfortable I heard. (at least compared to a saloon type car)

About the Nissan presea, I am also interested. Anyone with any comments about the presesa???? Fuel economy and comfort level..

Don’t believe. U can’t run FB14 14kmpl city limit. FB14 maximum will give you 14kmpl when you run only long trip.

AE110 corolla and sprinter are same. Only body parts are difference (lights, shell, doors, bonnet, dicki lid. Performance also same. But it has not good second hand demand than corolla.

how can this be man... Isn't t he sprinter the most "premium" version of corollas of that generations... simillar to what's a "G" grade with 121's...

Other than the body parts being different...almost all sprinters were full option with added things like speedlock etc from the factory itself where you do get corollas without the add ons...

As far as i've seen Sprinters for sale on the market, and the fact that i happen drive one and have looked at quite a few corollas before settling on the sprinter... they do sell for more than your average corolla of that age.

would like hear how you figured out that they don't have a good second hand demand and why?

Don’t believe. U can’t run FB14 14kmpl city limit. FB14 maximum will give you 14kmpl when you run only long trip.

Agreed...Thats what I also have heard..what would be a realistic value within city limits? Good enough for me if it is at least 10-11kmpl.

Agreed...Thats what I also have heard..what would be a realistic value within city limits? Good enough for me if it is at least 10-11kmpl.

14 is what my friend said but he uses it within matale, and traffic is not as much in col..pl do comment on presea if u all know anything..

and parts of mistsubishi and mazda..is it expensive?