• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Install Power Shutters

nsb15

Question

Dear All,

I have a Nissan Sunny car and it is not a full option one. So, I want to make it full option by installing power windows, power mirrors, central locking etc.. Does anybody know a good place to install them.

Thanks..............

12 answers to this question

Sorry for going out of the topic. My Power windows are not working properly. the problem is its not coming up. going down nicely. when it coming up it stops. i have to manually give a push to go up. the motor is working well. is their anything that i can put to the glass like Oil. i think thats the mail problem. I'm not opening the glass normally. i think its out of oil. what can i do for that.

Regards,

Kasun

FB15 Ex Saloon

The easiest thing to do is to swap your doors to power doors, and do a deal with the part supplier to purchase your manual doors.

In most accidents people do not need power doors as the power shutter mechanism does not get damaged so they still hold resale value.

You also need to try to find doors of the same colour as your current doors which will save you the hassle of having to repaint the car ! and doing it this way will ensure your car remains original !

Sorry for going out of the topic. My Power windows are not working properly. the problem is its not coming up. going down nicely. when it coming up it stops. i have to manually give a push to go up. the motor is working well. is their anything that i can put to the glass like Oil. i think thats the mail problem. I'm not opening the glass normally. i think its out of oil. what can i do for that.

Regards,

Kasun

If you take your car to somewhere like Samarasinghe or any place which installs windscreens they have a lubricant which they use to treat this problem.

But in my personal experience this does not always work very well or last for that long. If you can find a can of silicone spray and spray the insides of the beading that keeps the glass in place (as in lubricate the path the glass takes when it goes up) it will recondition the rubber and stop the glass sticking as it goes up.

The easiest thing to do is to swap your doors to power doors, and do a deal with the part supplier to purchase your manual doors.

In most accidents people do not need power doors as the power shutter mechanism does not get damaged so they still hold resale value.

You also need to try to find doors of the same colour as your current doors which will save you the hassle of having to repaint the car ! and doing it this way will ensure your car remains original !

You say that without removing doors can we get installed the power window unit to normal doors.......????

Edited by SunnyB15

Dear All,

I have a Nissan Sunny car and it is not a full option one. So, I want to make it full option by installing power windows, power mirrors, central locking etc.. Does anybody know a good place to install them.

Thanks..............

If you have ability (technical knowledge) to do this by your self that is the better thing. Do it your self. If u want to know second hand spare part shops contact numbers to buy door set let me know I will give u.

Edited by Nilantha

You say that without removing doors can we get installed the power window unit to normal doors.......????

Well you can, but the problem is the upholstry boards are different in the power versions and you also need the switches !

The best thing to do and I think Nilantha concurs with me on this is to find 4 power doors and replace your existing manual doors ! and then sell the manual doors back to a body part dealer !

Its the most simplest and straight forward of getting power windows (and if you are lucky central locking) in your car ! I say if you are lucky since I do not know where Nissan put their central locking control unit but if its in the driver side door, that might work straight away as well. The wiring is already there !

If you have ability (technical knowledge) to do this by your self that is the better thing. Do it your self. If u want to know second hand spare part shops contact numbers to buy door set let me know I will give u.

Please provide me....

Thanks

Best Choice it seems for the front doos... second hand doors are cheaper for nissans... but the expenditure for the paintjob would be the problem, especially for a metallic coloured one...

i have the 4 manual doors of my Corolla AE100 which i replaced with power doors... do u know anyone who would want to buy these or how much should i ask for when selling these 4 doors...?

Also i can tell you the garage where i got mine done few months back. its at Papiliyana. drop me a mail: [email protected]

Edited by nahsor16

i have the 4 manual doors of my Corolla AE100 which i replaced with power doors... do u know anyone who would want to buy these or how much should i ask for when selling these 4 doors...?

Also i can tell you the garage where i got mine done few months back. its at Papiliyana. drop me a mail: [email protected]

you can try to sell them to a body part shop in Delkanda. don't expect them to pay what they are worth though as they will keep a big margin, but it might be better than the hassle of hanging on to them.

you can also try advertising in the observer classifieds, ##### or even the autolanka classifieds