• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Scratches

protege

Question

hey everyone ..hope ul can help me out with the prob.. checked all the relevant stff on the topic but couldnt come across any thing similar.....

i couldnt attend to my car for sometimes and i just started doing everything up again but due to fact that ive overused my wipers(bosch) theyve scratched my windscreen ..forgot to ask from kleenpark as to hw much their windscreen cleaning thing is but im guessing itll be totally expensive?...

question is

how much is the kleen park windscreen cleaning thing?will it work?

are there other ways of doing it?.. i was considering buying a bottle of turtlewax windscreen and trying it my own ? has any body tried

or is there a another place i can check to get these marks out ?..

thx...

10 answers to this question

I have the same problem.... uver used the vipers, learnt the hard way that one should usually change wiper blades regularly.

Checked with clean Park, it costs 8,000/- upwards...!! I tried the wax too.. not much of an improvement though, I guess you need to use a dry wax, some sort of a compound.

Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers.

Jst out of curiorsity, what car do u drive...? is it something to do wit ur screen name?

hey thx bugatti .. guess kleenparks out then?,, so i shouldnt go ahead with d turtlewax then?.. is there anyother place that i can check ?.. wat did u mean by a dry wax ?.. any thing specific u can mention tat i can try out.. i js dont like these small blade marks.. n Don i have no idea about using dry wax but kleen park totally buffs out the glass using milky waxes

thx

Sorry for the Typo...

What I meant was compound.. wax will only make the surface smooth, it'll help in a better wipe, but will not get rid of the scratch marks.

If all fails, my last resort will be to pay a visit to clean park and get it sorted.

The thought did cross my mind... but will the new installation look good as the original.. then there's the beedings to think about, how much will theuy cost.

what about the rear view mirror..? mine is glued to the glass, and then registration sticker.. do u have to get a new one?

8k does feel a pinch, but it might be less of a hassel..

The thought did cross my mind... but will the new installation look good as the original.. then there's the beedings to think about, how much will theuy cost.

what about the rear view mirror..? mine is glued to the glass, and then registration sticker.. do u have to get a new one?

Yes true, didn't think about all those complications !

and when you are getting new wiper blades make sure you get the all around rubber ones.. these are pretty good and lasts much more longer than the regular ones.. becuase the regular ones have a a steal bar going in the middle and in extream heat this stiffs up the rubber causing it to streak the glass...

but be warned the these wiper blades costs a bit more...

I did the same thing to my earlier car (Nissan Sunny) it was cost abt 12K. However the driver claimed it from the Insurance company. Didn't know how he did. It worked very well like the original.

replacing the screen seems a bit extreme for this cos i think its minor but i js dont like marks around.. n this is my second glass but have to comment they did a real good job in fixing it ..they gave me the option of the original or one from some other country but the quality difference showed..lucky i went for the original.but the new glass did not have the original tint the car came with and it sucks cos i cant get that green shine in front anymore,, n when i asked for the 3m windscreen tint i considered it too be a little too much....anyway insurance paid for my glass ..if i try out a wax ill let ul know the results... is compound safe on glass?