• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru Air-flow Sensor Needed

Duncan

Question

Hi guys

Need some help.

I have a Subaru WRX GT Wagon (see picture). This was a direct import from Japan.

I am in desparate need of a air-flow sensor for this and since this is an import no spares available locally. Local dealers only support models that came through the local factories :(

Can anyone tell me where I can get it in SL and howmuch it could cost?

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

dti7622tv9.jpg

8 answers to this question

If you have no luck in anyone being able to help, you can always go to a JDM auction. Unfortunately it's in Japanese so you'll need someone who can translate it for you. Here is a link with search function for WRX and see if they have the part that you're looking for. If you find it, point the part out to me and I'll pick it up for you while I'm there next week and throw it in the mail for you. Good luck.

http://search1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/sea...=0jp&acc=jp

Edited by Mani

Thanks guys for all the help. Much appreciated.

I managed to get a friend in the UK to source it for me.

One more thing though.........will the AF sensor in the Legacy (1997) also work? They all had the EJ20 motor, so thought it might just be the same.

Cheers

Thanks guys for all the help. Much appreciated.

I managed to get a friend in the UK to source it for me.

One more thing though.........will the AF sensor in the Legacy (1997) also work? They all had the EJ20 motor, so thought it might just be the same.

Cheers

whats the color of the sticker pasted side of the AF ?

Cheers

If i'm not mistaken, the '97 Legacy (or WRX for that matter) had a type 1 Boxer engine. The Intercooler (and consequently, the plumbing for the air filter/hoses) are slightly different from the Type 2.

Best to find out which engine yours is: If it hasn't been modified, the intercooler sits at a slight angle to the right side of the engine bay and the spark wire distributor pod is also to the right side of the intake manifold. What year is your car?