• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clutch Fluid Leak

monty

Question

Hi Guys,

I seem to have a problem with my vehicle's clutch since yesterday. At times when the car is idling, when I pedal the clutch to the bottom and release it, the pedal does not release back to its normal position and gets stuck midway through. (I have to pull it back up with my leg :unsure: ). The clutch releases fine during gear changes when the car is on the move and gear transitions also seems to be all fine and smooth. I checked the clutch fluid and realized that the level had gone down, so had it topped-up. Soon after, I realized that some fluid had leaked out to the carpet through the area where the clutch pedal is. Need some help from you guys on this one.

Thanks Guys !

monty :jumping-smiley-013:

8 answers to this question

there are some rubber seals need to replace, not a big issue, but go to a garage and do the repair work ASAP cus when u driving if all the oil goes u in big trouble

Thanks GihanFX...I'll check on the seals...is there a specific name for these seals?...or just that I could ask for them as clutch rubber seals?

Thanks again!

@ gfx, I assume your reffering to the clutch pump repair kit?

yes machan but his car oil leek is on the inside so i think he dont need to replace all the stuff including the copper thing (dont know the name) and he only need to replace the inside rubber seal, anyway the garage person tell him whats need to replace,

Thanks GihanFX...I'll check on the seals...is there a specific name for these seals?...or just that I could ask for them as clutch rubber seals?

Thanks again!

First of all take the car to a garage and he will tell u what to buy and where to buy etc, its not a DIY job

Hi Guys,

I seem to have a problem with my vehicle's clutch since yesterday. At times when the car is idling, when I pedal the clutch to the bottom and release it, the pedal does not release back to its normal position and gets stuck midway through. (I have to pull it back up with my leg :unsure: ). The clutch releases fine during gear changes when the car is on the move and gear transitions also seems to be all fine and smooth. I checked the clutch fluid and realized that the level had gone down, so had it topped-up. Soon after, I realized that some fluid had leaked out to the carpet through the area where the clutch pedal is. Need some help from you guys on this one.

Thanks Guys !

Hi,

Well as Gihan has suggested take the car to a reputed garrage and get it repaired with the clutch pump repair kit.

just note on rare occasions the repair kit itself might not be enough and you might have to recondition the clutch pump cylinder assembly

Hi,

Well as Gihan has suggested take the car to a reputed garrage and get it repaired with the clutch pump repair kit.

just note on rare occasions the repair kit itself might not be enough and you might have to recondition the clutch pump cylinder assembly

Hi,

from what monty has said it sounds like the clutch master cylinder. as everyone says the best thing is take it to a reputed garage its not going to be a big deal to replace the seals.