• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reckless Driving…

sltcdma

A Colombo bound private bus from Matara collided head on with a lorry at Potupitiya, Waddua on Galle road in the early hours of today causing injuries to 12 persons, including the drivers of the two vehicles. Four passengers are said to be in serious condition.

PICS

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=24304

I myself a frequent driver to matara on numerous occasions have witnessed how arrogant these bus drivers are.

personally if there was no karma and no death sentence for road rage killings and if i had 9mm piston i would have at least gun down 20 bus drivers for the past 2-3 years.

we in our small cars are helpless in front of these mammoths. these drivers should be burnt alive.

i saw a accident just in front of me around 6 months back in panadura where a matara colombo bus went over 50 year old motorcyclist and both his legs broke because he was crushed between the bus and steel fence near the Panadura Junction in middle of the town.

Sad but what to do, somehow the driver got the days earning from the pedestrians of panadura.

yap bus morons r no good ... for few rupeees they hand over all the passengers and by standers to the jaws of death ... even i had bad experence with public transport when we were schooling a bus driver drove over a girls legs .... at nugegoda cos the bus was over loaded and she just lost grip of the poles and fell down from the front door and was draged under ...

and this buggers when they r coming we should all move away and give them room to drive by as if they were born from some other place rather than all humans r born from

and i really do like to see padestrians taking the law into their own hands against this morons who drive as they own the roads .....

and usrely i wouldn't be hesitating for even 1 Sec to beat up one of those morons . hell yah :angry-smiley-048:

The only thing we can do is to beat these buggers up whenever we get the chance. For them, there is no value to the life of others. Simply because they are safe inside those thick steel boxes (I mean buses), they think they can drive on top of anything, and they infact do!. I also would not hesitate to give the maximum possible beating if I ever get the opportunity.

By the way as usual all our governments and police are dead asleep.

The only thing we can do is to beat these buggers up whenever we get the chance. For them, there is no value to the life of others. Simply because they are safe inside those thick steel boxes (I mean buses), they think they can drive on top of anything, and they infact do!. I also would not hesitate to give the maximum possible beating if I ever get the opportunity.

By the way as usual all our governments and police are dead asleep.

Well the only advantage these buses have is height over things like cars which means the point of impact is usually low and concentrated on the stronger chassy area !

The bodies on these buses are flimsy ! and I do not think people will have a very good chance of survival (especially the driver) on a full on impact with a stationary object like a wall, or a vehicle taller than a car ! so their invincibility is a myth !

Just look at the wrecked buses in accident ! The body just collapses completely ! These vehicles were never tested for safety, passenger or driver !

Well the only advantage these buses have is height over things like cars which means the point of impact is usually low and concentrated on the stronger chassy area !

The bodies on these buses are flimsy ! and I do not think people will have a very good chance of survival (especially the driver) on a full on impact with a stationary object like a wall, or a vehicle taller than a car ! so their invincibility is a myth !

Just look at the wrecked buses in accident ! The body just collapses completely ! These vehicles were never tested for safety, passenger or driver !

Yes the bus body structure is not built to safeguard the passenger in case of an accident, even the interior is so badly put together: i.e the windows and seats which can badly injure passengers in a collision or a in the event of sudden braking.

I really do hate the bus drivers and their attitude when it comes to driving peacefully on the road, I have come across many occasion where they do not look around when pulling out of a bus halt or approaching a main road, if you aint carefull you might end up under him. But the situ is different if you have something like a big SUV that commands attention (I wanted to say something like a Defender, but others also have the edge) and you really do need to use the horn to scare the fellows into thinking that your some V*P and chances are that he'll not cross your way.

Well its not just the bus drivers and fast drivers, last Saturday I came across this Sunny on Duplication doing about 20kmph (am not lying he was that slow) and there was no one in front of him, so I tried many a time to overtake the fellow seeing the Dickman road lights just became green but he was so stubborn as to not let anyone pass him and slowed a lot more and people behind me also started honking he approached the turn veyr slowly and I doubt if anyone else had the opportunity to make the turn before the lights became green.

Then suddenly he picks up speed upto about 40 but still keeping to the middle, with great bit of difficulty I overtook him and stopped near the traffic lights wher you get to high level. He slowly pulled up behind the last vehicle and stopped right on the middle of the road so no one could go past him again. Boy these sort of guys really do irritate me and that in case of some other person would have led to reckless driving and maybe an accident.

Then comes the Three wheeler fellows who really do not care one bit about the other people using the road. Most of the time during a traffic block they will thread their way through small openings barely accessible and get in front of you and keep going slowly when the traffic eases up.

I think they should evaluate not just the person according to the driving test but also with regard to what he is driving and what his mentality is, or else there will be more serious accidents.

Hi friends,

I too have experianced several incidence like this. Once when I was driving from Galle to Colombo, a bus can straight infront of the car, on the wrong side. my wife & my small sone were in the car. For one second we thought this is our last day to live. Fortunately I was able to turn to the car towards to the beach & had a narrow escape. I also felt like chasing behind the bus & burn the driver alive. But we cannot do such things.

I believe you would have seen the private buses racing in the Galle road, not bothered about about the colour lights.(between Moratuwa & fort) in the heavy traffic. The traffic police does nothing about it. I realy wonder why? I am sure if the traffic police can be strict, this can be avoided.

Do you think bringing this matter to any high authorities will solve this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for late contribution, but I'm a person who has lot to say about bus drivers and their reckless driving and more importantly lessons taught the buggers. I do teach a lesson every time (I repeat every time) I encounter with a maniac bus fellow. I never let a bugger escape me or even if I see a bus fellow is doing or done something wrong to a fellow motorist on the road, I do get the revenge from the fellow. Call me insane, but still what i believe is if law is not taking care of disciplinary driving of these killers, people should teach them how to behave. I've knocked my own vehicle about 2 times for the last 8 years or so but I never regret that two occasions despite the fact that i might have saved at least couple of lives.

and there are many incidences I used the 119 and 118 service to stop these buggers and handed over them to the nearest police station. Last incident was at Boralesgamuwa, 2 months back. That is for the extreme conditions. Frankly I use the brand I drive a bit, but the fact is that there are many brands with us which we can use to impersonate and scare these buggers out. specially the fellows who drives SUVs and some Lancer GLX blue color cars, Trad Sunny 15 sri range, N16 GI range. All these vehicles are used by officers of all three forces and police for that matter. Use it a bit and call 119 to even prove it :)