• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Singapore F1

srajendr

Anyone heading to Singapore for the F1? Still some race tickets available for the grandstands and plenty available for the walkabout areas. Will be getting the air tickets sorted out within the next day & heading over to be at the first ever night race. Need to do some research on the hotels though. Any idea/thoughts would be appreciated.

Anyone heading to Singapore for the F1? Still some race tickets available for the grandstands and plenty available for the walkabout areas. Will be getting the air tickets sorted out within the next day & heading over to be at the first ever night race. Need to do some research on the hotels though. Any idea/thoughts would be appreciated.

Hmm Singapore, very easy to find places and Hotels, there are many gud quality not that expensive hotels avilable, let me know the area u want to stay then i may able to help to find a Hotel

Hmm Singapore, very easy to find places and Hotels, there are many gud quality not that expensive hotels avilable, let me know the area u want to stay then i may able to help to find a Hotel

Never been to Singapore before, want to be close enough to the circuit park, near the bay where the race would be. Also, need to check out some phone, so close to the electronics shopping too. But I guess Singapore is fairly a small place and getting about shouldn't be an issue. Where would you recommend?

Never been to Singapore before, want to be close enough to the circuit park, near the bay where the race would be. Also, need to check out some phone, so close to the electronics shopping too. But I guess Singapore is fairly a small place and getting about shouldn't be an issue. Where would you recommend?

There is a very gud hotel called Tai Hoe near Mustafa Center and per Night they charge 80 to 90 Spore$, for Electronic and computer stuff go to Sim Lim Square and to buy phones there is a small shop called Neranjan, if u ask from someone can find the place, anyway there are much more cheeper places for phones etc but bit hard to find, if u want to know about extra things mail me :rolleyes:

There is a very gud hotel called Tai Hoe near Mustafa Center and per Night they charge 80 to 90 Spore$

Tai Hoe is highly recommended as my parents stay there during their twice a year trips to Singapore. Now the rate for double i think is 90S$+ ...

Any where in singapore u can stay because distance is not a matter maximum is 25 km here and there. 20 min. drive. There is a place at Pasir panjan road and the name is pasir panjan inn. The rates few months ago only 60 sin $ for double room and fairly ok. :)

Guys bear in mind that Singapore city is not going to be the same you and I understand for F1.

With well over hundred thousand tickets already sold and expected spectator capacity of thrice that amount for all three days, and 65-70% long distance visiting spectators are anticipated ,Finding a place to stay is a little more essential than hunting an entry ticket.

MINIACE

well, be warned as abundant as S'pore is with hotels there's a good change that it'll all be booked up fast simply because of the S'pore F1s...

As for hotels close to the race track well, i hear those rooms as selling a high as $1000 on race weekend... afterall, when there's that much demand a hotel owner would be a fool NOT to raise prices... and anyway those are area the race goes through has like the 5 star hotels.. best bet is to find something in the Little India, chinatown areas since its much cheaper there and much better if you plan to do phone/camera electronics shopping.. and get yourself a EZ-Link card cos it gives you a LOT of flexibility (and a bit cheaper too) in using public transport (as opposed to buying individual tickets for each trip)...

Maybe if there's a whole bunch of you traveling together you can get a good deal at a hotel... as I know i think Dev_Z is planning on heading this way for it too....

and if you can spare the time, do stay a bit longer if you can because the S'pore motor show also begins on the 26th of Sep and goes on till the 5th of Oct. (http://www.motorshow.com.sg/2008/main.php?p=) its worth staying on a day or 2 more if you're coming all the way here :).. if its anything like what it was last time (2006) it's gonna be awesome!!

and well, let me know if you guys are coming.. maybe we can setup a a AL meet in S'pore :D

dsc0003iu7.th.jpg dsc0007dr0.th.jpg dsc0005mt8.th.jpg dsc0035uz1.th.jpg

s'pore prepping for F1... note the rails above the street.. that's light mountings.. and your seats :) and the fencing to prevent Hamilton driving right into our poor faces :D

Hey Dilesh - thx for the pics. Couple of places I'm looking at are near Bugis... which from the looks of the map are pretty close to the track. There still are many place availalbe in Geylang, not sure I want to stay there though. However, really just need a clean, safe place to sleep and where my bags will be safe. The motorshow sounds like a great idea. Hopefully, I can get everything arranged before the race.

Hey Dilesh - thx for the pics. Couple of places I'm looking at are near Bugis... which from the looks of the map are pretty close to the track. There still are many place availalbe in Geylang, not sure I want to stay there though. However, really just need a clean, safe place to sleep and where my bags will be safe. The motorshow sounds like a great idea. Hopefully, I can get everything arranged before the race.

bugis is i guess a OK balance between quality and price... geylang isnt UNSAFE... just that its a different kind of neighborhood ;)

geylang is actually famous for 2 reasons.... prostitution & food... I dont think they're related but thats the story.... and prostitution being legal in s'pore, its not a big deal and there's quite some strict regulations etc on the workers in the formerly-mentioned industry. so its not exactly the area you can stay with if you're travelling with family.. but if you're a single traverler or with some friends shouldn't be that much of an issue... plus the food there is supposed to be some of the best is all of S'pore. i dont know personally cos i havent been to geylang :D