• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Transmission Fault Codes

xlr8r

Question

Hi,

I'm having a Nissan bluebird car with new model (i.e. with coil pack) 1.8 engine. Recently the auto gear is acting strange. When i start for the first time it will not shift to 1 n 2 its stuck on 3rd n starts to move slowly. Once on the move if i off the engine n start again gear works fine n normal. Some times the O/D light keeps blinking about 15 blinks n stops. Has any1 else have experienced this problem?

I heard that with the O/D light u can diagnose problems. Does any1 know how to obtaining auto transmission fault codes?

Thanks,

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm having a Nissan bluebird car with new model (i.e. with coil pack) 1.8 engine. Recently the auto gear is acting strange. When i start for the first time it will not shift to 1 n 2 its stuck on 3rd n starts to move slowly. Once on the move if i off the engine n start again gear works fine n normal. Some times the O/D light keeps blinking about 15 blinks n stops. Has any1 else have experienced this problem?

I heard that with the O/D light u can diagnose problems. Does any1 know how to obtaining auto transmission fault codes?

Thanks,

Take the car to A*W, and let them diagnose the problem. It sounds like an electronic problem rather than a mechanical one.

Hey guys, tnx for your replies. But as usual our so called experts check all worst cases before checking the minor things.

I showed it to a guy who tunes racing cars he took 2 days n told check transmission oil n else need to remove the gearbox n see. Then i showed it to a guy at A*W he said the solenoid needs to be replaced (which would cost 20k).

Just before i do what they told, i just downloaded the service manual n checked. To my surprise the blinking O/D error code is for LOW BATTERY POWER. Changed the battery it works perfect.

Well i guess our experts need to look in to smaller details before they dig in. Or maybe they knew n tried to rip me off <_<

Edited by xlr8r

Hey guys, tnx for your replies. But as usual our so called experts check all worst cases before checking the minor things.

I showed it to a guy who tunes racing cars he took 2 days n told check transmission oil n else need to remove the gearbox n see. Then i showed it to a guy at A*W he said the solenoid needs to be replaced (which would cost 20k).

Just before i do what they told, i just downloaded the service manual n checked. To my surprise the blinking O/D error code is for LOW BATTERY POWER. Changed the battery it works perfect.

Well i guess our experts need to look in to smaller details before they dig in. Or maybe they knew n tried to rip me off <_<

Dude, My congratulations on saving few thousands of rupees thanks to your clever mind, finally :jumping-smiley-013: . By the way, bro, from where did you download the service manual of your car? Im also looking to find the service manual of my toyota so please can you tell me from where did you download it and was it free? If it is convenient to you, please drop me a mail to [email protected] with the web site or whatever way you used to get it downloaded.

I appreciate your help very much.

Thanks

Edited by Car Maniac