• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Octane You Use??

Kim

Octane grade of fuel you are using?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Pls Vote below:

• 95 Oct
    • 90 Oct

Question

• Answers 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Experienced better performance with 95 in my N16 (QG10).

It adds about 1.5 km per ltr in the city totaling to about 10 km per ltr along with better performance. Obiously some more in outstation.

CH3 is Benzene... isn't it..?? I was referring to Methane.

Going a bit OT... but which of the two is better..? for mixing with gasoline. And what is the % that should be mixed.

u can buy Toluene from bank-shoal street Pettah, shop name is Hendricks and sons, first put one gallon of toluene for a full thank of fuel and see

CH3 is Benzene... isn't it..?? I was referring to Methane.

Going a bit OT... but which of the two is better..? for mixing with gasoline. And what is the % that should be mixed.

Machan, do not use Benzine it is highly carcinogenic. You will be the first guy who is affected. :jumping-smiley-013:

Machan, do not use Benzine it is highly carcinogenic. You will be the first guy who is affected. :jumping-smiley-013:

How can one get effected..? unless inhaled directly. It's not like I'm gonna stick my nose up the tail pipe :lol: Also, doesn't Gasoline contain Benzene..??

Well, if you'd drive a bit slower... probably I could get close enough to read it... :P What does it say, anyway..?

i always drive slow :) ,

" IF u can read this u wll be dead by tomorrow"

"WARNING, inhalation of toluene causes death"

Edited by GihanFX

How can one get effected..? unless inhaled directly. It's not like I'm gonna stick my nose up the tail pipe :lol: Also, doesn't Gasoline contain Benzene..??

I have worked in Benzine manufacturing plants abroad. I have been educated how toxic they are.

Even in hailing when you loading in to tank, vehicle fumes inside your garage will slowly kill you. Also think a bit about the atmosphere and the others. :violent-smiley-030:

I have worked in Benzine manufacturing plants abroad. I have been educated how toxic they are.

Even in hailing when you loading in to tank, vehicle fumes inside your garage will slowly kill you. Also think a bit about the atmosphere and the others. :violent-smiley-030:

You make me feel guilty.... is there a substitute to Benzene??

kind of a stupid question this may be, but i gotta ask:

if its harmful why is it allowed through customs? (kinda makes the whole emissions test a joke)

And what else do you use benzene/toluene for in a Sri Lankan context besides boosting obtain levels on automobiles?

kind of a stupid question this may be, but i gotta ask:

if its harmful why is it allowed through customs? (kinda makes the whole emissions test a joke)

And what else do you use benzene/toluene for in a Sri Lankan context besides boosting obtain levels on automobiles?

LOL!! its used in the construction industry to mix paint- its also an industrial chemical :) even normal fuel has a level of benzene mixed in..