• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz upgrade

Havishka Halangoda

Question

Hi all, 

I have a Vitz (KSP 90) YOM 2010, 1000cc engine vehicle. I need to know if I can can replace my Speedo meter with the meter that comes with the RPM meter. The current version I have doesn’t have a RPM meter. Below is the meter that I need to get as a replacement if it is possible.

IMG_2327.png

6 answers to this question

I have a vitz (KSP 90) YOM 2010. 1000cc engine. I need to know whether It’s possible to replace my A/C control unit with the automatic climate control unit. Currently my A/C control unit is a basic one. Below is the replacement unit that I’m referring Can anyone give me an advice?

IMG_2326.png

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Havishka Halangoda said:

Hi all, 

I have a Vitz (KSP 90) YOM 2010, 1000cc engine vehicle. I need to know if I can can replace my Speedo meter with the meter that comes with the RPM meter. The current version I have doesn’t have a RPM meter. Below is the meter that I need to get as a replacement if it is possible.

IMG_2327.png

As far as I know the unit with the tachometer is plug and play you shouldn't have any issues. I saw a post on the Vitz facebook page where one had done the swap without any issues.

The image of the unit you have posted seems to be one belonging to the pre-facelift, the facelift versions came with an orange backlight.

You'll have to adjust the Odometer reading to your new unit, shouldn't have any issues regarding that since Sri Lankans are wizards when it comes to mileage 😜

Converting your A/C from manual to automatic won't be simple as replacing just the front panel. Our experts will comment on that. My suggestion is to keep it as it is and save that money to service the A/C or for a new compressor based on the mileage (Vitz compressors tend to pack up when racking up the miles).

Edited by RusT
  • Thanks 1

Speedo meter swap should be pretty straight-forward as the harness should already have the required wiring, etc...

As for the AC...not that easy...you will need to install everything from the sensors and (not sure about the Vitz but in some cars) even things like the actual blower unit and the compressor, etc...does the auto AC unit in the Vitz have auto switching vents (like automatically switch the vents depending on the mode you select, etc..)? In which case you might have to replace the inner flaps for the vents with the ones that have the motorized controls. So you might have to buy the entire AC unit from a Vitz that had auto AC.

If you are looking at ways to give your car a newer feel....perhaps you could do things like improve the suspension, brakes, wheels, stereo system, etc... 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Havishka Halangoda said:

@RusT Thanks for the suggestions from whom should I get this speedometer change? Is it possible to buy this in Sri Lanka? 

You can check the spare parts joints in Delkanda, or Gampaha areas. People post these in the Facebook pages as well, check the Vitz Facebook page and Rap** R** Ra**** Facebook pages.

• Thanks 1