• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Octane You Use??

Kim

Octane grade of fuel you are using?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Pls Vote below:

• 95 Oct
    • 90 Oct

Question

• Answers 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mixed ?? share the results pls.. u mean half 90 and half 95? is it ?

I am using 95 on my allion and it does 12 kmpl.. and 90 on my march 1.3 and it does only 8 kmpl..

i dont feel any difference between performance as i pumped 95 on march before, so i shifted to 90..

I am using 95 on my allion and it does 12 kmpl.. and 90 on my march 1.3 and it does only 8 kmpl..

i dont feel any difference between performance as i pumped 95 on march before, so i shifted to 90..

y using 95 for ur allion? have they specified to use 95 OCT for it ?? :rolleyes:

Well.... 95 when you have money ,90 when you dont :action-smiley-060: !!!

MINIACE

hmmmmm...is it so..? :P

as i have heard, if u pump 95 or 90 u just continue with it, and no point in mixing in between..

y using 95 for ur allion? have they specified to use 95 OCT for it ?? :rolleyes:

that is a good question...

well.. when i bought the car i immediately went for a service at the agents and ive been told to use 95 to get better fuel consumption on vvti engines. and for less maintenance too.

Edited by neasmh

that is a good question...

well.. when i bought the car i immediately went for a service at the agents and ive been told to use 95 to get better fuel consumption on vvti engines. and for less maintenance too.

hmmmm, I use 95 too. This is basically continuing on from what the previous owner used to put in,

but is there really a difference in the two? :unsure: or is it only the price? :rolleyes:

I've heard many stories, from "Yes you have to because its a better grade of fuel" to "Don't bother with 95, its as full of impurities as the 90".......

One other thing i've been told is that a once in a while mix is also good for the engine...............go figure.

All my previous cars were run on 90, but then to really tell a difference if any I guess I should try the current one on 90.

I remember, when my aunt bought a ford a while back, DPMC recommended that she use 95. This they said was better for the engine in the long run, economy etc etc..........simmilar to what neasmh says above.

question is.......does it actually work?

My car with 95 does 9 km/l.

With 90 it does 10.5 km/l :)

used to pump 95 even for the bikes until they jacked up the price creating a larger gap etween the variants...

used to pump 90 right afterward but now upgraded to 95 again cos i don't have to pay for it anymore :)

same story here as well. when there is less gap between 90 and 95 i used to pump 95. now 90 only. there's a slight difference between two when comparin the fuel consumption. but anyway VVT-i engines designed to use with regular gasoline higher than 80 Octane. this i came up with Engine Manual for 1ZZ-FE Engine.

Edited by Ruslan

same story here as well. when there is less gap between 90 and 95 i used to pump 95. now 90 only. there's a slight difference between two when comparin the fuel consumption. but anyway VVT-i engines designed to use with regular gasoline higher than 80 Octane. this i came up with Engine Manual for 1ZZ-FE Engine.

r u really sure about this? whats the car u use? and hows its fuel consumption?

r u really sure about this? whats the car u use? and hows its fuel consumption?

It's a Corolla Luxel 122 with 1.8Litre 1ZZ-FE.im normally getting 9-10Kmpl figures in Town and 16 17 outstation cruising (below 3000Rpm). this is of course with 90 Octane. once, i got 18Kmpl with 95 Octane (Driving from Maharagama to Embilipitiya at night). that's the best i got from this car.

Edited by Ruslan

hmmmm, I use 95 too. This is basically continuing on from what the previous owner used to put in,

but is there really a difference in the two? :unsure: or is it only the price? :rolleyes:

I've heard many stories, from "Yes you have to because its a better grade of fuel" to "Don't bother with 95, its as full of impurities as the 90".......

One other thing i've been told is that a once in a while mix is also good for the engine...............go figure.

All my previous cars were run on 90, but then to really tell a difference if any I guess I should try the current one on 90.

I remember, when my aunt bought a ford a while back, DPMC recommended that she use 95. This they said was better for the engine in the long run, economy etc etc..........simmilar to what neasmh says above.

question is.......does it actually work?

yup, thats the same issue that i am having..having read and understood the fact that 'unless the car demands a better fuel' don't pay for a premium fuel, unnecessarily :rolleyes: sooner i will be switching to a car having VVT-i (toyota) so, i need to decide on it now it self, as to which i am gonna pump from the start, as it has never been used in SL yet..

also, if the prices go up again, first they had a difference of 3, now its 13, and next who knows how much the difference will be? and having to pay the premium charge, unless having a worth-while point, bothers me a lot, :unsure:

yeh, no one pays for my fuel, and unfortunately what i earn for now is no big deal, and can be packed in the pocket at once :P

It's a Corolla Luxel 122 with 1.8Litre 1ZZ-FE.im normally getting 9-10Kmpl figures in Town and 16 17 outstation cruising (below 3000Rpm). this is of course with 90 Octane. once, i got 18Kmpl with 95 Octane (Driving from Maharagama to Embilipitiya at night). that's the best i got from this car.

interesting, i have been hearing these 1.8 VVT-i are amazing on fuel on longer trips that is :D

so being used both 95 and 90, do u notice any' difference now??

- i really appreciated if an expert can shed some light here - :rolleyes:

interesting, i have been hearing these 1.8 VVT-i are amazing on fuel on longer trips that is :D

so being used both 95 and 90, do u notice any' difference now??

- i really appreciated if an expert can shed some light here - :rolleyes:

I guess it only affects on long trips. not much in driving around Cities i suppose. herd someone in the forum say that 95 is got more impurities than 90 :blink: can anybody confirm this report. if it's true, it's scary!

Edited by Ruslan

oh..whats the car u use ?

I guess the car in Arc's signature might give a hint... :P

Coming back to the topic, like most who have replied to this thread, I also use a mix of 90 and 95 depending on my savings level. I'm not too sure whether the octane rating has as big an effect on NA vehicles as it does on vehicles with forced induction. But there is a 'smoothness' across the rev range when running on 95.

Edited by Optimus Prime

I guess it only affects on long trips. not much in driving around Cities i suppose. herd someone in the forum say that 95 is got more impurities than 90 :blink: can anybody confirm this report. if it's true, it's scary!

Yeah, I think that was MadMax. Anyway, the number is a indicator of octain content, not quality of fuel.