• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sldf Needs Bottled Water

VVTi

Hi All....

Hope the admins won't mind this.....

Ripper and I are going on a collection drive to get as many mineral water bottles. If any of you want to contribute or start collecting on your own, please do so. Once we have a fair amount collected we can drive over to Kuruwita and hand them over to Capt. Isuru of the GR!

This is legit and I have checked the authenticity.

Please help in any way you can... this is for ALL OF US!!!

********************************************************************************

Dear Sir / Madam,

Sri Lanka Army Gamunu regiment urgently needs water bottles to send to army troops in Punarin front line.

You can collect water bottles as much as you / your organization can and inform us. We can come to your place and collect it.

If you willing to Help them, Please contact:

Cpt. Isuru De Alwis, Gamunu Regiment Centre, Kuruwita, Rathnapura.

Telephone: 071 – 6890512, 045 – 2262206, 045 – 2262204

Exchange: 045 – 2262278

Fax: 045 – 2262438

Thank You

Lets get behind this guys and get something done. after all these folks are laying their lives down so folks like us can drive around in Colombo in relative safety...

Lets give something for those who are giving everything to this country...

VVTI and I will be driving to Kuruwita hopefully fully loaded with water bottles :)

anybody else willing to join in and contribute please jump in...

You can drop in water bottles at my office in Colombo 3 tomorrow... I'd assume VVTI too can store bottles in his office in Colombo 3.

If the deadline is too short... You can call up the numbers given here and arrange something with the military folks.

Please spread the word :)

Hi Guyes,

I got this email today, hope this is correct.

"

Good morning everyone,

Today morning I got a message from Cpt. Isuru saying that during last two days few donors provided huge amount of water bottles to be distributed among soldiers in north battle front. But still expects our extensive support in future, and they are going to announce whenever needed.

So be prepared to help them @ their call.

Thank you so much for everyone who extended their willingness to support the ones who are fighting for us.

Thanks and BR

Wasantha

"

But lets try to do something for them. they give their life for us. !!

Lets get behind this guys and get something done. after all these folks are laying their lives down so folks like us can drive around in Colombo in relative safety...

Lets give something for those who are giving everything to this country...

VVTI and I will be driving to Kuruwita hopefully fully loaded with water bottles :)

anybody else willing to join in and contribute please jump in...

You can drop in water bottles at my office in Colombo 3 tomorrow... I'd assume VVTI too can store bottles in his office in Colombo 3.

If the deadline is too short... You can call up the numbers given here and arrange something with the military folks.

Please spread the word :)

If you want any delivery vehicle let me know

:)

thanks Dims :) appreciate it :)

Hoping to collect lotsa bottles...lets see how it goes...

So far from AL it's a Luke warm response :(

Wow!!! The patriotism in the forum is overwhelming!!!

Hey guys.... free petrol/diesel and a Performance Chip for ever 100 Litres of water collected.... anyone interested even then at least?

Wow!!! The patriotism in the forum is overwhelming!!!

Hey guys.... free petrol/diesel and a Performance Chip for ever 100 Litres of water collected.... anyone interested even then at least?

oh well.. at least we tried :)

oh well.. at least we tried :)

well Ripper, fortunately it seems (according to podilamaya) the public has responded well and they seem to have enough supplied at least for the time being, though more will probably be required soon.

I would have loved to have helped but distance prevents me from being an active participant in these type of endeavours.

Also it might be good to liaise with the Army logistical corps on these matters and if I'm not mistaken they are based in Slave Island. This is not to reflect badly on the good Cpt Isuru or any officer within the armed forces but if I learned one thing in the aftermath of the Tsunami disaster relief effort (of which I was an active participant) is that these type of needs need to be coordinated and coordinated well else there is wastage and lost benefit.

well Ripper, fortunately it seems (according to podilamaya) the public has responded well and they seem to have enough supplied at least for the time being, though more will probably be required soon.

I would have loved to have helped but distance prevents me from being an active participant in these type of endeavours.

Also it might be good to liaise with the Army logistical corps on these matters and if I'm not mistaken they are based in Slave Island. This is not to reflect badly on the good Cpt Isuru or any officer within the armed forces but if I learned one thing in the aftermath of the Tsunami disaster relief effort (of which I was an active participant) is that these type of needs need to be coordinated and coordinated well else there is wastage and lost benefit.

fair points but to my knowledge VVTI has phoned up cpt Isuru and at the time he hasn't said anything about receiving enough stocks...

I might be wrong on this but that's the impression i was under...

anyways...got a decent response from office folks...will do my part :)

Thanks for the reply and offer mate :)

Good work and effort guys...but unfortunately I am in the same situ as don is. Distant matters.

ANy way just a thought that came into my mind. I read in newspapers that few hundred army guys who were in a training camp were poisoned with cyanide. Apparently they have had a poisoned breakfast. I strongly suspect LTTE for this.

If a bloody LTTE culprit donate some poisoned water bottles the outcome would be serious ! Do the SLA maintain any kind of a quality check mechanism.

Any way it was just my personal thought. Thumbs up for all the guys who think about our land and took the effort for this.

Good work and effort guys...but unfortunately I am in the same situ as don is. Distant matters.

ANy way just a thought that came into my mind. I read in newspapers that few hundred army guys who were in a training camp were poisoned with cyanide. Apparently they have had a poisoned breakfast. I strongly suspect LTTE for this.

If a bloody LTTE culprit donate some poisoned water bottles the outcome would be serious ! Do the SLA maintain any kind of a quality check mechanism.

Any way it was just my personal thought. Thumbs up for all the guys who think about our land and took the effort for this.

on the poisoning thing...what i heard was that the fish the base was supplied with had been laced with Cn...

So if military suppliers themselves are not safe...pretty much everything is not going to be 100% safe...

We're trying to get these from friends and their contacts so there's some form of inherent quality control... hopefully no one will sink so low to poison bottled water too :(

on the poisoning thing...what i heard was that the fish the base was supplied with had been laced with Cn...

So if military suppliers themselves are not safe...pretty much everything is not going to be 100% safe...

We're trying to get these from friends and their contacts so there's some form of inherent quality control... hopefully no one will sink so low to poison bottled water too :(

hay Ripper e-mail me your office address i'll drop by with some water bottles. Better if u can mention the preferred sizes.

drop a mail to [email protected] or post it in the forum itself.

hay Ripper e-mail me your office address i'll drop by with some water bottles. Better if u can mention the preferred sizes.

drop a mail to [email protected] or post it in the forum itself.

Thanks Madz :)

I think VVTI has already emailed you...

My office is @ 379 R.A. De Mel Mw. Col-3...

I think they are looking for bottles that can be carried by troopers as they operate so it's 1.5litre and 1litre...

Couple of my friends have bought 500ml in larger quantities cos apparently they get a discount on those...

Good drive Ripper...

But I find it rather disturbing that the Govt. does not have enough funds to supply our Soldiers with the required water. After all it is this Govt that boasts everyday that's its making inroads in the war and doing massive development projects. Rather amusing that they do not have funds for the essentials. Just today they announced a 10 billion rupee project to put up a transmitting tower in Paliayagoda. I mean what the hell is going on??

i was just thinking of the same bro. i think the LTTE got trying to poison some of our soldiers.

hope they have some mechanism check these.

Dims,

[whats the closing date]

well we were initially thinking of collecting till tomorrow and driving the stocks to Kuruwita. VVTI was told that SLDF folks are willing to come and pick em up and save us the drive there. Maybe we can extend it till Monday...

VVTI...what do you think mate???

On the poisoning thing... mostly we get these stuff collected from personal contacts so IMHO the chances of them being laced with poison is very limited. So far most of the stuff i got was bought directly off supermarkes in sealed boxes etc.

If we did the collection with masses and got them to drop it off at a post office etc for example...there can be a higher chance of those being poisoned.

Pila

[but I find it rather disturbing that the Govt. does not have enough funds to supply our Soldiers with the required water.]

yep...was thinking the same. but the hitch is that there is a real problem in those front lines and we are trying to do what little we can to ease the pain to SLDF folks fighting there... I too don't give a rat$ ar$e about what the government is saying day in and day out...especially since we all do know for a fact that some people in higher ups are living quite lavishly... It's that old tale of lighting a candle that cursing the darkness.

Thanks Madz :)

I think VVTI has already emailed you...

My office is @ 379 R.A. De Mel Mw. Col-3...

I think they are looking for bottles that can be carried by troopers as they operate so it's 1.5litre and 1litre...

Couple of my friends have bought 500ml in larger quantities cos apparently they get a discount on those...

Hi Ripper,

Will you be in Office today (Saturday) morning, I'd like to drop some water bottles.

Please call me 777330007 if you need to deliver it to some other location

Podi

Hi Ripper,

Will you be in Office today (Saturday) morning, I'd like to drop some water bottles.

Please call me 777330007 if you need to deliver it to some other location

Podi

thanks mate... you can drop it off monday morning if that's cool with you or VVTI will get in touch with you on this cos i won't be coming in monday morning to work...

gotta take the car to toyota on some urgent TLC :) :)

I'll fire a email to VVTI to give you a call :)

thanks mate... you can drop it off monday morning if that's cool with you or VVTI will get in touch with you on this cos i won't be coming in monday morning to work...

gotta take the car to toyota on some urgent TLC :) :)

I'll fire a email to VVTI to give you a call :)

Thanks a lot guys, from my last count, I think we have 350+ liters of water collected.

With a few more cases yet to be picked up today.

The Army guys wants a final count so they can send the appropriate vehicle later today.

Will keep you all posted.

Great Effort and thanks a lot for coming through on this!!

Thanks a lot guys, from my last count, I think we have 350+ liters of water collected.

With a few more cases yet to be picked up today.

The Army guys wants a final count so they can send the appropriate vehicle later today.

Will keep you all posted.

Great Effort and thanks a lot for coming through on this!!

He he and you nearly lost faith at the begining :)