• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti 800 Cc And Mini Van 650 Cc

niro123

Question

Guys,,

After many years of using a japanese vehicle (starlet GT) i've switched to a maruti 800 cc simply cause of the fuel prices... I'm satisfied with the fuel consumption but not at all with the driving pleasure... Do any of you guys have experience in maintaining a mini van ( buddy van) as i would definitly like to get back to using a japanese vehilce..

The fuel efficiency

Maintenance

All this time i though that according to the Cylinder Capacity to Weight ratio the starlet would deifnitly be better in fuel... but i was wrong... Any comments guys

6 answers to this question

machan niro, pls don't go 4 "batta van" it's real headake for u.i had a Maruti 5speed model car.it belongs to me more than 2 years and i used it to travel from colombo to Trinco each week end cos i got a job in trinco. but driving a 257km in ma maruti is not a problem. pls don't try to compair with u r previous car but with da fuel cost u have to negociate with this i think.but ma advice is pls don't go for batta van it's a real pain.

thank you,

JC

yes batta van is a NO NO... but machang shame about yout GT man... i would have loved to get my hands on one.. did u have the second generation one with the HID's lamps or the previous one.. anywayz u cant compare the two rides.. plus since it was a GT u cant possibly expect as much as a normal starlet.. but still u should have been able to get at least 12 to 13 km per liter with very low boost and modest driving... i am sure this would have been possible..

Guys,,

After many years of using a japanese vehicle (starlet GT) i've switched to a maruti 800 cc simply cause of the fuel prices... I'm satisfied with the fuel consumption but not at all with the driving pleasure... Do any of you guys have experience in maintaining a mini van ( buddy van) as i would definitly like to get back to using a japanese vehilce..

The fuel efficiency

Maintenance

All this time i though that according to the Cylinder Capacity to Weight ratio the starlet would deifnitly be better in fuel... but i was wrong... Any comments guys

again you are going to take wrong decision.

machan niro, pls don't go 4 "batta van" it's real headake for u.i had a Maruti 5speed model car.it belongs to me more than 2 years and i used it to travel from colombo to Trinco each week end cos i got a job in trinco. but driving a 257km in ma maruti is not a problem. pls don't try to compair with u r previous car but with da fuel cost u have to negociate with this i think.but ma advice is pls don't go for batta van it's a real pain.

thank you,

JC

this may be your first vehicle.

this may be your first vehicle.

hammm..... :rolleyes: i am not gone suprice a b u r reply, cos no 1 is telling Maruti is comfortable, but i don't know y it is comfortable for me ne?????? i had a Landcruiser LJ70 at that time, maybe cos of that i think....... hak hak hak

thank you,

JC.