• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Hikups

ThunderBolt

Question

15 answers to this question

FORD LASER 2001 EFI Manual

Check plugs , as sometimes after servicing plugs = water = miss = irregular running .

Clean plugs, and check throttle cable ( If not fly by wire)

Also when are you gonna join the Mazda & FORD Club ? Hmmm :)

hi

from last month onwards when i drive my car sometimes suddenly it acelerates (feel it) this happens few times in a raw. (like hikups). My car is a manual.

anyone has any idea?

Shivanka

Machan Shivanka,

As others have already posted this is probably,

1. Carbon deposits on the throttle body - Clean it

2. Idle controller or the throttle position sensor faulty - Check and replace

3. The throttle cable faulty - Check lubricate/ replace

4. A problem with the vacuum system (could be the throttle body or the various pipes and seals, need a through check !)

5. A problem with the ECU, need to plug the car in to a diagnostic system and get a report !

the above are the most common reasons for this problem (I know cos I've had it !) start with the simplest and cheapest explanations first and work yourself through a process of elimination. Any good mechanic with a bit of tinkering should be able to identify 1-4 and its the 5th one which takes a bit of work to be 100% sure !

yes, his name is Lalith

hi Thunderbolt,

hope you have sorted out the issue, I saw lot of useful tips and the tip I was searching was not there. that is to check plug wires. Recently my car developed a sudden jerk, miss kind of and I ended up replacing, fuel filter, all 4 spark plugs and still the miss was there. I was about to take the car to agents, luckily this guy, my electrician told me to check plug wires and he found one was faulty.

his contact no is 773841315

(mods pls remove this if its against the site policy)

I think MADZ in the past clarified his policy on the matter and has kindly given his blessing to publishing the contact details of technicians who might be able to help other forum members.