• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Series 2a Converted Into Series3

Avartar

Hi guyz,

I got a Series 2A landrover which has a dashboard in the middle and canopy. Now I'm thinking for some small small modifications to make it Series 3 which has a front Dashboard in the drivers seat and make it hardtop so i can make it A/C. Basically the front lights arent in the middle as S2 so i wont touch it.

My question comes like if I make it Hardtop and do a Plastic defender Dashboard will it be ugly??

If its a good idea roughly how much would it cost??

Avartar

for the most part it boils down to personal taste...

i for one would encourage you not to do any such modifications and keep things as they are and maintain the originality of the vehicle

Plastic on Series Land Rovers doesn't look good imo

As for the Hard Top - you may be able to source an original hard top that would bolt on your SII , but it may require some searching...

The Air Conditioning issue on the other hand may not be as simple as you think...

for starters, what is the engine your running currently? If its an original Land Rover 2.25 Diesel unit then i'm afraid that its more than likely to be far too underpowered to manage running a compressor as well.

Then there is also the issue of sealing the cabin - those vehicles were never meant to have any form of air conditioning so trying to figure out how to stop the air from leaking out through the gaps in the doors is going to be a mightmare.

Your best bet is to keep things original - at the end of the day it'll be a lot less trouble for you and you won't compromise the value of your vehicle by adding bits n pieces it was never meant to have.

Your best bet is to keep things original - at the end of the day it'll be a lot less trouble for you and you won't compromise the value of your vehicle by adding bits n pieces it was never meant to have.

Fully Agree with Devinda -

A original series 2 A is valuable and even a collectors item as good original ones are hard to find.

I suggest that you look at selling it and then buying a Series 3 or newer if you really want AC etc. LR are not really meant for crearture comfort( We had a long discussion on this ) cannot remember the thread though.

I too have a petrol 2 A and love her. Modifying these ancients leads to a lot of complications.

Hey BTW I am looking for a Canopy for mine so if you are converting yours to a hard top lemme know will ya?

Cheers

Prad

Fully Agree with Devinda -

A original series 2 A is valuable and even a collectors item as good original ones are hard to find.

I suggest that you look at selling it and then buying a Series 3 or newer if you really want AC etc. LR are not really meant for crearture comfort( We had a long discussion on this ) cannot remember the thread though.

I too have a petrol 2 A and love her. Modifying these ancients leads to a lot of complications.

Hey BTW I am looking for a Canopy for mine so if you are converting yours to a hard top lemme know will ya?

Cheers

Prad

Macho send me a pic of u re vehicle to [email protected] so i will have a look because im loaded with work and give me like 1 week i ll confirm u about the hard top thing..... pls send me u re contact details through any of the following messenger systems such as MSN,GTALK YAHOO and etc.... make sure that u send me some pics toooo