• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Oil For Mazda Rx-8

Z.u.L

hey guys, i guess there are few rx-8 users here in AL.. can anyone please tell me whats the engine oil that can be used for the rx-8 which is available in SL?? and do the dealer(CA***RT) have all the filters available???

I Had a RX 7 Ifini and I used MOBIL SUPER FE SPECIAL 5W-30,although Mazda recommends 5W-20,I noticed this oil lasts longer,and on a wankel engine that is notorious for consuming more oil than a normal car that is a huge advantage.I also noticed that the carbon acumilation in the engine has been significantly reduced,BUT it is more expensive.You DON'T HAVE to use this but back then I was so paranoid about my engine being ruined that I practically spent a fortune on that car,That's why I sold it and bought a Del Sol,It's not as fast but i'm no longer broke.Hope this helps...

Edited by HelRazor

You can only Use Rotary Oil Zul.

Do not use any kind of Synthetic Oil Because Manual Says that Mazda has not tested the Rotary Engine to Run on Synthetic.

I used TRUST Rotary Oil from the First Day Itself. Also due to Hotter Climate the range of OIL Viscosity Differs.

I brought all my Oils from MONSTER GARAGE SINGAPORE. They are the Rotary Experts and carry a Impressive Line of Mazda Rx 8 Performance Parts.

i used CASTROL GTX 5w-20 for my rx7.... but look like andy also using the same oil for his rx8. if you can go for dim's ( TRUST Rotary Oil ). i think C.M Sri Lanka has all the parts for your rx8 and if not go to Asiri motors for mazda parts in panchikawatte.....

thanx guys for the replies.. i guess il check whether the castrol is available here if not then il have to go for dim`s option.. thanx andy and dillon.. il be gettin my car in a few days.. i shall put up some pics of it as soon as it lands.. and guys.. some tips i gotta look out for in the car would be welcomed.. :alc:

The RX8 is a complex car to look after... a few tips that i can give you begins with the oil....make sure that u check ur dipstick every 2nd or 3rd fill up...never let the oil level go below the half mark on ur dipstick...this is vital! also the oil gauge on ur dashboard is not oil level but oil pressure so never go by what that tells you...if ever the engine oil light does pop up immediately stop driving the car and top up the oil...another tip is to never start the car move it out of the driveway (say to wash it) and shut if off immediately...this will make your engine flood and is a huge issue to sort out after...when evenever u turn ur car on let it run for a few mins until it reaches the normal engine temperature as indicated in the dash display...once it reaches the normal engine temp it is safe to turn the car off and u will never have engine flooding...if your car comes wit the standard 18'' wheels make sure u have the right tire temp at all times or ur TPMS light will be consistently on....this shud not alarm u but will be a annoyin light after...

i also suggest that u dont turn off ur DSC button for the first few weeks until u get used to the car...the DSC is 'Dynamic Stability Control' and keeps the RWD car in check incase u make a driving blunder.... if u can, get the K&N drop in replacement filter for ur car...this works wonders on it and dont try to get an intake system etc etc cos it messes with the sensors and problems after...also if u need get an Apexi SAFC II to control the air to fuel ration...does alot for the car dude...

If u want exhaust work on ur car i recommend the Greddy SP2 Catback....if u dont want the greddy atleast try to fabricate it according to its specs bro.... the standard car comes wit 240 bhp here but my car was dynod at 282 bhp on a stage 1 setup...its the max i can go on stage 1 as the next would be turbo....heheheh....u never know! all in all the RX8 is a wonderful car and will give u immense pleasure but treat her right and she will be good to you! If u need anything else feel free to ask me anytime.....

If you car is after 2004 AUGUST ( It may vary ) you might not have the Flooding Problem.

1 ) Remember you do not get a SPARE WHEEL which means you need to check your Tire Pressure and for punctures.

2 ) Some cars you get the repair kit with it.

3 ) Make sure to have your Traction Control on ( If its equipped ) at all Times in WET WEATHER.

4 ) Check OIL every 1000 km and Top Up if its less.

5 ) Its always better to get an Empty Road and check the Cars Limitation if you are not a Driver who is used to Rear Wheel Drive. Cos once the rear goes It just lets loose and if you are in dust or water patch you can damage your car but spinning 360*.

6 ) Always let the engine Temp Come to Middle position before you start REVVING UP TO 9000 RPM.

7 ) Please note that the Plastic on the Foot well Gets Easily Scratched. So take Car when getting in with sand in your shoes. Try to get a Sticker or something to cover it if possible.

One more thing.... Redline ur car atleast once every day....this is a simple solution to the carbon build up that RX8's here suffer....this car has a high redline so dont be scared to use it! Also it is a petrol guzzler so even wit that in mind take it to the redline once a day....enjoy ur car! yup yup as dims said have the DSC on at all times during rain or wet weather...the footwell does get scratched easily so clean or becareful....may i ask what year and colour it is? also auto or manual?

Edited by Andrew_GTR

i also suggest that u dont turn off ur DSC button for the first few weeks until u get used to the car...the DSC is 'Dynamic Stability Control' and keeps the RWD car in check incase u make a driving blunder....

LOL this is andy something i did not do.

I once cut of the DSC on Wet Rainy Day and the f**king thing Spun at 40 kmph due a oil slick on the road. Thank god the vehicale did not get damaged as there were no vehicales on the road, but i still have nightmares about it cos it went out of control for at least 2-3 second until the car knew i could not handle it and the DSC turn itself on again.