• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suspended Car Permit

parra

Dear all knowledgeble friends,

please enlighten me if i have a cif governmant car permit,can I still import a japanese car like YARIS.One of my friend told me that governmant has suspended the permit to import from Japan.further he told me I am only able to bye a car from MICRO.please give me advices what is the current situation on it?

Dear all knowledgeble friends,

please enlighten me if i have a cif governmant car permit,can I still import a japanese car like YARIS.One of my friend told me that governmant has suspended the permit to import from Japan.further he told me I am only able to bye a car from MICRO.please give me advices what is the current situation on it?

according to the info i gathered, the government has stopped issuing permits, but as for the people who got the permit, can only buy a locally assembled vehicle till the end of this month and the permit expires after the 30th.

Edited by Praveen

according to the info i gathered, the government has stopped issuing permits, but as for the people who got the permit, can only buy a locally assembled vehicle till the end of this month and the permit expires after the 30th.

quite likely seeing that the opening of LC's to fascilitate import of cars on the permits was suspended on the 1st of April 2008