• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice For Buying A Daewoo Matiz

MartizBuddy

Question

I'm gonna buy a Matiz soon. But they have used the car without having the air filter box for 6 months. They say that they haven't run much for these months.

Can some one adivise me on this to check on problems those might come in the future. And the car is bit noisy also. They say that it's because of the Air filter box is not there. :mellow:

9 answers to this question

I'm gonna buy a Matiz soon. But they have used the car without having the air filter box for 6 months. They say that they haven't run much for these months.

Can some one adivise me on this to check on problems those might come in the future. And the car is bit noisy also. They say that it's because of the Air filter box is not there. :mellow:

Well I'm no expert. But I can tell you one thing.

If they used the car without the air filter I'm guessing they didn't maintain the car well. Obviously they must have just used it without giving a tiny rats ass about maintenance.

So in my opinion if you buy that car you are looking for trouble. :action-smiley-060:

If they insist the noises are due to the lack of an air filter, tell the owner to fix the noise and sell the car to you. I really do not know what kind of an idiot runs a car in Colombo without an air filter !

If they insist the noises are due to the lack of an air filter, tell the owner to fix the noise and sell the car to you. I really do not know what kind of an idiot runs a car in Colombo without an air filter !

I'm wondering y they are not answering me properly. They just wanna sell it to a higher price also.

Can somebody help me on buying a Matiz for 6 to 6.5 lacks price range. I'm having a very limited budget also.

Owners think that they have the most demanding vehicles in SL and they ask for very high price.

Don't buy this Martiz which has run with out the air filter even for one day. That is sure that engine is worn out due to dust. Other thing is the market price also the more or less the same.

Therefore better to go for a well maintained one.

Good Luck :)

I thought this was a joke... running a car without the air filter? WTF! '

DON'T BUY THAT CAR. If you do, you will regret it for the rest of your life... or at least till you find another buyer who will be fooled into buying it!

I'm wondering y they are not answering me properly. They just wanna sell it to a higher price also.

Can somebody help me on buying a Matiz for 6 to 6.5 lacks price range. I'm having a very limited budget also.

Owners think that they have the most demanding vehicles in SL and they ask for very high price.

Well firstly, like someone said before, if these people ran the car without an air filter, it doesn't really say much for their care of the car. Even if you run a only on the weekends, the car is meant to have an air filter...........thats why the company fitted it there in the first place.

The matiz as a whole is not that good a car..............this is firsthand from a good buddy of mine who had one.

He discouraged me wholesale, when I was looking for a matiz for my bro. ( parts, unreliability etc.)

This however could have been one off, and I'm sure there may be very satisfied matiz drivers out there. :rolleyes:

This particular car on the other hand I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.................

You can I'm sure get a decent car for your budget of 6 - 6.5

Well firstly, like someone said before, if these people ran the car without an air filter, it doesn't really say much for their care of the car. Even if you run a only on the weekends, the car is meant to have an air filter...........thats why the company fitted it there in the first place.

The matiz as a whole is not that good a car..............this is firsthand from a good buddy of mine who had one.

He discouraged me wholesale, when I was looking for a matiz for my bro. ( parts, unreliability etc.)

This however could have been one off, and I'm sure there may be very satisfied matiz drivers out there. :rolleyes:

This particular car on the other hand I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.................

You can I'm sure get a decent car for your budget of 6 - 6.5

Shai, when the Matiz was first released in Europe it won a few awards including best in its class (super mini). It certainly won't be exciting or fun to drive but it would be fuel efficient and get you from A to B reliably.

Daewoo's of that generation aren't as hardy as some of the Daewoos that came later on. Things like shock absorbers, suspension bushes, CV joints etc would wear off relatively quickly, sometimes in half the time of a similar Japanese car. The same is to be said about the timing belt. But parts, even genuine ones are quite cheap and reasonable so it kind of balances out. I'm talking about the UK market here (sorry) but I think some of this info must apply to SL as well.

Bro, Are the previous owners a set of blind guys?????????????? :violent-smiley-030: One you run without air cleaner even for one day, thats enough to ruin an engine if a good shot of dust or some thing goes into the cylinders in the engine. And still I wonder how the engine ran so far. :action-smiley-060: Yeah as someone said you dont need to have anything else to measure how carelessly they have used this Matiz. This is extremely negligence. Atleast if they took it once for a service station, a guy at the station would have shown it to them. Still they haven't seen means they have never ever been to a service station to. So my advice is think twice or best 10 times, before you buy this car becos there are many more models and brands of cars for your budget other than this carelessly used matiz. I dont know about the ruggedness of Daewoo, but most probably this telling matiz should be a 300 - around number plated car so that means its old. I mean becos of the brand, it can be very very older than a 19 - Japanese brand like toyota or nissan.