• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats The Evo 8 Diff Oil ???

Velocity

Anyone know the Diff Oil Brand I should put for a Evo 8 GSR.

It has the ACD mode OPTION.

Let me know. Thanxxxxxxxx

Velocity - What diff are you referring to ? Front or Rear? Rear is very easy, just bleed and put Mobil 75W90. ACD/AYC has several oils (for the pump operation, diff) and have to be done meticulously or you can kill the tranny. You need original Mitsubishi Oils and for 75W oils (Mobil is good enough). Let me know what exactly you are trying to do, I can send you the service manual extracts along with part numbers for oils for 8 GSR. Is this the Yellow bird??

Velocity - What diff are you referring to ? Front or Rear? Rear is very easy, just bleed and put Mobil 75W90. ACD/AYC has several oils (for the pump operation, diff) and have to be done meticulously or you can kill the tranny. You need original Mitsubishi Oils and for 75W oils (Mobil is good enough). Let me know what exactly you are trying to do, I can send you the service manual extracts along with part numbers for oils for 8 GSR. Is this the Yellow bird??

Yes bro, its the Yellow Bird,

Rear Diff Oil is Low. It says ATF SP II Type OILS.

Bro help me out,

Thanks.

Yes bro, its the Yellow Bird,

Rear Diff Oil is Low. It says ATF SP II Type OILS.

Bro help me out,

Thanks.

Rear diff has two parts to it.

- AYC Clutch Bath which uses Mitsubishi AYC fluid or Dexron III ATF

- Diff which uses normal litre of regular gear oil 75w90 (Use Mobil )

This picture I found on the net might help:

AYC1b.JPG

How do you know if Rear Diff Oil level is low? I hope you are not referring to the oil level in the small canister in the boot? That is the hydraulic pumping fluid for the AYC clutch. It has nothing to do with the diff. You don't need to touch it as it doesn't get dirty, but if level is low, that means u have air in the AYC pump lines.

AYC1b.JPG

How do you know if Rear Diff Oil level is low? I hope you are not referring to the oil level in the small canister in the boot? That is the hydraulic pumping fluid for the AYC clutch. It has nothing to do with the diff. You don't need to touch it as it doesn't get dirty, but if level is low, that means u have air in the AYC pump lines.

:) must give you a PHD in evolution.

machan its the oil level in the canister i am looking at,

AYC1b.JPG

diffzm5.jpg

Ah simple case then. Get a can of Mobil 1 ATF (Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid) and fill it up to the level mentioned. This conforms to Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II, SP-III. If you are paranoid like me and want exactly the same thing, goto UML and buy a small can which is OEM Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II.

Evilmak

It worked. Because of OIL level low the 3 lights blinked on the ACD, now its working find and perfect,

Thanks bro......;

Awesome!..Glad I could help. Maybe a mid night burn with some sideways action while it's with you for old time's sake ?? Can tell owner you were just testing the aerodynamics! :-)

Maybe a mid night burn with some sideways action while it's with you for old time's sake ?? Can tell owner you were just testing the aerodynamics! :-)

what, an AWD power slide to test the effect of new kit on cornering downforce?? :lol:

sounds like fun! :D

• 4 weeks later...