• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reccomend A Body Shop Pls

jehan80

hi guys,

Can somebody recommend a reputable joint to get some body repairs done. There's are some minor dents and paint scratches on my vehicle which i need to get done. I went to K**** P**k body shop recently... almost fell off ma chair when the guy handed me their estimate :action-smiley-060: . I dont mind paying slightly more if someone does a good job...but their estimate was absurdly high :unsure:

Thanks and regards

hi guys,

Can somebody recommend a reputable joint to get some body repairs done. There's are some minor dents and paint scratches on my vehicle which i need to get done. I went to K**** P**k body shop recently... almost fell off ma chair when the guy handed me their estimate :action-smiley-060: . I dont mind paying slightly more if someone does a good job...but their estimate was absurdly high :unsure:

Thanks and regards

gosh KP bodyshop service is horrible... i got a job done after an accident, cost was quite high and man i suffered with those guys since they postponed the delivery dates about 4-5 times making all sorts of excuses... The final job was ok but aint worth that hassle and the price you pay... They haven't even done the finishing properly and still can see minor imperfections :violent-smiley-099:

Lucky you got away from them...

hi guys,

Thanks and regards

There is a small joint down on the Attidiya road (119 route) between Gansaba junction and Sunetra Devi junction

its on the right hand side if you are travelling from Gansaba junction and is just after the bridge and is run by a chap called Chooti !

Now I've known this chap for 11 years now and his paint work is amongst the best (considering he employs no paint booth) and prices are generally reasonable.

He does an end to end job and liaises with the insurance companies as well.

A bit of a warning though, expect delays and having to wait a bit so whatever time he tells you double it !!! and the place looks fairly ordinary but his work is good. If you want you can mention that you got his contact details from the guy who owns a black Mirage (he probably does not know my name)

As I'm away from the country a lot I'm not up to date with his contact number, but you can try 0714946477 or 075451606

If you mean just before the bridge on the right when coming from Gansaba side, then I think I've seen the spot.

Just after the Bridge on the right hand side Peri,

the place before the bridge actually looks like a more prominent place, but I've no experience with them.

But as with all SL places the standard problems persist, the worst being nothing is ever done on time ! But sometimes the known devil is better than the unknown saint, or that is what I gathered from Ripper's experience !

Just after the Bridge on the right hand side Peri,

the place before the bridge actually looks like a more prominent place, but I've no experience with them.

But as with all SL places the standard problems persist, the worst being nothing is ever done on time ! But sometimes the known devil is better than the unknown saint, or that is what I gathered from Ripper's experience !

Ahhh, I think I've seen that too. Shall make sure on the ride to work tomorrow. A few hundred meter down from Mazna, innit?

Actually, I think the Auto Mirage collision repair thing is close to that too, but never heard anything of their work.

Actually, I think the Auto Mirage collision repair thing is close to that too, but never heard anything of their work.

Thanks for the interest folks...

yeah... I was considering Auto Mirage as well seeing their ad's, but I havn't heard anything of their work either.

Edited by jehan80

Thanks for the interest folks...

yeah... I was considering Auto Mirage as well seeing their ad's, but I havn't heard anything of their work either.

expensive.

A friend went do get i little dent in his isde skirt banged out and they charged him over 8k. Quality of work is average. however that job wasn't enough to make a fair assessment. I get my car washed there quite frequently and I see quite a number of high value vehicles coming in for accident repairs.

If you mean just before the bridge on the right when coming from Gansaba side, then I think I've seen the spot.

I've seen quite a few classics there for work. He must be good.

Peri do you take that road often? You must be passing my place frequently .

Ahhh, I think I've seen that too. Shall make sure on the ride to work tomorrow. A few hundred meter down from Mazna, innit?

Yeps, that's the place,

This is my take on collision repair services like KP, Auto Miraj etc who I assume have hydraulic body repair equipment.

If your vehicle has sustained medium to heavy damage (bent chassy, damage to suspension and suspension mounts etc) then these type of companies can add value to the repair by utilising equipment they have at their disposal, as they will do a better job of re aligning your car (provided they known what they are doing, this is the problem with most places with high tech equipment !) than anything that can be achieved using a manual process.

But if your car has suffered panel damage, and especially if the vehicle is still drivable, then the above can't really add much value. Even 2K painting can reliably be done without a oven and the quality is not affected in any noticeable way ! (what happens is sometimes you need more layers of paint thanks to environmental factors interfering with the paint job, this is why you need a paint booth !!).

Now I understand there is nothing that can replace a paint job using a professional paint booth and oven, but I'm just reflecting on my experience.

I do suggest everybody make their own inquiries rather than go to a place purely on recommendation ! I think Devinda Supra & Co also mentioned a place in Dehiwala if I'm not mistaken.

I've seen quite a few classics there for work. He must be good.

Peri do you take that road often? You must be passing my place frequently .

Shuttle to work goes that way every day. I generally use it when I drive in too, less traffic.

Yeps, that's the place,

This is my take on collision repair services like KP, Auto Miraj etc who I assume have hydraulic body repair equipment.

If your vehicle has sustained medium to heavy damage (bent chassy, damage to suspension and suspension mounts etc) then these type of companies can add value to the repair by utilising equipment they have at their disposal, as they will do a better job of re aligning your car (provided they known what they are doing, this is the problem with most places with high tech equipment !) than anything that can be achieved using a manual process.

But if your car has suffered panel damage, and especially if the vehicle is still drivable, then the above can't really add much value. Even 2K painting can reliably be done without a oven and the quality is not affected in any noticeable way ! (what happens is sometimes you need more layers of paint thanks to environmental factors interfering with the paint job, this is why you need a paint booth !!).

Now I understand there is nothing that can replace a paint job using a professional paint booth and oven, but I'm just reflecting on my experience.

I do suggest everybody make their own inquiries rather than go to a place purely on recommendation ! I think Devinda Supra & Co also mentioned a place in Dehiwala if I'm not mistaken.

There is the Juki place where I got my painting done in that area too. Dunno about the dent fixing, but they do have a paint booth. And I was very happy with the job they did on mine. They specialize in Hyundais, but there was a nice Altezza with a yamaha 6 pot in there for something last time I was there. I was just in for the painting and shock replacement.

Its about 100m from the junction, towards Boralesgamuwa, right side of the road.

I agree,it depends on the kind of work that has to be done.

These guys are famous for Fiber work but they also do painting and other work too, prices are different to each other

Vonmec - Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud - Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto - Samare - 071-4879103

WOW's - Ranjith - 0716233332

To repair my front buffer lip and to paint it janitha said he want 8 and Ranji said 4, recently to do an accident repair for one of my friends car, Ranji asked 45 and Janitha 30, i must say janitha's work quality is better, 99% of Sl modified cars come to these for places, the rest 1% go to another famous guy to have aerodynamic designs and to improve performance of their cars and vans by body kits

These guys are famous for Fiber work but they also do painting and other work too, prices are different to each other

Vonmec - Janitha - 0777309641

Macvud - Asanka - 0777726045

Nilakto - Samare - 071-4879103

WOW's - Ranjith - 0716233332

To repair my front buffer lip and to paint it janitha said he want 8 and Ranji said 4, recently to do an accident repair for one of my friends car, Ranji asked 45 and Janitha 30, i must say janitha's work quality is better, 99% of Sl modified cars come to these for places, the rest 1% go to another famous guy to have aerodynamic designs and to improve performance of their cars and vans by body kits

I can personally vouch for samare of nilakto,that guy did the bodykit on my sol,efini and crx,prices are average.and ranjith is o.k,he did some work on mine when samere and he was working together.

the main thing to watch out with these guys is the finishing date,don't believe the date they say ur car will be finished.double it to be safe.

I can personally vouch for samare of nilakto,that guy did the bodykit on my sol,efini and crx,prices are average.and ranjith is o.k,he did some work on mine when samere and he was working together.

the main thing to watch out with these guys is the finishing date,don't believe the date they say ur car will be finished.double it to be safe.

Samare and Ranji used to work together at KRK some time ago, but now KRK is wost, yes any of these dont give the car on time, u can get the work done on time if you really friendly with those people, but Janitha is better in that, he only delay 2 or 3 days, but the gud thing is Ranji @ wow's use somekind of a mechine to cut catloy and potty so for those work at his place it wont take much time, btw now Ranjis main painter is not working and Janithas main painter is working with Asanka now but still Janithas paint work is gud,

yeah GFX,KRK sucks,I once went there recently and the guy there didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

samare also worked with ranjith at wow's berfore he broke away and started nilakto.

hey, does any of these guys have paint booths,i only know nilakto doesn't have one.

btw-does ranjith still have that autozam?

cheers.

yeah GFX,KRK sucks,I once went there recently and the guy there didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

samare also worked with ranjith at wow's berfore he broke away and started nilakto.

hey, does any of these guys have paint booths,i only know nilakto doesn't have one.

btw-does ranjith still have that autozam?

cheers.

non of these guys dont have paint booths, and yeah the bugger still have that Autozam V6