• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru / Audi / Accord / Bora

izzath

Hi Guys, I want Genuine Advice from experts, I run arounr 500 Km per week, Looking for a car which will be most economy( Fuel and mainenance) out of these

I chosed these because of the comfort no need to think about the second market since I will be using it for minimum of 3 years

Subaru Legacy Non Turbo Year 2000 - Auto

Audi A4 1.8T Year 2000

Honda Accord 2000

Volkswagen Bora 2000

Pleeeeese advice

I reccomend the accord,it has all your requirements,comfortable,average fuel consumtion,resale value is good than the rest and I think you'll find it rather less expensive than the rest,and you get the tremendous honda reliability as well,on the downside i think it's the ugliest of the four,you won't get the image you get with audi,Vw or even the subaru,so if you can live with the looks i think it's the best car for you...

Edited by HelRazor

i wil tell u to go for a legacy non turbo 2.0GL but if u can find a M/T tranny that would be great cos i heard from few of my frnds that the A/T has some probs after some time ... but if ur going for a auto check it well .... and u can always fit the turbo's when ever u have that extra buck ... :angry-smiley-048:

i don't kw which country ur living in dood but u have to seriously think abt service charges too before u buy ur ride ... cos labour charges differ alot from brand to brand cos people charge u for a simple oil change different ammounts by looking at the ride u own .....

as hel razor said the Accord is a good thing to go for too i would too say thats a bullet proof car no headakes... but scoobies always had a edge over me on honda's tried both and if u want to enjoy ur ride a bit more scbooie is the best and u feel a bit more save with that all weel drive system when ur taking corners interior vice i love the scoobies layout but i guess u have a bit more boot space in the accord ..correct me if i'm wrong guys .... i also got into this tough spot to buy a car with these models and finally i went for a 96 model beemer which has the looks as wel as the performance ... and now i kw a guy who works at the garage so i kw guys over there won't screw me by telling a bunch of lies when i go for the service ...

i wil tell u to go for a legacy non turbo 2.0GL but if u can find a M/T tranny that would be great cos i heard from few of my frnds that the A/T has some probs after some time ... but if ur going for a auto check it well .... and u can always fit the turbo's when ever u have that extra buck ... :angry-smiley-048:

i don't kw which country ur living in dood but u have to seriously think abt service charges too before u buy ur ride ... cos labour charges differ alot from brand to brand cos people charge u for a simple oil change different ammounts by looking at the ride u own .....

as hel razor said the Accord is a good thing to go for too i would too say thats a bullet proof car no headakes... but scoobies always had a edge over me on honda's tried both and if u want to enjoy ur ride a bit more scbooie is the best and u feel a bit more save with that all weel drive system when ur taking corners interior vice i love the scoobies layout but i guess u have a bit more boot space in the accord ..correct me if i'm wrong guys .... i also got into this tough spot to buy a car with these models and finally i went for a 96 model beemer which has the looks as wel as the performance ... and now i kw a guy who works at the garage so i kw guys over there won't screw me by telling a bunch of lies when i go for the service ...

Hi Budy, Thanks for that, I din understand what u mean by M/T and A/T and also scoobies??????? I am not a car expert sir :rolleyes: How much feel does the subaru does??? I saw 2 subaru legacies.

Hi Budy, Thanks for that, I din understand what u mean by M/T and A/T and also scoobies??????? I am not a car expert sir :rolleyes: How much feel does the subaru does??? I saw 2 subaru legacies.

M/T = manual transmission

A/T = automatic transmission

scooby = Subaru Imprezza WRX / STI

M/T = manual transmission

A/T = automatic transmission

scooby = Subaru Imprezza WRX / STI

Don, sorry about that mix up... :))

That was meant to Madz!!

Cheers

While on the thread.....anyone considered a P11 Primera to be added to this list? Just my two cents here....:)

sorry machang for the late riply got tied up with work ... machang if ur a married guy u can safely take ur kids to school and ... if the kids r small the interior will with stand the attack and for the weekend u cna go shopping with ur wiffy with out thinking abt boot space for ur shopping ... if ur talking abt the handling and performance it's pretty comfy fast and safe .... yes it looks a bit bulky (if ur going for thr 2000 /2002 model ) but i feel it's a good car and the service has to be done after every 10,000Km's .... it rarely brake downs so i think it's a good car to go for .... there are two models machang the station vagon model and the normal saloon model .... pick one which suits u the most and good luck and enjoying the open road .... cheers

Hi Guys, I want Genuine Advice from experts, I run arounr 500 Km per week, Looking for a car which will be most economy( Fuel and mainenance) out of these

I chosed these because of the comfort no need to think about the second market since I will be using it for minimum of 3 years

Subaru Legacy Non Turbo Year 2000 - Auto

Audi A4 1.8T Year 2000

Honda Accord 2000

Volkswagen Bora 2000

Pleeeeese advice

I would seriously consider a used BMW diesel for heavy running like you say. Madmax will give you the user experience, but in summary, its not as expensive as you might think, fuel usage is real good and comfort will be second to none. And it will hold value even over 3 years in this segment. The major tricky part is finding a good example, like Max's red 320d. Awesome cruiser for long runs. The other two choices in order will the that A4 and like GTAm said the Passat 1.8T.

I would seriously consider a used BMW diesel for heavy running like you say. Madmax will give you the user experience, but in summary, its not as expensive as you might think, fuel usage is real good and comfort will be second to none. And it will hold value even over 3 years in this segment. The major tricky part is finding a good example, like Max's red 320d. Awesome cruiser for long runs. The other two choices in order will the that A4 and like GTAm said the Passat 1.8T.

Was looking at an upgrade and was considering a 320d until lately. Read on the web that some cars experience a turbo failure causing all the engine oil to splurt out causing engine damage. Took it out of my list once I read that. There are some cars for sale in the 3-4mil range. Anything we should watch out for in looking at BMW diesels? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.