• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Who Is Using Led Bulbs For Vehicle?

Nilantha

Who is using LED bulbs for park light, reverse light, turn signal and brake light?

I have a pair of LED lights on my front side lights. Didnt like the yellow colour of the normal bulb as it didnt match the Zenon white light. Wanted to change the interior bulb to an LED but didnt get a chance.

I have a pair of LED lights on my front side lights. Didnt like the yellow colour of the normal bulb as it didnt match the Zenon white light. Wanted to change the interior bulb to an LED but didnt get a chance.

When you say "front side" do u mean the bumper light? if so what is the holder type and where did u buy them from.

I have an LED for interior, but it is Blue. in case u want. I will re-order the White from ebay

Who is using LED bulbs for park light, reverse light, turn signal and brake light?

I'm Using them On my cars Number Plates (White LEDs) and on Park Lights on front. got them through eBay. Holder type was 168/198.

you can use this guide to determine which type of bulb on which part

When you say "front side" do u mean the bumper light? if so what is the holder type and where did u buy them from.

I have an LED for interior, but it is Blue. in case u want. I will re-order the White from ebay

My bulbs are 501 inside the headlamp unit. These were the ones I got

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-led-s...1-pr-16702.html

These people do free worldwide delivery but Im not sure how the pries compare with what you can get in SL

I’m using white LED's for my front parking lights. 4 LED's per each side. Bought LED's from Pettah for Rs. 5 each. Soldered them and made a matching socket myself and fixed.

Planning to change all parking lights in to LED's : :jumping-smiley-013:

that aint easy if u are going to do it for ur brake lights and reverse man.. especially our models with the big holders...

Its no big issue. Just have to break the bulb n use the holder. With good soldering n help of silicon no probs. No point of doin the mod for reverse cus it'll reduce the ammount of light.

One hint though if u put LEDs to indicators it will start to blink in a very high rate. It caused by low wattage in LED. Can solve by using high watt resistors.

Its no big issue. Just have to break the bulb n use the holder. With good soldering n help of silicon no probs. No point of doin the mod for reverse cus it'll reduce the ammount of light.

One hint though if u put LEDs to indicators it will start to blink in a very high rate. It caused by low wattage in LED. Can solve by using high watt resistors.

no need to modify any thing. i saw there are LED bulbs made for specially vehicles.

see

0012500eo0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edited by Nilantha

hey guys, no offense but most ready made LED clusters aren't bright enough to replace the OEM incandescent bulbs. There are some 194 (holder) type LEDs that can work for parking light and side (fender/quarter panel) signal applications but if you want adequate and safe amount of light, then you will have to make your own. Its not that hard to make ..

I have posted these before on this forum and I am sure most of you guys can do this at home.. (these are some I made for a 99 maxima)

maximaledtail1.jpg

maximaledtail2.jpg

maximaledtail3.jpg

maximaledtail4.jpg

maximaledtail5.jpg

maximaledtail6.jpg

maximaledtail7.jpg

I usually use Superflux LEDs made by philips and sold under lumileds brand. The tails shown above were made with 70ma 2.6v Leds with just an array of resistors (no PWM).

For turn-signals, you can use high power resistors to prevent hyper blinking but thats not a perfect solution in warm climates (resistor has to dissipate the extra energy as heat - you're wasting energy). A smarter option is to swap out the thermal flasher unit with an electronic one which maintains same flash rate independent of load.

I used and e-flasher for the front turn signals shown

. These are just 3x 10mm amber LEDs per light.. I later added 2 more LEDs per light but still not bright enough IMO, but haven't had a chance to redo yet...

sorry for being picky but LEDs are not "bulbs" - there has to be gas inside to make it a bulb

Edited by dhp

no need to modify any thing. i saw there are LED bulbs made for specially vehicles.

see

0012500eo0.th.jpgthpix.gif

imagelong2000bx5.th.jpgthpix.gif

What do u rekon the price would be? IMHO no fun in buying stuff when u can simply DIY for far more cheaper price.

Looks like we have some very talented people on AL..

Why not we compile a list of required bulbs, and start "PROJECT GURU-G"

Planing to do it on december. Currently doing a project on intake.

I came across with an advertisement which indicated they have LED bulbs for sale at 150 each. Here's the phone number. Contact n see for yourselves.

Yeah. I called that number and heard they are having many types of LEDs which are suitable for park lights, reverse lights, room lights etc.. and seems they are reasonable in price.

Thanks for sharing the information which i was looking for couple of months.

Yeah. I called that number and heard they are having many types of LEDs which are suitable for park lights, reverse lights, room lights etc.. and seems they are reasonable in price.

Thanks for sharing the information which i was looking for couple of months.

Machan where is this place located? any info?

What do u rekon the price would be? IMHO no fun in buying stuff when u can simply DIY for far more cheaper price.

Planing to do it on december. Currently doing a project on intake.

Intakes..?!!?

I need one..!! let me know if u succeed.