• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Well, Car Is Getting Torn Apart Again...

Mean Green z28

So after I blew the clutch, I finally set up my garage at home and put the car on jackstands so I can pull the transmission out during the winter. Well what do you know! I see a patch of coolant on the garage floor when I crawl under there and turns out my head gasket is leaking. I knew this was gonna happen dues to a mismatch on the head gasket and the head and we had done a little patch up to fix the issue but I guess it gave way :action-smiley-060:

Anyway, clutch is on hold and the heads are coming off ... pics of the carnage ... lol

20776208945.jpg

20776208947.jpg

One head done, one more to go ... I'll be getting them checked and flowbenched while they're out (see the little notch on the sealing surface below the chamber, which is what gave me trouble with the headgasket; this will be filled and smoothed)

20776208942.jpg

The Interior torn apart to install the gauges...

20776208941.jpg

20776208938.jpg

Some pics. of the Garage (still trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff that was stashed in there when we moved in):

My toolbox etc. pushed to the side for now until I rearrange everything

20776208943.jpg

My work bench area with the requisite PC, radio, etc. ... lol

20776208949.jpg

Home built rack to store my extra sets of wheels/etc.

20776208946.jpg

wow you got enough stuff to set up your own mechanic shop.. :lol:

@ it looks like you've got your hands full there...good luck with the job mate :)

Well I used to be a tech at a speed shop while in college modding these cars (and learned a LOT by doing so) so I have all that stuff left over (and over $15K in tools I'm still paying for :action-smiley-060: ) ... this is the only reason I can afford this hobby; by doing the work myself. I plan to work out of my garage on small/long term projects for a few select customers who like my work probably from next year or so if I can work out a schedule between work/etc. and the baby on the way :unsure: Edited by Mean Green z28

Well I used to be a tech at a speed shop while in college modding these cars (and learned a LOT by doing so) so I have all that stuff left over (and over $15K in tools I'm still paying for :action-smiley-060: ) ... this is the only reason I can afford this hobby; by doing the work myself. I plan to work out of my garage on small/long term projects for a few select customers who like my work probably from next year or so if I can work out a schedule between work/etc. and the baby on the way :unsure:

Good luck bro! Wish you all the best for your new business!!!!!!!!!! :alc: